Staredit Network > Forums > GalaxyWiki Project > Topic: GalaxyWiki.net
GalaxyWiki.net
Nov 10 2010, 7:59 pm
By: DevliN
Pages: < 1 « 5 6 7 8 >

Apr 25 2011, 5:32 pm payne Post #121

:payne:

I guess members like to get credits for their individual work. A bit like you've described how you did not want to unlock your map: they created the article. If changes are to be made, people should contact them and they'll do the change. And they get recognition because of their name being plastered on the tutorial. :O

Or it's because they're still seeing it like this: http://www.staredit.net/topic/12804/#269273

None.

Apr 25 2011, 6:47 pm DevliN Post #122

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I don't see what this has to do with wanting credit. They're more concerned with continuing to promote SC2M as a standalone resource than anything. Anyone can edit the SC2M wiki as well, so I really don't get how anything you said applies here.

They want us to add to their wiki, not the other way around.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Apr 25 2011, 7:25 pm payne Post #123

Quote from DevliN
Anyone can edit the SC2M wiki as well, so I really don't get how anything you said applies here.
Oh, didn't know that. :/

None.

Apr 25 2011, 7:48 pm DevliN Post #124

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Yeah, its like an actual wiki, just built in (like our old wiki).

My Overwatch addiction.

Apr 26 2011, 11:34 am Jack Post #125

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Hive has officially joined GalaxyWiki!

Devlin, you'll need to add a hws page to the sidebar. Also, ralle is concerned that the wiki database doesn't have a password, which means anyone hosted on the same server can access it.

Can I be a wiki admin or moderator? Every now and then there's stuff I want to do tthat I can't as a normal member. Also, Ulosethegame says the Create Account link at top right is too dim and it should be brighter so people can see it easier.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 26 2011, 11:49 am by Jack.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Apr 26 2011, 4:17 pm DevliN Post #126

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Added to the sidebar and main page.

I'm the only other person who has access to the server it is hosted on, and I moved GWN to a different ftp login so that I wouldn't access that site through my main login, and conversely so that anyone with GWN's login info can't access my other sites. Other than that, I'm not sure what he means by "doesn't have a password." :/

I can make you a Bureaucrat, though I'd have to set up that rank with access to more than what a member has. What stuff did you want to be able to change? At the very least, I'll give that rank permission to promote users to Member in case I don't do it soon enough.

And I'll be editing the skin in a bit to change the top right links. :)

My Overwatch addiction.

Apr 26 2011, 8:35 pm Jack Post #127

Ah, we assumed there were other sites on the same server.

Editing the main page, making new accounts members, and deleting and renaming pages (if I can't do that already).

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Apr 26 2011, 8:38 pm DevliN Post #128

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

The main page is "protected," which only Admins can modify. I'll see if I can change that.

I gave you the ability to change new accounts to members.

Renaming pages is just a matter of moving them, which you should be able to do.

I think only Admins can delete, but I can look into that.

My Overwatch addiction.

Apr 27 2011, 9:36 am Jack Post #129

I don't seem to be able to move pages. An example being I want to rename this http://www.galaxywiki.net/wiki/Creating_Custom_Terrain_Textures to Custom Terrain Textures. No Move box is located anywhere that I can see.

Red classic.

Apr 27 2011, 4:55 pm DevliN Post #130

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I moved it for now. I think I'll have to change the setting php file to give you that permission, which I can do when I get to work in like 30 mins.

EDIT:
Fixed, you can now move pages. I also turned off the reCaptcha extension since we are manually verifying users, and it was more annoying than anything.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 27 2011, 6:01 pm by DevliN.

My Overwatch addiction.

Apr 28 2011, 7:57 pm DevliN Post #131

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

In checking the site stats, we've already had 1000 hits from The Hive since they started linking. Pretty sweet.

One thing that I don't understand, though, is that we are being linked to from http://sc2modding.info/ which I've never heard of. I checked out the site and saw http://sc2modding.info/wiki_discussion/ though. Is that really you spamming, Jack, or is that a bot?

My Overwatch addiction.

Apr 28 2011, 10:39 pm Jack Post #132

Olol, didn't think that was what moyack meant...

I should explain. A guy called moyack started up a wiki soon after GWN. I approached him and suggested a merger of some sort. He finally got around to saying he was too busy to maintain it, and said that we could take any info we want from it. After a week (maybe 5 days now) he's going to take down the site, so if I don't get started on it it'd be good if one of you did some copypasteing of anything he has that GWN doesn't have.

He also said he would start displaying GWN news on the site. In this case it just spams all the most recent changes ;0

Red classic.

Apr 28 2011, 11:03 pm DevliN Post #133

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Hahahahaha alright, just wanted to make sure. I checked out his wiki and tried to find as much as possible, but it looks like there's nothing really there. The best I've found are trigger examples for stuff we already have.

My Overwatch addiction.

May 4 2011, 8:13 am payne Post #134

http://forums.sc2mapster.com/resources/tutorials/20323-sc2layout-files-override-method-aiurchef-method/#p1

This is something GE is missing. :/
Possible to approach the guy so he agrees with us copying his tutorial?

None.

May 4 2011, 8:21 am DevliN Post #135

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I wish Ahli would just make one for us :P

My Overwatch addiction.

May 11 2011, 5:08 am payne Post #136

Who is this M0rt guy? He's doing awesome work! :O
And is it possible to make the "===" be a bit offset to the right compared to "==", and so on with the smaller levels? It'd make it even more visual than only being based on colors (not to say that the difference is relatively small).

None.

May 11 2011, 5:50 am DevliN Post #137

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

M0rt is from Hive Workshop.

I already added an indent to all the ==, ===, ====, and ===== headings. I'm going to just redesign them slightly so the lowest levels are just bolded text rather than bars. =, ==, and === will probably still be bars when I'm done.

My Overwatch addiction.

May 11 2011, 3:45 pm Ahli Post #138

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from DevliN
I wish Ahli would just make one for us :P
I'm to busy to write tutorials. :(
I don't fully understand that stuff neither and Helral is the one who researched most with the layout files.
Since he registered here, you could ask him?
Also, he is updating his tutorial frequently afaIk.

Aug 5 2012, 10:35 am Jack Post #139

The wiki could do with a cleanup again, and another way of verifying humans. Like a question such as 'What is the name of the company which made StarCraft II?'

Red classic.

Aug 6 2012, 2:42 am MadZombie Post #140

Is the wiki updated for the latest editor version? Maybe I'm just really bad at this but when I tried to look up information on how to make a timer I went to this page:
http://www.galaxywiki.net/Timers

I could follow it enough so that I could get a timer to appear but I couldn't follow it enough to have it actually count down instead of just showing up at 0:00 and doing nothing else. What I'm wondering is if the galaxy wiki is up to date and not on some beta editor version.

Or maybe I'm just that bad.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 5 6 7 8 >
  Back to forum