Staredit Network > Forums > Lite Discussion > Topic: The familiarity of information
The familiarity of information
Apr 27 2011, 6:28 am
By: Fire_Kame  

Apr 30 2011, 10:51 pm ClansAreForGays Post #21

The more I think about how a government will eventually form under any circumstances, I think the best we could ever hope for is a benevolent king/dictator.

May 1 2011, 1:35 am CaptainWill Post #22

You're right, but at least a democracy guarantees an incompetent and vaguely benign leader.

I don't know if I'd rather take my chances with a dictatorship, and risk getting a Caligula, a Stalin or a Mao.

None.

May 1 2011, 1:47 am Sacrieur Post #23

Still Napping

Quote from CaptainWill
You're right, but at least a democracy guarantees an incompetent and vaguely benign leader.

I don't know if I'd rather take my chances with a dictatorship, and risk getting a Caligula, a Stalin or a Mao.

Anarchy!

None.

May 1 2011, 3:48 am Fire_Kame Post #24

wth is starcraft

lol I totally made a topic about that. :P

May 1 2011, 4:02 am Tempz Post #25

King/Dictator is absolute, with democracy we at least vote in people to power. Even though 99 percent of the people we vote in are being funded by organizations (this is meant to corrupt them) we at least have a choice of who to vote in. In other places they usually don't start out corrupt, moving on... I find this discussion is more about space than anything else :O, and the title is very misleading.

None.

May 1 2011, 4:05 am Fire_Kame Post #26

wth is starcraft

Democracy, true democracy, is very inefficient and takes a long time to accomplish much of anything. Benevolent dictators can take back control whenever needed, but still provides some feeling of autonomy to the subjects.

May 1 2011, 10:32 am BeDazed Post #27

We should design self-evolving AIs with hard-coded basic laws to do all the politics. They would have computerized consensus and take the cons and pros and weigh them accordingly with purely mathematical reasoning. It would be highly efficient as a whole society, with no corruption whatsoever. Unlike our current, totally inefficient governments. And once we become advanced enough, we would then attach neuro-internet to every single person on this Earth to achieve consensus to the A.I. It would be instantaneous and real time. Highly efficient.

None.

May 1 2011, 3:05 pm rayNimagi Post #28

How would you determine the weight of each option? If you went by "maximum benefits to maximum people," a minority of people could receive negative consequences. Machines are as only as biased as the designers, so there could still be a possibility of corruption.

It would be interesting to establish a state based on that principle though.

Win by luck, lose by skill.

Options
  Back to forum