Staredit Network > Forums > Lite Discussion > Topic: [SOLVED] Economy Project - Australia
[SOLVED] Economy Project - Australia
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Dec 9 2010, 6:37 am
By: payne  

Dec 9 2010, 6:37 am payne Post #1

:payne:

I have to gather a good 10 pages of informations in regards to Australia's economy. I have to analyze anything relevant and conclude if it'd be a good choice of investment for some random company wanting to invest.
Informations I am searching for are mostly stuff like "GDP", "Inflation", "Public Debt", "Unemployment", "Interest Rate", "Commercial Balance", "Exportations/Importations versus GDP", etc. Graphics for values on a large amount of years would be the best.

... Where should I look at? I've tried Australia Government's website, yet it looks like anything I find there is irrelevant. D:
... Is this a good replacement for the Gov's site?
... Any website to recommend me?

Thank you very much. :)

EDIT: I'm done. Missing 700 words, but I don't care: I already have a very good grade. >_>
http://www.mediafire.com/?px1abzq9de590up

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 14 2010, 8:15 am by payne.

None.

Dec 9 2010, 7:32 am DT_Battlekruser Post #2

The CIA Factbook has more or less any statistical information you could possibly wish for.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/as.html

None.

Dec 9 2010, 11:24 am Fire_Kame Post #3

wth is starcraft

:awesome: insert remark of amusement here.

Also if you can look at the WSJ. I find their investment info to be very complete.

I know the US documents import/export info pretty thoroghly but that would only give you part of the picture.

Is this due today or do you have time?

Dec 9 2010, 5:31 pm poison_us Post #4

Back* from the grave

Quote from DT_Battlekruser
The CIA Factbook has more or less any statistical information you could possibly wish for.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/as.html
I hate you, I was going to suggest this.

Dec 9 2010, 6:03 pm Fire_Kame Post #5

wth is starcraft

Did you even try?

Dec 9 2010, 6:55 pm payne Post #6

It's due for Tuesday. :)
Probably first time I take myself that much in advance, but I had to: friday: I work, saturday: map night, sunday: I work, monday: math project, tuesday: economy project, wednesday: study for math exam, thursday: math exam. The new few days are going to be hell. T_T
And was is "WSJ" ?
And thanks for that CIA website: I would've never expected to find economy informations on that. :/

None.

Dec 9 2010, 7:51 pm poison_us Post #7

Back* from the grave

WSJ = Wall Street Journal.

Dec 9 2010, 7:52 pm Fire_Kame Post #8

wth is starcraft

Wall Street Journal. Wsj.com

I like that your priorities include mapnight. :awesome: Upper division is going to eat you alive.

Dec 9 2010, 8:33 pm payne Post #9

WSJ is fucking cluttered. D:

None.

Dec 9 2010, 9:19 pm Fire_Kame Post #10

wth is starcraft

Or maybe you just don't see the significance in all the parts.

Dec 9 2010, 10:10 pm Centreri Post #11

Relatively ancient and inactive

Economy of Australia? :massimo:

What a boring country to write about. What, was the choice between that and Liechtenstein?

Anyway, I'd also read up on it on wikipedia and use the references for citations. Write about the level of education, immigration, demographics, and other parts that can reflect a country's potential to grow.

None.

Dec 9 2010, 10:29 pm payne Post #12

Quote from Centreri
What a boring country to write about. What, was the choice between that and Liechtenstein?
We could choose any country in the world except the one we studied in class. I chose Australia because I knew it'd be easy, look a lot like what we've seen in class, and the information would probably be easy to get as well. :awesome:

None.

Dec 9 2010, 11:50 pm Centreri Post #13

New idea: Write about law enforcement, noting that unlike emerging economies like China, Australia respects intellectual rights.

Also, poor choice.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 9 2010, 11:59 pm by Centreri.

None.

Dec 14 2010, 12:34 am payne Post #14

Table of Contents

TABLE OF CONTENTS 2
INTRODUCTION 3
DEVELOPMENT 4
1. THE INFLUENCE OF THE MACROECONOMIC SITUATION OF AUSTRALIA 4
1.1 Development of GDP 4
1.2 The evolution of inflation 4
1.3 The evolution of unemployment 4
1.4 Comparison International 4
2. THE IMPACT OF A CHANGE IN THE POLITICAL STABILIZATION OF AUSTRALIA 5
2.1 The evolution of interest rates 5
2.2 The debt service 5
2.3 Comparison International 5
3. THE INFLUENCE OF THE EVOLUTION OF INTERNATIONAL TRADE 6
3.1 The existence of tariffs or nontariff barriers 6
3.2 The openness to international trade, the level of imports and exports relative to GDP, trade balance, etc.. 6
3.3 Comparison International 6
4. OPPORTUNITIES AND RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH INTERNATIONAL ECONOMIC FLUCTUATIONS 7
4.1 The fluctuations in the currency of the country chosen by the Canadian dollar 7
4.2 The political and administrative risks 7
CONCLUSION 8
BIBLIOGRAPHY 9
Already 9 pages/10 and I haven't written a single word! :awesome:
Anyways, this was just to inform everyone as of what is the kind of information I'm requiring.

/just started working. Gogo payne!

None.

Dec 14 2010, 1:19 am Centreri Post #15

Good luck. Finals week for me, I'm definitely not going to be working for someone else.

None.

Dec 14 2010, 1:35 am payne Post #16

Quote from Centreri
Good luck. Finals week for me, I'm definitely not going to be working for someone else.
Oh well, seeing how fast I can find informations about this country and how easy it is to interpret everything, and seeing the low minimal number of words to do for this project, it's really going to be an easy one. :)
Thanks for your last 2 other posts, though, they'll help me with the Conclusion part, or maybe Introduction (I'll write these once I'm done with the Development).

Btw, if anyone has other good ideas of things to put in my introduction/conclusion, feel free to share! :awesome:

None.

Dec 14 2010, 8:15 am payne Post #17

http://www.mediafire.com/?px1abzq9de590up

May the study for my math exam on Reversed Laplace Transforms of Thursday start!

None.

Dec 14 2010, 11:29 pm Fire_Kame Post #18

wth is starcraft

Honestly. What makes you think any of us want to look at your homework?

Dec 15 2010, 12:18 am Centreri Post #19

To mock it?

None.

Dec 15 2010, 12:59 am payne Post #20

Quote from Fire_Kame
Honestly. What makes you think any of us want to look at your homework?
Well, my dear, I know at least 4 SEN members downloaded my Math Final Project, so...

None.

Options
  Back to forum