Staredit Network > Forums > Media, Art, and Literature > Topic: Best Program to Compose Music?
Best Program to Compose Music?
Dec 14 2010, 8:17 am
By: payne  

Dec 17 2010, 3:08 am payne Post #21

:payne:

I don't understand... D:
All these samples files I listen at... how to know if they will let me choose to play the notes I want the way I want or be fucking crappy loops I don't want (me dun want any loop >:O)?

None.

Dec 17 2010, 3:47 am IskatuMesk Post #22

Lord of the Locker Room

You can't become a composer without selling your body or donning an eyepatch and peg leg. Best to have a good undead Parrot, too, because actually finding stuff to pirate in terms of soundfonts is extremely difficult.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Dec 17 2010, 3:49 am payne Post #23

Quote from IskatuMesk
You can't become a composer without selling your body or donning an eyepatch and peg leg. Best to have a good undead Parrot, too, because actually finding stuff to pirate in terms of soundfonts is extremely difficult.
Well, I've already found pretty huge packs of sounds; only problem is that I don't want to download 6Gb worth of sound files without being sure this is what I want and if it'll work on FL Studio 9. :/

None.

Dec 17 2010, 6:04 am IskatuMesk Post #24

Lord of the Locker Room

Last I heard of FL studio (in 2002) it was exclusively for mixing loops onto of other loops and I didn't really care for that prospect. Is it any better now?

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Dec 17 2010, 6:19 am payne Post #25

Quote from IskatuMesk
Last I heard of FL studio (in 2002) it was exclusively for mixing loops onto of other loops and I didn't really care for that prospect. Is it any better now?
Now it has something called "Piano Roll" which basically lets you compose pretty much anything: you choose the notes and how low they last, and you can put effect on every note individually, and select the proper instrument for the notes.

None.

Dec 19 2010, 1:31 pm IskatuMesk Post #26

Lord of the Locker Room

Can it load .gig files?

Dec 20 2010, 1:18 am FatalException Post #27

And can you write parts using actual music notation? I've been using Finale Notepad 2008, and I'm not a fan of the quality of the exported midis.

None.

Dec 20 2010, 2:19 am payne Post #28

Quote from FatalException
And can you write parts using actual music notation? I've been using Finale Notepad 2008, and I'm not a fan of the quality of the exported midis.
Nope, not as I know yet.

None.

Dec 20 2010, 6:12 am DT_Battlekruser Post #29

It really goes back to what IskatuMesk said. I use Sibelius and am quite satisfied with it (Sibelius uses Garritan Personal Orchestra for playback), but it isn't cheap if purchased at retail.

None.

Dec 20 2010, 8:44 pm Fire_Kame Post #30

wth is starcraft

The exact opposite of what someone just said about Finale. :( Sad day. I was hoping the quality improved.

Options
  Back to forum