Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Contests > Topic: 2011 Year Long RPG Challenge
2011 Year Long RPG Challenge
Dec 30 2010, 5:03 am
By: lil-Inferno
Pages: < 1 « 11 12 13 14 1521 >

Sep 16 2011, 11:36 pm Dem0n Post #241

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

I think RPGs should stay mod-free. They're one of the hardest types of games to create in starcraft, and it's kind of lame to "cheat" it with mods. I mean, yeah, an RPG with a mod would look amazing, but it's more fun using the unique systems that mappers have thought up and implemented into their maps.

Sep 17 2011, 1:02 am DevliN Post #242

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from name:Azrael.Wrath
I believe that was discussed pertaining to the week-long contests, where the maps have to be playable without a mod because mods aren't allowed, and thus the judges will not play your map using any mods whatsoever.

In a contest like this where the rules permit modding, I would assume all judges would be required to use a mod provided with the map.
I think the same rule was in both (as in the exact same line, verbatim) until the recent clarification that led to Dem0n's contest, so I figured it would apply to both. :/

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Sep 17 2011, 2:00 am Azrael Post #243

Quote from DevliN
I think the same rule was in both (as in the exact same line, verbatim)

Nope :D The rules for week-long contests have always explicitly stated that mod supplements are not allowed.

Oct 10 2011, 1:33 am xAngelSpiritx Post #244

eternal lurker

Stirring The Ashes (my submission) is basically dead at this point; too much ambition has finally caught up with me and I've come to the conclusion that I simply cannot get it done by the deadline. There is just too much work to be done, and at this point I would rather simply cut my losses.

I'm not quitting this contest though; I signed up, so I'll damn well see it through.

I would like to rename my submission to "The Twilight Throne".

None.

Oct 10 2011, 1:57 am Dem0n Post #245

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

I'm going to try my hardest to actually do this. It's not going to be anything like The Tenebrous (in reality, it'll probably be a super short RPG with only a few quests), but I'll try to finish it by the end of the year. ;o

Nov 21 2011, 6:12 am payne Post #246

:payne:

I am searching for someone to work with me on my Yggdrasill RPG project as a triggerer.
Anyone interested?
The terrain is already pretty much completed, same for the storyline. All I need is a serious, motivated and experienced triggerer.

None.

Nov 21 2011, 3:56 pm Raitaki Post #247

Almost forgot. The laptop with SC1 and mah maps on it was recently stolen, so I withdraw :flamer:

None.

Nov 21 2011, 3:58 pm payne Post #248

Quote from Raitaki
Almost forgot. The laptop with SC1 and mah maps on it was recently stolen, so I withdraw :flamer:
Why do people fail so much at having an external copy of their shit? -.-
... heck, you could even use SEN's DLDB.

None.

Nov 21 2011, 4:02 pm samsizzle Post #249

Quote from payne
I am searching for someone to work with me on my Yggdrasill RPG project as a triggerer.
Anyone interested?
The terrain is already pretty much completed, same for the storyline. All I need is a serious, motivated and experienced triggerer.
So basically you want someone to finish your map for you... ya schmuck.

None.

Nov 21 2011, 4:24 pm payne Post #250

Quote from samsizzle
Quote from payne
Anyone interested?
So basically you want someone to finish your map for you... ya schmuck.
Of course: it's awesome and will easily win this contest. :awesome:
For people that do not like anything else but triggering, this is a great opportunity. ;)

None.

Nov 21 2011, 4:41 pm Dem0n Post #251

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Maps must be made within the contest time period broski. Yggdrasill is from like 3 years ago. D;

Nov 21 2011, 5:00 pm Sand Wraith Post #252

she/her

Broski, contest rules state that as log as the majority of the work is done in 2011, it's fine, broski. Broski.

Broskibroskibroskibroskibroskibroskibroskibroskibroskibroskibroskibroskibroski

Nov 22 2011, 8:38 pm Pr0nogo Post #253

You're all Canadians, aren't you.

Nov 22 2011, 9:51 pm payne Post #254

Enter me and LoveLess, working on "Yggdrasill: Tree of Genesis".

None.

Nov 23 2011, 3:13 am Dem0n Post #255

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote from payne
:massimo:

I shouldn't even bother trying anymore.

Nov 23 2011, 8:08 pm samsizzle Post #256

Quote from name:Dem0nS1ayer
Quote from payne

pfftt. don't be such a chump

None.

Nov 23 2011, 9:58 pm payne Post #257

Quote from samsizzle
Quote from payne

pfftt. don't be such a chump
Don't forget you showed me your map, triggers, and concepts!
/copy mode activated.

:sly:

None.

Nov 23 2011, 11:48 pm samsizzle Post #258

Quote from payne
Don't forget you showed me your map, triggers, and concepts!
/copy mode activated.

:sly:
like you understood any of my super advanced awesome triggering methods.

None.

Nov 24 2011, 4:00 pm lil-Inferno Post #259

Just here for the pie

I'm going to try my hardest to actually do this. It's not going to be anything like The Tenebrous (in reality, it'll probably be a super short RPG with only a few quests), but I'll try to finish it by the end of the year. ;o
NOPE, SKYRIM.

Quote from payne
I'm going to assume this means LoveLess' original submission, "Wanderer", is voided then.

Nov 24 2011, 6:15 pm payne Post #260

Quote from lil-Inferno
NOPE, SKYRIM.

Quote from payne
I'm going to assume this means LoveLess' original submission, "Wanderer", is voided then.
:O

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 11 12 13 14 1521 >
  Back to forum