Staredit Network > Forums > Introductions > Topic: Greetings, StarEdit Network
Greetings, StarEdit Network
Dec 19 2010, 7:56 am
By: M-RP)Dreamscape  

Dec 19 2010, 7:56 am M-RP)Dreamscape Post #1

Hello StarEdit Network. I am Blur, a fellow player of StarCraft, and StarCraft Two. As well as many other Blizzard games.
In order to fulfill the dream of my past, I am a StarCraft Mapper. I've made a lot of unfinished projects, and, when I was in hopes of finishing them I lost my entire computer. All that remains is my unused hard drive, which, it will be quite a while before I get around to bringing my things back. For now though, I'm ready for the fresh start of making new maps and getting new ideas. I am fairly good at using the editor as, one day, I basically woke up and somehow knew how to use it skillfully even though I ignored practicing for several years. Guess it just happens, eh?

I used to be looking into WarCraft 3 Mapping, but, I quickly got bored with it because I found StarCraft to be the only game where you could really use your imagination with the units. When it's 2D, and you say a Hydralisk is a Hobo with a semi-auto, and then you try to say that in SCII, it's just a lot different. Can't you agree?

I am also a Roleplayer, veteran of eight years - and counting. When we hit 2011, it'll be nine. I took notice that Roleplaying has died out on SC, or I'm just not seeing the games myself anymore. I have a lot of memories in that, for sure. If there are any fellow roleplayers here, please let me know if it is still around. I've seen the new Cortex Roleplay on Starcraft II, and, for some reason just recently it's died. The worst map of the series is the most popular; Broken and dying again? I hope not. I look forward to the possibilities of roleplaying in Starcraft II, as I've already enjoyed a few roleplays.

As far as other games go, I also love BattleCraft even though the Starcraft II version is a bit annoying. Phantom is now much, much funner, but I wish it was fully random like before. I swear to you that, if you're the first person to ask for 'Paladin', you get the spot. Because it's happened to me, a LOT. I wish it was just full random, unless I'm too blind to see an option for it. Most people go for the good spots though, unfortunately. Reminds me of the good ol' days, when people would ruin the game with hacks, even though I used them as well *Coughcough*.

For the ranked gaming and melee, I enjoy Starcraft II more, however I need to get in shape as right now I am decent thanks to phantom games and the SCII beta, however I am horrible when it comes to actually playing right. Cause, still my fault, I usually get kicked off in the middle of the game for something stupid like chores, or, I basically get ownt by rushers or some other thing. So I need to look into studying that a bit more, finding a decent strategy and just moving forward in it though. I found it funny I won four out of five of the pre-placement matches with marine rushes.

For other things besides gaming, my favorite songs are 'The Script - The Man Who Can't Be Moved', 'Am60 - Just a Dream', 'Breaking Benjamin - Until the End', 'Avenged Sevenfold - Afterlife', and 'Zebrahead - Be Careful What You Wish For'.

As well as others I can't remember.^

I enjoy gaming, philosophy, roleplaying, and music.

I dislike school cause it doesn't help me(Literally), and, well, other things.

Well, that's me, or at least everything I can remember to put for now. Again, Hello StarEdit Network! Blur is here.

Oh, one more thing I nearly forgot. Favorite SC1 Unit: Wraith (Cause it owns EVERYTHING.) Favorite SC2 Unit: Immortal (Just cuz'.)

None.

Dec 19 2010, 1:13 pm payne Post #2

:payne:

When it's 2D, and you say a Hydralisk is a Hobo with a semi-auto, and then you try to say that in SCII, it's just a lot different. Can't you agree?
lol so true; I came to think about this quite a few times when playing customs in sc2, in fact.
my favorite songs are 'The Script - The Man Who Can't Be Moved', 'Am60 - Just a Dream', 'Breaking Benjamin - Until the End', 'Avenged Sevenfold - Afterlife', and 'Zebrahead - Be Careful What You Wish For
I know exactly 0 of these songs.
Favorite SC1 Unit: Wraith (Cause it owns EVERYTHING.) Favorite SC2 Unit: Immortal (Just cuz'.)
Science Vessel or DA just rape your ass. >:D
Also, Blinking Stalkers > All.

None.

Dec 19 2010, 1:32 pm IskatuMesk Post #3

Lord of the Locker Room

stalkers suck especially against anything that can fight back like MUSTACHES AHAAHAHA WHAT YOU GONNA DO NAO BRO

I know exactly 0 of these songs.

u n me both bro

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Dec 19 2010, 3:22 pm Symmetry Post #4

Dungeon Master

Quite the introduction. Welcome to SEN and enjoy the kiwis.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Dec 19 2010, 3:37 pm MadZombie Post #5

I know 4/5 of those bands. I am superior to anyone who knows less. :kisswink:

As far as other games go, I also love BattleCraft

I love you

edit: also your avatar looks familiar. Where is it from?

None.

Dec 19 2010, 3:40 pm M-RP)Dreamscape Post #6

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

@Symmetry - I shall enjoy those kiwis.

@MadZombie - Dunno. I ripped my avatar from google search, and then compressed the hell out of it to make it fit our ridiculous avatar sizes. I liked the clock. Lol.

None.

Dec 19 2010, 7:44 pm Fire_Kame Post #7

wth is starcraft

Welcome to SEN. Can I interest you in a :kame:? How about a :voy:

Dec 19 2010, 8:28 pm Vrael Post #8

Quick, run! Run for your life, before Kame gets to you! Go, quick-- AAAHHHHHHRRRRGRGGGGGGGGG SHE GOT ME! SAVE YOURSELF!

/me explodes

None.

Dec 19 2010, 9:38 pm Fire_Kame Post #9

wth is starcraft

Mmm breakfast. *collects pieces of Vrael*

Does someone mind starting the water?

Dec 20 2010, 12:16 am payne Post #10

Quote from Fire_Kame

I shall revive and save he who helped me, the Wise One, to complete my Final Math Project.

None.

Dec 20 2010, 12:45 am DavidJCobb Post #11

Welcome to SEN. I'm DavidJCobb, the site's semi-active client-side coder.

If you ever need to check our StarCraft 1 documentation, you'll find that we've moved most of it to a new wiki (which isn't linked to in the site menus yet). Some articles still need to be moved, but I think most of our StarCraft 1 knowledge is on the new wiki in one form or another.

If you notice any odd bugs around the site, please post in our Bugs/Features topic, and we'll look into them.

None.

Dec 20 2010, 8:30 pm Fire_Kame Post #12

wth is starcraft

Quote from payne
Quote from Fire_Kame

I shall revive and save he who helped me, the Wise One, to complete my Final Math Project.
Really, Payne? Do your own homework for once. >.> I've never seen someone gravel so often for help and receive it every time.

Dec 20 2010, 10:03 pm payne Post #13

Quote from Fire_Kame
Quote from payne
Quote from Fire_Kame

Really, Payne? Do your own homework for once. >.> I've never seen someone gravel so often for help and receive it every time.
1) I hate homeworks. Like... H-a-t-e.
2) Vrael mostly helped me understanding the basic concepts I had to develop upon later on. It's really not as if he had done the whole thing for me.
3) What's the problem with people wanting to help me? :/ And maybe is it because I'm proposing interesting problems (no idea)?

</took this too seriously>

None.

Dec 21 2010, 3:31 pm Excalibur Post #14

The sword and the faith

Greetings fellow RPer. I am Excalibur, also known as D[ark]7 in the RP circuit. Laura and I have worked together extensively and I do hope you've seen and enjoyed some of our contributions.

Welcome to SEN.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Dec 24 2010, 1:56 am LoveLess Post #15

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Welcome. I am the under-appreciated side of the site. I just make ideas and find cool stuff, spread them throughout the community. One of the few Open Source mappers still around.

None.

Dec 24 2010, 2:13 am payne Post #16

Quote from LoveLess
One of the few Open Source mappers still around.
:high5:

None.

Jan 2 2011, 5:23 am Generalpie Post #17

Staredit Puckwork

Quote from DavidJCobb
Welcome to SEN. I'm DavidJCobb, the site's semi-active client-side coder.

If you ever need to check our StarCraft 1 documentation, you'll find that we've moved most of it to a new wiki (which isn't linked to in the site menus yet). Some articles still need to be moved, but I think most of our StarCraft 1 knowledge is on the new wiki in one form or another.

If you notice any odd bugs around the site, please post in our Bugs/Features topic, and we'll look into them.
No macabre post?

None.

Jan 25 2011, 3:33 am Corbo Post #18

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Welcome to SEN.

fuck you all

Options
  Back to forum