Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Make supply limit over 200 ?
Make supply limit over 200 ?
Jan 4 2011, 11:43 am
By: Ashura  

Jan 4 2011, 11:43 am Ashura Post #1

Ok I have a several questions.

1. Is it possible to make the supply limit (which is normally limit at 200) higher than 200 ? I have seen this in Diplo InFi where you can make supply limit up to about 800 ! And this is very useful for Diplo map cause limiting unit is the main problem for Diplo.

2. What is the Set doodad state use for ?

3. Why does Diplo InFi crash on Mac ?

None.

Jan 4 2011, 11:45 am Brady Post #2

1. I have seen this as well, but I just never tried it, so I don't know

2. It's used for openning and closing doors, but it can also be used for disable terran and protoss buildings, making protoss operate without pylons, and cloak terran buildings.

3. No idea.

EDIT: The set doodad state cloak only works on the barracks, bunker, and supply depot. There is a way to cloak a unit by using this, but I haven't figured it out. Disabling buildings, of course, makes them unusable.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 4 2011, 12:01 pm by Brady.

None.

Jan 4 2011, 3:20 pm rockz Post #3

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Here's a map which has extended supply in it. They are player 100+ buildings and/or units. Each unit/building adds a certain number to supply (the only number I remember offhand is BCs add 600). The player number determines which player gets the benefit, and what is affected (max supply, current supply, used supply).
http://www.staredit.net/files/609/
So our search functions are pretty miserable right now in that if you don't know what to search for in the forums you can't find anything, and even if you did, it would link you to a broken wiki page.

The wiki page still exists (extending supply or something like that), but not on the new wiki. It's in the old wiki (staredit.net/?p=oldwiki or oldwiki2).

Maps which use buffer overflows (like placing units for players 13+) can cause strange things to happen. Sometimes the WRONG thing happens, and you get starcraft data which is not identical on the mac and pc version. Then the game will desynchronize, having all the macs in the same game and the pc users in a different game. EUD triggers can also do this unless you specifically trigger for mac players.

http://www.staredit.net/starcraft/Set_Doodad_State

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 4 2011, 3:26 pm by rockz.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Jan 4 2011, 4:04 pm Ahli Post #4

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

I can't find anything about it in our wiki leftovers... It's a shame to see the stuff lost...

What I found with google:
Fartybillion made a calculator for the player needed in the process
Players above 255 aren't possible.

Short explanation of Supply:
Every Player has 3 values: used Supply, supply available and the supply limit:
-used Supply = Units use supply and you can raise the lower border (e.g. setting the supply display to 50/8 without a unit).
-available = like depots give you supply, too (e.g. setting the default available supply from 0 to 50 resulting to a 0/50 supply display without units)
-supply limit = upper border of the available supply. It's set to 200 be default. You can only raise it. For 100 supply games you would need to raise used and available Supply.

Here is some Tutorial which was originated on Maplantis (SEN merged with Maplantis).
Collapse Box

General tip:
Use Terran Buildings like the Starport (gives 100) and place them with 0% life. Then they will burn down after map start clearing up the space.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 4 2011, 4:12 pm by Ahli.

Jan 4 2011, 6:56 pm NudeRaider Post #5

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

To clarify the process of extending supply:
You preplace an extended unit (= player number > 12) which causes a buffer overflow which in turn alters the supply readings in sc.

The player number and the type (unit or building) decides which type of supply (Available/Limit/Used and Zerg/Terran/Protoss) of which player it affects.
E.g. A unit for player 157 adds to player 1's Zerg Available and so does a building for player 73. (2nd list)

The unit/building itself (Marine, Ghost, Barracks, etc.) decides the amount of supply that is added. (You can't subtract)
E.g. A Terran Marine adds 25 supply. (first list)

==> When you preplace a Marine for P157 it will add 25 to P1's Zerg supply Available counter.

In SC the supply is displayed in the upper right as Used/Available (e.g. 4/10 when you start with 4 workers and a Nexus). The supply cannot go higher than the Limit. (200/200 by default). So generally it's the Limit and/or the Available you want to change.

Fartys tool is an easy way to find out the correct player number, then you just have to go through the unit/building list (1st list) and decide which you choose.
The neat thing about the whole process is that this unit only has to be present at map start. If you kill it afterwards the extended supply will still be active! That's why Terran buildings with low HP work so well: They die right after map start.

Finally keep in mind that if you choose to place a unit (not a building) you can't access all supply variables because for some you would need a player number greater than 255 which isn't possible. So in that case you could only place a building.

When maps only crash Mac users it's likely because the map used EUDs. Those directly read sc's memory and the memory banks are different on Macs so in some cases it just doesn't work and in some cases it even causes crashes.

Set doodad state has a number of uses (check rockz' link). Its intended use, however, is to open and close doors (doodads of the installation tileset).

Aug 28 2017, 2:25 am OutCast Post #6

broken in remastered :(

None.

Aug 28 2017, 3:35 pm NudeRaider Post #7

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

As most, if not all things that relied on buffer overflows.

Options
  Back to forum