Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Custom Maps > Topic: Zombie Apocalypse: The Beginning
Zombie Apocalypse: The Beginning
Feb 16 2011, 8:03 pm
By: Riney
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Mar 1 2011, 5:24 am Riney Post #21

Thigh high affectionado

Making Progress:

Experience works, leveling system to be done tomorrow. Dropping items works. Ive also added Tooltips to many items in the top left dialog, and plan on having more, such as highlighting Kills will show your Lifetime kills, as well as kills everyone else has. Highlighting level will show everyones level.

Will need a test to make sure it works for more than just me ;D

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Mar 1 2011, 11:51 am MadZombie Post #22

Need some walls? :3

None.

Mar 2 2011, 12:00 am Riney Post #23

Thigh high affectionado

Perhaps :3

Edit: So some more changes have been made, including making the inventory system probably 5 times more functional. By clicking an item inside it, it will turn it gray and assign its slot to a variable. If you click it again, it turns back to normal. If you click another slot, it either moves or swaps with the item there, and sets it back to normal. If you click the playable area around the dialog, you will drop the item right under your character. Using and Splitting items, still working on this. Use will probably be a spell that appears if you have a specific item, such as a grenade or medkit. Split though, will probably be something like -split or -s and then a number, then when clicking an item, takes that amount from the stack you choose, and either creates it on the ground if your inventory is full, or puts it in your inventory. By typing -split with no number will set it back to default, which is one half of the stack.

Picture time! Leveling up is done, though no passive buff or talent point is given yet. Passive buffs would probably include 2 points of hp, 1 point of mana, 0.01 hp and energy recovery, and maybe every 10 levels you get 1 point of armor.

As you can see, exp and the level system works (Both are numbers that are higher than 0 or 1, hopefully thats enough proof xD)

Edit Again:

Hello beasty

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Mar 3 2011, 7:57 pm by Riney.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Mar 3 2011, 8:10 pm Observer12425 Post #24

That marine is SCREWED.

None.

Mar 6 2011, 1:05 am Riney Post #25

Thigh high affectionado

Ive decided to make the player feel more unique, Ill be adding a few other skills that the player can learn.

These include classes:
Medic
Armor Crafter
(And some others I have written down somewhere)

And some skills:
Keen Eye - Find drops at about a 2% chance off dead enemies
Pack Rat - Find supplies for crafting skills, and Passive: Allows the user to carry more stacks of items in the inventory.

Feedback or other ideas would be great.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Mar 8 2011, 12:31 am Lingie Post #26

So I /finally/ had my hand in on some terrain. I've got to get used to the freeformness of it, but we should be good. Expect some streets with buildings soon, moreso then I've done already.

Lingie#3148 on Discord. Lingie, the Fox-Tailed on Steam.

Mar 8 2011, 8:09 pm Jack Post #27

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Hurry up and use those models I linked you to. I PMed you how to use them.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Mar 16 2011, 12:48 am Tempz Post #28

Will you have puzzles? will it be resident evil type game or more like Left 4 dead?

None.

Mar 17 2011, 6:04 am Riney Post #29

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from Tempz
Will you have puzzles? will it be resident evil type game or more like Left 4 dead?

This one will be more of a survival game where you just gather supplies, kill key things, and get the target things to get out of the city. The next installment may have puzzles however.

Ill have more guns and shit soon, had to finish up with college first. Got an A and a B so Im happy :kame:

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Mar 17 2011, 6:29 am payne Post #30

:payne:

You should make it more coop-ish and have a quest where one player must concentrate on resolving a puzzle while others defend him.
I don't know if you've played that Alien Swarm mission where you get flooded into a small room with like 3 doors, but that's what I have in mind.

None.

Mar 17 2011, 6:52 am Riney Post #31

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from payne
You should make it more coop-ish and have a quest where one player must concentrate on resolving a puzzle while others defend him.
I don't know if you've played that Alien Swarm mission where you get flooded into a small room with like 3 doors, but that's what I have in mind.

With a small puzzle like this, it may be possible to fit a few in. Though I dont want to over do it in the first one. I may or may not scrap the crafting skills I was planning.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Sep 30 2011, 4:12 am Riney Post #32

Thigh high affectionado

ITS GO TIME, reopening the map. So anyway, complete overhaul of the skill system I had originally planned.

Everything is now going to fall into three categories.

Survival:
Increased HP
Increased HP regen
Find loot

Combat:
Firearms Training (General Damage)
Pistols
Shotguns
Automatics

Agility:
Increased Movement Speed

This is what I got so far. Please feel free to add.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Sep 30 2011, 4:19 am Raitaki Post #33

Survival:
Small chance to reduce damage taken
Chance to survive fatal blow with 1 HP left (maybe, looks pretty useless)

Combat:
Faster Reloading
Headshot chance?

Agility:
Evasion
Sweeping kick that stuns nearby zombies?

None.

Sep 30 2011, 4:41 am Riney Post #34

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from Raitaki
Survival:
Small chance to reduce damage taken
Chance to survive fatal blow with 1 HP left (maybe, looks pretty useless)

Combat:
Faster Reloading
Headshot chance?

Agility:
Evasion
Sweeping kick that stuns nearby zombies?

The kick, meh Id need help doing that. Evasion sounds good, faster reloading yes, Headshot AKA Crit strike needs to be in agility, survive fatal blow maybe.

Good ideas so far even though broad and incredibly general, keep em coming.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Sep 30 2011, 5:07 am LoveLess Post #35

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Quote from Riney
ITS GO TIME, reopening the map. So anyway, complete overhaul of the skill system I had originally planned.

Everything is now going to fall into three categories.

Survival:
Increased HP
Increased HP regen
Find loot

Combat:
Firearms Training (General Damage)
Pistols
Shotguns
Automatics

Agility:
Increased Movement Speed

This is what I got so far. Please feel free to add.
Survival:
Increased loot % with range
Increased in item effect
Increased Health

Combat:
Increased Damage w/ Guns
Increased Weapon Proficiency (Reloading for some weapons, Range for others, Usability, etc)
Increased Chance to Head Shot

Physique:
Increased Damage w/ Melee
Increased Movement Speed
Increased Armor

That would cover everything possible, no? Any kind of spells would fall under Survival in my opinion.

None.

Sep 30 2011, 5:16 am Riney Post #36

Thigh high affectionado

My problem with your Physique, which mind you Id love to add, I currently am torn between whether or not I want melee weapons. Right now I didnt even have them planned, considering most zombies would tear you in half if they caught up to you.

Currently (Playing around with the Dialog Maker) Ive got this:

I think itll need realigned eventually, but it should work. Gotta put all of this information into SC2 brb.

Edit: And this is what it looks like in my map.

Got some stuff to account for, such as actual Icon sizes, but besides that I should be able to start making passives :awesome:

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Sep 30 2011, 6:07 am by Riney.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Sep 30 2011, 11:35 pm TiKels Post #37

Maybe you could pull a Path of exile has have crossover traits... Like putting firing speed for single fire guns (effects damage output) into agility because your hands get faster.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Oct 1 2011, 4:43 pm Riney Post #38

Thigh high affectionado

Well there is no actual bonus for choosing skills in a particular tree, just what they're classified as...

But then again...maybe I COULD. Every point into agi passives give 0.02 movement speed and 0.02 ~ 0.002 fire speed (Based on weapon), survival skills all give + 5 hp, and conbat skills make reload faster?

Thanks tikels you just gave me brilliant ideas :awesome:

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Oct 2 2011, 3:21 pm TiKels Post #39

Quote from Riney
Thanks tikels you just gave me brilliant ideas :awesome:
:wob:

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Oct 22 2011, 2:42 pm Tempz Post #40

I see your map is coming along quite well... Any pics of other bosses?

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum