Staredit Network > Forums > Lite Discussion > Topic: Collapse of All Governments
Collapse of All Governments
Jan 12 2011, 3:20 am
By: rayNimagi  

Jan 13 2011, 7:56 pm Centreri Post #21

Relatively ancient and inactive

I think everyone else is just assuming the worst.

And cardinal, those trumpeteers are idiots.

None.

Jan 13 2011, 8:00 pm Rantent Post #22

IF Zombies: Hide in Tree.
IF Robots: Hide in a magnet.
IF Nukes: Raid the Liquor Cabinet.

None.

Jan 13 2011, 8:13 pm Fire_Kame Post #23

wth is starcraft

Quote from Rantent
IF Zombies: Hide in Tree.
IF Robots: Hide in a magnet.
IF Nukes: Raid the Liquor Cabinet.

I was going to say that if Nukes you should be in the basement, but you probably spend all your time there anyways OH SNAP.

Here's what I've decided. If the government entirely falls apart, Wyoming will join Co because Denver is a major hub, and Wyoming has the oilz. New Mexico and AZ will tack themselves on like little leaches. The East coast will probably separate up (I foresee Buffalo leaving NY for some reason, probably because its pretty), but for the most part they will stick together as the original colonies. DC will disband and be absorbed by the surrounding states as their main hub. Fuck California and Texas, they're on their own. Well maybe we'll get Texas for the oils. FL is about to die out anyways so MEH, but I think most of the southern states would choose to be on their own. Some with the west coast. Here's hoping California will attack Nevada and fail.

I don't know about the rest of the world. I kinda think the EU will mostly disband, with the stronger countries like Germany giving Greece and similar latch ons the bird. Russia would probably turn back to a communist state at the drop of a tack and some of the surrounding countries may choose to go with them, South Korea may be able to liberate North Korea. China probably won't change that much, and Africa will probably not see any difference than what they're already facing so will be indifferent. Canada I expect to do something similar to the states - to split and reform alliances with Providences. I have no idea about South America. I doubt Japan will change much, same with Singapore. The middle east will probably destabilize, but since its already not that stable its not a big deal. Australia? No fucking clue.

In short with time political institutions will be resurrected maybe with different territories.

Jan 13 2011, 8:45 pm JaFF Post #24

Why hypothesize over what will happen if we have historical examples such as New Orleans?

I would do the sensible thing and raid my girlfriend's house first. :awesome: Survival equipment later.

None.

Jan 13 2011, 8:48 pm Fire_Kame Post #25

wth is starcraft

New Orleans was a pit of corruption on all levels of society. I would like to think that other cities/countries would react differently.

Like, the Yakuza mobilized faster than the police and freed more people from the rubble of an earthquake. They also distributed blankets and survival gear before the police could.

Jan 16 2011, 4:03 am ClansAreForGays Post #26

Quote from DavidJCobb
Logic also helps. Evil can inflict damage and traumas that cannot be undone. The effects of good can be undone. That alone makes evil the inherently stronger force.
That's clever. I'll be using this.

Options
  Back to forum