Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Custom Maps > Topic: [CTF] Snipers Promod
[CTF] Snipers Promod
Feb 16 2011, 8:32 pm
By: Gizmo_mcS  

Feb 16 2011, 8:32 pm Gizmo_mcS Post #1

Snipers Promod
(still testing)
http://www.gamingcraft.net

In SC1 i loved to play the snipers maps so i decided to do something related to it

its released in EU & US with the name Snipers Promod its still on testing but all help is welcome

Join channel Snipers i'll be there.
add GizmomcS 774

im planning to add more items, already have planned smoke grenade that will leave smoke where u can hide and slow ppl in it and also a flash grenade that will make the targets lose fov if you have more suggestions say it :P

for now ive stun mines, detectors drones and decoys.. thats you can buy with Credits that you win by killing and capturing flags..
also added MVP that will show below the timer and it saves in your life stats

i need lot of suggestions and everyone is welcome :)

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 17 2011, 4:26 pm by Gizmo_mcS.

None.

Feb 17 2011, 4:55 am payne Post #2

:payne:

I could publish the map over the US server for you. It should ensure you it gets played during Map Nights. :)

None.

Feb 17 2011, 12:03 pm Gizmo_mcS Post #3

Quote from payne
I could publish the map over the US server for you. It should ensure you it gets played during Map Nights. :)

oh i already got guy to upload it in US can you check if it is up ?

if not ill send you

None.

Feb 17 2011, 12:48 pm Decency Post #4

I sniped seriously for a dozen years or so in SC1, can't wait to see this.

None.

Feb 18 2011, 12:20 am UnholyUrine Post #5

2 questions

1. What's the mechanics for the sniping like? Is it oldschool SC1 style, where you race to click the unit...
Or is it more realistic, where you shoot at the direction of the opponent, and bullets are dodge-able.

2. Can you please elaborate more on/show screenies of the Items?

Thanks

None.

Feb 18 2011, 1:00 pm Gizmo_mcS Post #6

Quote from UnholyUrine
2 questions

1. What's the mechanics for the sniping like? Is it oldschool SC1 style, where you race to click the unit...
Or is it more realistic, where you shoot at the direction of the opponent, and bullets are dodge-able.

2. Can you please elaborate more on/show screenies of the Items?

Thanks

this version is like in sc1 you have to press A and click the unit. but i was also thinking on making a version with dodgeable projectiles

None.

Feb 18 2011, 2:36 pm Decency Post #7

Quote from UnholyUrine
Or is it more realistic ... and bullets are dodge-able.

None.

Feb 18 2011, 9:28 pm Jack Post #8

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from name:FaZ-
Quote from UnholyUrine
Or is it more realistic ... and bullets are dodge-able.

This would actually be a cool idea. Think about it, you aim anywhere on the map and click, and if you aim in front of a guy and he moves towards where you shoot, when you shoot he dies. But if he suddenly stops moving, your shot misses. Of course, if he remains still or runs straight at you it'd be essentially the same as the original style.

I'm guessing the reason you thought this so "..." is because you can't dodge bullets realistically. I think what they mean is that if someone aims badly you miss. In the original style, all you have to do is click their ghost and the ghost dies, whereas in this you could make it more hardcore.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Feb 18 2011, 9:28 pm Decency Post #9

Yeah, I was just making fun of how silly of a statement that was.

The idea was done before in War3, I can't recall the name but it was some sort of Paintball. It was decent but Battle.net's custom game latency makes it basically unplayable.

None.

Options
  Back to forum