Staredit Network > Forums > Lite Discussion > Topic: Birth and Life.
Birth and Life.
Apr 23 2011, 5:28 pm
By: TiKels  

Apr 23 2011, 5:28 pm TiKels Post #1

I heard something interesting. I can't find it again but it was something like Found it, I had misquoted.

Its interesting when you think about it - you dont remember being born. You just suddenly realise that you exist when you are about nine months old. The life is a conspiracy!

I've thought of these sorts of things before, but for me, I began existing at about 3. My first memory was when I went into the kitchen and saw my parents watching TV together. I went up and kissed my mother and said something like "A kiss for mommy!" and then hugged my father and said "And a hug for dad!". I still am not very fond of my father. But I felt that my father would not appreciate being like "LOL I DONT LOVE YOU" when I was like 3.

Why does this happen? What are your first memories? When were they if you can remember?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 23 2011, 5:52 pm by TiKels.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Apr 23 2011, 5:40 pm Fire_Kame Post #2

wth is starcraft

It has to do with how your brain develops. My first memory is from when I was three or four myself. I was in a huge classroom (which probably wasn't that big) with my first speech therapist. Namely, when the bell rang inside the building it buzzed, which freaked me out. I really don't remember what school I went to. I remember bits and pieces of the ride there, but the parts I do remember there's no school in that direction. :S

Apr 23 2011, 6:05 pm payne Post #3

:payne:

I can't remember anything before like 6 yo. :/

None.

Apr 23 2011, 6:44 pm ubermctastic Post #4

Maybe before that time our mind isn't capable as processing the stimuli as a memory.
Or maybe we jus forget it all the same way I dont know what I ate for lunch 25 days ago.
Maybe our minds lose all of our early memories, when our mind starts to operate in a language?

I wish I knew the order of my early memories, but I'm really not sure which was first.
I'm pretty sure that I was about 3 years old when it happened.

None.

Apr 23 2011, 6:51 pm Vrael Post #5

Well.... I remember being young... I've seen thousands of other people... I've seen babies and childbirth... therefore I fallaciously imply that I must have been born at some point, and life isn't a conspiracy.

None.

Apr 23 2011, 6:58 pm Fire_Kame Post #6

wth is starcraft

Quote from Vrael
Well.... I remember being young... I've seen thousands of other people... I've seen babies and childbirth... therefore I fallaciously imply that I must have been born at some point, and life isn't a conspiracy.

But the pit fighting they make you do in order to reach adolescence is.

Apr 23 2011, 6:58 pm CaptainWill Post #7

I can't recall anything before about 3 years old, where my dad made me a model of a Spitfire and I played with it in the bath.

Why the hell would you want to remember being born anyway? It would be a very traumatic experience and I'd guess that us not remembering it is a biological defence mechanism.

None.

Apr 23 2011, 6:59 pm Centreri Post #8

Relatively ancient and inactive

The quote is idiotic.

On a related note, my earliest memory is of snow-covered slides in a playground in Russia. In my mind, they're huge, so I'm guessing ~3-4's about right. :P I'm pretty sure they were significantly bigger than what you'd find on most playgrounds, though. I also remember there being like three of them right next to each other...

None.

Apr 23 2011, 7:56 pm Fire_Kame Post #9

wth is starcraft

On a happier note, my boyfriend's first memory of me is when we were lining up in the schoolyard after recess, and our 1st grade classes were next door, so we lined up next to each other. And he looked over and thought "that's Anna's line." :kame: :kame: :kame:

Apr 23 2011, 8:01 pm CaptainWill Post #10

My first memory of my ex was "She seems grumpy - I don't think I'll talk to her."

Then I turned back to my work and found my friend had drawn a penis over it.

None.

Apr 23 2011, 8:29 pm TiKels Post #11

The quote was pulled off of some nobody that no1 cares about. It's not supposed to be profound or insightful, but it just got me thinking.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Apr 23 2011, 9:30 pm BiOAtK Post #12

I don't remember a specific early memory, but my memory of what happened (from my eyes, I remember events vaguely) is semicomplete. Anyways, my first memory of my girl friend is, "wow, she has huge tits." true love :kame:

None.

Apr 24 2011, 3:45 am Fire_Kame Post #13

wth is starcraft

TiKels, have you ever read Piaget's theory? It nicely outlines how children think. The main idea, it appears, is that babies are too egocentric to really focus on anything beyond themselves. At about three or four, the mind expands enough to allow a bit more perspective - even though egocentricity still exists.

Options
  Back to forum