Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Custom Maps > Topic: Diablo - Mortal Shroud
Diablo - Mortal Shroud
Feb 10 2011, 1:00 am
By: Ahli
Pages: < 1 « 39 40 41 42 4354 >

Apr 30 2013, 4:16 pm sakuckoinvius Post #801

Since this forum is mainly for testing Ahli product, I doubt he enjoys the subject changes. Either way, I'll answer for public knowledge.

@ Shakoyo: FormatFactory is what I use, using the portable version as well. So far, it did a marvelous job for me. I'd say the only "ick" of it is that it do not support .mid (audio). It convert Audio/Video/images to whatever you want (Support flv, which is a great video file, just not popular, for some reason, just like .ogg for musics).

@ Ahli: I've been busy lately, couldn't keep testing. I'll be back on testing machine this week-end. I cannot wait to play the newest version (which I haven't yet). I'll catch up and find you some other bugs.

Have you fixed the Inspect party yet?

None.

Apr 30 2013, 5:26 pm Ahli Post #802

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from SeraphicStar
[quote=name:shayoko]Oh also I wanted to know Ahli, how soon do you think we should expect the addition of other player skills and the skill tree? I am really looking forward to this addition since it will dramatically change how the other 2 classes can play and I believe their damage output as well! :D
Not soon. I'm slowly working on it, but I've a lot to do for university.

Quote from sakuckoinvius
Since this forum is mainly for testing Ahli product, I doubt he enjoys the subject changes.
Yes, the forum rules state that you should keep the discussion on the topic and not hijack threads. Open a new thread with a proper title instead.

Quote from sakuckoinvius
I fixed a bug in it, so I hope it works fine now.

May 1 2013, 3:38 pm shayoko Post #803

i see i think one of my comments was removed :(,sorry about that then :(
but thx for the info

None.

May 3 2013, 2:27 pm sakuckoinvius Post #804

Quote from Ahli
Quote from sakuckoinvius

I'm not fully aware how you want it to work, but I've tested it on a new player, and it didn't work. Althought, if it supose to show what the player had on the loading, it's totally normal that it didn't work. I asked to a new player to test inspect on my sorcerer, and same result. The sound with no pop up. I'm pretty sure it still do not work.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but in the Skill page, even if you're a sorcerer, warrior or rogue, it always show the "Leap" spell. Also these pages aren't completed, I supose that's just not completed over bugs, but I prefer telling you.

Mana shield is way to strong since it allow your character not to be affected by melee's stun (it show miss but you receive dmg). With it, you basicly become unstopable, then just get tons of mana (example my case with 907) and you're capable of clearing all the map with 4 potions (less if you get books)

Who ever said before that gems are not good for sorcerer (mainly for weapons) is totally right. Althought I do like it that way since sorcerer is really powerful character. It doesn't really need to be any stronger. Mine does, so far only 56-82 dmg with a simple morning star(melee). Imagine with gemmed weapon... it would be total carnage. (I also have fastest attack speed, for the thrill of it)

Thanks for fixing the gold rate, I'm glad I finally get 700 to 1300 gold per kill. It make my life easier to gamble items to upgrade my magic up to 364. I'm only at 348 so far :(

Edit: It would be nice if there would be any way to lvl up Class spells (Multishot, leap, whirlwind, lightning trap)
Mean while, lightning trap is terrible... might want to work on that. The triggering it require you to take an hit from the ennemy, and that's to get him some small dmg and really short stun. I think it could be buffed a bit :P

Edit2-3: I think you should check Cryptic shrine's effect. It say +20% elemental damage. But it seems to double it. Here is the damage before using shrine and while having the effect. I got sad not seeing Manashield affected by it... :lol:
Charged bolt: 1-228 to 2-501
Firebolt: 137-215 to 301-472
Flash: 1-74 to 2-162

Edit4: I think you should Scale ruby/sapphir a bit higher for hp/mana. from +25 to +31 is kinda low upgrade from fusing 3X25 into 1X31. I'm aware I'll hear "Yeah but that way it take 1 slot over 3", but does 2 slots really worth that -44 ?

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on May 3 2013, 3:42 pm by sakuckoinvius.

None.

May 3 2013, 3:55 pm Ahli Post #805

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from sakuckoinvius
Quote from Ahli
Quote from sakuckoinvius

I'm not fully aware how you want it to work, but I've tested it on a new player, and it didn't work. Althought, if it supose to show what the player had on the loading, it's totally normal that it didn't work. I asked to a new player to test inspect on my sorcerer, and same result. The sound with no pop up. I'm pretty sure it still do not work.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but in the Skill page, even if you're a sorcerer, warrior or rogue, it always show the "Leap" spell. Also these pages aren't completed, I supose that's just not completed over bugs, but I prefer telling you.

Mana shield is way to strong since it allow your character not to be affected by melee's stun (it show miss but you receive dmg). With it, you basicly become unstopable, then just get tons of mana (example my case with 907) and you're capable of clearing all the map with 4 potions (less if you get books)

Who ever said before that gems are not good for sorcerer (mainly for weapons) is totally right. Althought I do like it that way since sorcerer is really powerful character. It doesn't really need to be any stronger. Mine does, so far only 56-82 dmg with a simple morning star(melee). Imagine with gemmed weapon... it would be total carnage. (I also have fastest attack speed, for the thrill of it)

Thanks for fixing the gold rate, I'm glad I finally get 700 to 1300 gold per kill. It make my life easier to gamble items to upgrade my magic up to 364. I'm only at 348 so far :(
Skill page is incomplete. It's just a start I made a long time ago.

The inspect window is bugged then. I intended it to alter the window and display the items of the inspected player along with name, class and level. I will alter it again and simplify its design.

May 7 2013, 7:49 am sakuckoinvius Post #806

Since I haven't gotten any answers, I Quote myself in a new post.
Quote from sakuckoinvius
Edit: It would be nice if there would be any way to lvl up Class spells (Multishot, leap, whirlwind, lightning trap)
Mean while, lightning trap is terrible... might want to work on that. The triggering it require you to take an hit from the ennemy, and that's to get him some small dmg and really short stun. I think it could be buffed a bit :P

Edit2-3: I think you should check Cryptic shrine's effect. It say +20% elemental damage. But it seems to double it. Here is the damage before using shrine and while having the effect. I got sad not seeing Manashield affected by it... :lol:

Edit4: I think you should Scale ruby/sapphir a bit higher for hp/mana. from +25 to +31 is kinda low upgrade from fusing 3X25 into 1X31. I'm aware I'll hear "Yeah but that way it take 1 slot over 3", but does 2 slots really worth that -44 ?

I've found 2 others issues... meanwhile:

First: My firewall is lvl 15, and it still says it does 12-18 damage. I hope it's not it real damage, otherwise it blow :P
Second: Guardians actually block paths, so using it in cathedral / any small room can be used as a invincible wall. Might as well fix that if you can.

None.

May 7 2013, 10:44 am Ahli Post #807

Quote from sakuckoinvius
Since I haven't gotten any answers, I Quote myself in a new post.
Quote from sakuckoinvius

I've found 2 others issues... meanwhile:

First: My firewall is lvl 15, and it still says it does 12-18 damage. I hope it's not it real damage, otherwise it blow :P
Second: Guardians actually block paths, so using it in cathedral / any small room can be used as a invincible wall. Might as well fix that if you can.

A single Firewall fire patch will damage up to 12 times. A unit is very likely to touch 2 of those resulting in 24 attacks. The fire doesn't hurt you, so you can stand within it to force the monsters to stay longer within the flames. Also, normally you would hit multiple monsters at one with this.

The a mount increased is bugged. It's increasing it by 100% too much for spells.

May 8 2013, 2:05 am shayoko Post #808

hora hora :D
i wanted to ask what spell to hit means? as certain if not all spells have it. do you need dexterity increased for spells to be effective?

also is golem a learn able spell? or only in a staff(i had thought it was the same as guardian but i guess not)

also where is the nova spell lol? being like lvl 31-33 and not having its getting a lil depressing am i just that unlucky with the witch or is it catacomes only?(only if you wanna tell otherwise ill woof it :D)

None.

May 8 2013, 3:01 am Ahli Post #809

Quote from shayoko
hora hora :D
i wanted to ask what spell to hit means? as certain if not all spells have it. do you need dexterity increased for spells to be effective?

also is golem a learn able spell? or only in a staff(i had thought it was the same as guardian but i guess not)

also where is the nova spell lol? being like lvl 31-33 and not having its getting a lil depressing am i just that unlucky with the witch or is it catacomes only?(only if you wanna tell otherwise ill woof it :D)
I answered that before already. Content isn't far enough to drop it or level you realistically far enough to make the book appear at Adria, I believe. Well, it might appear in the shop for you on a staff...
Golem is a learnable spell, too...

May 8 2013, 4:07 pm shayoko Post #810

i see makes me wonder if this other guy hacked then.a week after the NA version was re released and i couldn't use my old banks anymore this guy had a lvl 50 mage(should be impossible unless he played for a entire week without going to work pretty much :/)
of course there was another person with a lvl 25-26 mage that said he had nova so i was wondering how i did not which is why i asked :3.
also sorry if it had been asked already i only have so much patience reading thru pages and pages of info.

None.

May 8 2013, 7:02 pm sakuckoinvius Post #811

Quote from shayoko
i see makes me wonder if this other guy hacked then.a week after the NA version was re released and i couldn't use my old banks anymore this guy had a lvl 50 mage(should be impossible unless he played for a entire week without going to work pretty much :/)
of course there was another person with a lvl 25-26 mage that said he had nova so i was wondering how i did not which is why i asked :3.
also sorry if it had been asked already i only have so much patience reading thru pages and pages of info.

Ahli mentionned earlier that "hacking" as in changing your current stats and so is possible.

For your information, Blizzard doesn't seems to be good at catching hackers anymore (probly just like the rest, they fail since 2008).
Althought, I always take the time to report hackers hoping for the best... I wish it cost them another game to hack more... but since it's blizzard, I cannot be sure...

For what I do remember that Ahli said earlier in this forum, Golem can be bought at lvl 34, same for nova. The only spell that is unreachable so far it Teleport (If i do remember correctly) that require lvl 42. Since It took me 10 games to get from lvl 30 to 31 and that including 1 hour every game farming cave lvl 4, i'd say it start being no-life to reach lvl 34 :P

None.

May 8 2013, 7:36 pm Ahli Post #812

Btw, do you have a replay with that person?

May 9 2013, 5:25 pm shayoko Post #813

sadly no sorry it was un saved and i went past the limit(15 i think it was)then auto delete ill make sure to save next time i see something like that
-
someone asked if you would make the effect that does damage to attacker work when you block with a shield(apparently it doesn't)

None.

May 9 2013, 8:24 pm Ahli Post #814

Quote from shayoko
someone asked if you would make the effect that does damage to attacker work when you block with a shield(apparently it doesn't)
oh, good idea

edit:

Updated to version 0.406.

I only fixed the few bugs. I concentrated on temple siege 2, interfaces, gameheart and learning.
Maybe the delay is slightly slower now, if you click. The mapmaker bounty, known from forst hunt, photon discs, gnolls vs trolls, found a phenomenon that preplaced units have a smaller delay when ordered than units created with triggers. But I have no real technical explanation for that, but I try that now anyways.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 11 2013, 12:57 am by Ahli.

May 12 2013, 3:07 pm shayoko Post #815

tried the inspect feature pretty cool
tho it doesn't show the correct pictures for the gear they have equipped it does have the correct Names and affixes.

love the map :D >currently lvl 32 mage with 359 magic<
lvl wise i think im at ma limit lol would have to fully do the caves at least 30-35+ times fully b4 id gain another lvl tho i badly want those 5 points :3

None.

May 25 2013, 12:22 am shayoko Post #816

ive been told by a friend that the flawless diamond jewel doe not effect his stats at all.
i don't have the ability to screen shot that sorry

None.

May 25 2013, 9:34 pm Ahli Post #817

Quote from shayoko
ive been told by a friend that the flawless diamond jewel doe not effect his stats at all.
i don't have the ability to screen shot that sorry
I will check that later. I don't need a screenshot to check if a gem does not work properly. Thanks for the report.

edit:
Yes, diamond sockets in weapon slots don't grant a bonus.

edit:
According to some reviews, there seems to be a bug that keeps the screen black after entering the game. They can see the minimap and the menues, but the rest is black. If you have that problem, please send me the replay unless I find the problem in near future.

edit:

I just noticed that the diamond's weapon damage bonus is working properly and I just updated the map. :< Gonna revert that change because it's applying its damage twice.
So, which effect didn't work with diamonds? In which item type was the diamond equipped?

edit:
Ok, it's the chance to hit and physical damage of the flawless diamond that isn't working. Will be fixed with next update... probably later tonight...

edit:

Updated map to version 0.408
Quote from 0.408 patchlog
BUG FIXES
- I might have fixed the bug that kept the screen black. But I need a replay/screenshot of the problem to better fix it.
If this problem still exists, please send me a replay or a screenshot at www.staredit.net. So, if you cannot play properly
within the map itself, try to contact me.
- fixed Flawless Diamonds not granting its chance to hit or physical damage bonus
- last row in the belt now states its hotkey inside the tooltip
- fixed spelling errors in the tooltip's description text of some oils
- fixed a bug with loading heroes, if all 4 players save a lot of units with the same class
- the minimap picture won't display anymore

CHANGES
- blocking an attack now deals damage to the attacker, too
- added tooltips to the class buttons in the "create new hero" screen including a small description and a few tips for each class
- new Warriors now start with an equipped Club instead of the Short Sword as the club is better versus the undead in the first levels
- every class now starts with 1 more potion
- new Sorcerers now start with their learned spell selected on the right mouse button.
Also, the spell hotkeys Q and W are now set to the learned Charge Bolt spell and the starting staff's Fire Bolt spell for new Sorcerers.
- added tooltip to the ping on the minimap marking the entrance to the first dungeon

edit:
NPC's items aren't displayed/created for some reason... will fix that and update again...

edit:
updated with that problem fixed...

edit:

It seems that the black screen problem still occurs. If you experience it, please save the replay and give it to me. Then I have a chance to find the problem. Thanks in advance.

Post has been edited 8 time(s), last time on May 27 2013, 4:19 am by Ahli.

May 27 2013, 5:24 am Coldoldgold Post #818

A new bug has appeared since the last patch. Sometimes if i place an item in my inventory, it disappears. I can still select it, move it around, even equip it and sell it to shop and rebuy it. However, as soon as i leave the game, the item is gone for good. Please look into this.

Attachments:

None.

May 27 2013, 10:05 am Ahli Post #819

Ok, replays are a bit screwed up. At least the players don't appear in the list of the players that can be observed... only everyone. -.-
But I can take command.

Quote from Coldoldgold
A new bug has appeared since the last patch. Sometimes if i place an item in my inventory, it disappears. I can still select it, move it around, even equip it and sell it to shop and rebuy it. However, as soon as i leave the game, the item is gone for good. Please look into this.
Do you remember where you placed that amulet? You picked it up out of your stash and then you tried to do something and it disappeared. That's where it goes wrong the first time screwing up the other things...
I used take command when you picked it up before it bugged, but I wasn't able to recreate the bug with that. =/

edit:
ok, I found a scenario where it bugs for me during tests... yay. But it's just the item appearing as a green button (no pic, no tooltip, no colored button) :)
Ok, a sword disappears for me, too... the items are there, but they aren't drawn properly for some reason...

hmm, the problem exists for every item that is in the stash when loaded... Also, if you drop the item, it is not visible...

edit:
Ok, it's caused by the preplaced hero unit usage that I added. It seems to fail to recognize items as items. I fixed it.

edit:
Updated map to version 0.409

edit:
Updated map to version 0.410
Quote from v.0.410 patchlog
BUG FIXES
- fixed black screen image bug
- fixed a bug that erased the values in the first player's char window when another player toggled his char screen
- fixed a bug causing the hero not always targeting the highlighted unit during shift-holding melee attack mode, if the highlighted unit is within range

CHANGES
- added PvP area accessible via talking to Farnham
PvP is not considered balanced at all, it's just for fun and experimentation
PvP rules:
- no potion/scroll usage (use them before)
- death has no gold penalty
- items don't loose durability
- no town portal castable within it
- every player is hostile to every other player in that area

edit:
Updated map to version 0.411
Quote from v.0.411 patchlog
BUG FIXES
- fixed the stun model allowing you to select/highlight heroes outside the pvp area
- fixed Grisworld's speech and text if you collect the item reward after another player delivered the anvil
- fixed Anvil of Fury's pickup speech to be hearable globally on the map
- fixed Farnham's Cellar level not being unloaded if not used for a while
- fixed 2 bugs in the mouse UI that could create lag due to triggger error
- fixed a bug that prevented Zhar the Mad from spawning because the dungeon failed to place library themed rooms
- fixed a problem that Catacombs levels could have too little shrines and libraries spawned if it didn't spawn enough inner rooms
- fixed most buffs not being paused within PvP area (Farnham's Cellar)
- fixed Winged Fiends appearing like flying inside the ground instead of flying above the ground

CHANGES
- altered the dungeon loading/unloading speed

edit:
Updated map to version 0.413
Quote from v.0.412+0.413 patchlog
CHANGES
- added another quest in catacombs
- added a spell that can only be received from an item

-----------------------

BUG FIXES
- fixed a bug with the recently added quest

CHANGES
- fixed the item spawning and quest competition of the recently added quest

edit:

news:
- I'm making great progress with chamber of bones. So, I hope that I will release it soon. Could be that I finish it tomorrow... :D

edit:

There seems to be a bug with spells on the mouse being reset whenever your final hero stats are recalculated. I will investigate this later. I will fix it for the next update.

Post has been edited 12 time(s), last time on Jun 1 2013, 3:08 am by Ahli.

Jun 1 2013, 11:24 pm Ahli Post #820

Updated map to version 0.414
Quote from 0.414 patchlog
BUG FIXES
- fixed selection circle of levers floating in the air
- fixed a problem with spawned barrels being able to completly block off areas in the dungeon
- fixed a bug with mouse skills being reset everytime the hero stats are recalculated

CHANGES
- added the last missing quest for catacombs

Options
Pages: < 1 « 39 40 41 42 4354 >
  Back to forum