Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Melee > Topic: (4) Street Spirit
(4) Street Spirit
Nov 6 2010, 2:06 am
By: Syphon  

Nov 21 2010, 8:54 pm ImagoDeo Post #21

Quote from Syphon
Quote from ImagoDeo
Quote from Syphon
The ledge for drops is exactly the same size. You don't "need something for vision", you already have something for vision. Because you just dropped the ledge.

You're just so incredibly wrong.

If whatever you have for vision gets sniped, you're out of luck and enemy forces can just move in to shred your troops from above since they'll be STUCK THERE.

Except that anything short of a Siege Tank or Thor can just walk out.

Aren't siege tanks and thors THE MOST COMMON terran drop unit? Nawww...

None.

Nov 21 2010, 11:14 pm CecilSunkure Post #22

I think marines//rauders are most common.

None.

Nov 23 2010, 12:18 am ImagoDeo Post #23

Quote from CecilSunkure
I think marines//rauders are most common.

I meant for the ledges above the nats on LT.

None.

Nov 26 2010, 5:50 am Syphon Post #24

Quote from ImagoDeo
Quote from Syphon
Quote from ImagoDeo
Quote from Syphon
The ledge for drops is exactly the same size. You don't "need something for vision", you already have something for vision. Because you just dropped the ledge.

You're just so incredibly wrong.

If whatever you have for vision gets sniped, you're out of luck and enemy forces can just move in to shred your troops from above since they'll be STUCK THERE.

Except that anything short of a Siege Tank or Thor can just walk out.

Aren't siege tanks and thors THE MOST COMMON terran drop unit? Nawww...

Yes. Which is why LT is heavily Terran favoured. Which is why I did that.

None.

Feb 19 2011, 2:03 pm NicholasBeige Post #25

Too much xel'naga coverage. Looks too open - no forcefield-hotspots, except ramps and one or two other places.

suggestions:
  • Put the central Xel'Nagas on a higher ground level with no ramp
  • Alternatively, put the golds on the same cliff level in the center, with a single xel'naga in the center.

Key - RED = excessive Xel'Naga Vision
Key - YELLOW = moderate Xel'Naga Vision (about right)
Key - GREEN = assumed vision of player units at 5 minutes (excluding overlord placement)
Key - WHITE = ground rush distances (the opposite is too short)
Key - GREY = hidden-spots (for rush distances and paths) <--- there are NONE.
Key - BLACK = blind-spots (for proxy's and other nastyness)

Basically the center of the map needs some sort of focal or strategic point. Like how in Xel'Naga caverns there is a massive hole with two (and four) total alternate paths for pushing against leading to naturals and golds respectively with the ultimate goal of ending up at the opponents ramp. In Metalopolis, the golds are close enough to be abused by Tier 3 long range units (Collosus, Brood Lord and even Siege Tanks).

I think by creating 1 highest cliff level in the center, which contains 4 ramps (2 on each side), both Gold expos and 1 xel'naga - will create interesting gameplay dynamics in controlling the centre or being forced into a push when your opponent tries to take the centre.

Also - whether intentional or not - it is rare to see a Xel'Naga on lower ground. Especially if the ramp/escape route leads into the path of an approaching enemy army and other hiding places for the spotter unit are all negated if the enemy takes that watch-tower.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 19 2011, 2:11 pm by Cardinal.

None.

Options
  Back to forum