Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Melee > Topic: (4) Street Spirit
(4) Street Spirit
Nov 6 2010, 2:06 am
By: Syphon  

Nov 6 2010, 2:06 am Syphon Post #1

A slightly larger map based on an amalgamation of Shakuras Plateau, Lost Temple, and Metalopolis. The only possible matchups are 12 v 6, 12 v 9, 3 v 6, and 3 v 9. So no, those back doors aren't ridiculous. (They're also double length ramps, so you have a lot more room to fall back up them.)

If you want to play it, it's published on US as Street Spirit.

None.

Nov 6 2010, 6:00 pm ImagoDeo Post #2

Hm. Looks relatively balanced, save for that backdoor that you stuck in - and yes, it is ridiculous. TvZ would be a little more imba - easy speedling in and out play. Toss would have problems fending off speedlings, too, and overall two entrances to a base is a bad idea. Just fyi. Not saying we shouldn't experiment, but afaik this wouldn't be balanced - it'd be in zerg's favor and against terran.

None.

Nov 6 2010, 9:39 pm Syphon Post #3

It's so much further out of the way that if you really want to wall off both sides, you easily can by the time they're both pressurable.

None.

Nov 6 2010, 9:53 pm Decency Post #4

I think you're underestimating how much damage a few well-microed units can do with that easy of access to a base.

Seeing this map I'd go 1-1 Reactor into Hellion and do so much damage with them. If you made it so the backdoor was more easily sealed off with units, say a single Queen/Stalker/Marauder, I could see it being a viable map. I like what you did by making it so hard to go around, seems like it would be interesting to play.

None.

Nov 6 2010, 10:31 pm Syphon Post #5

It is really easy to wall off. It's a double long ramp that COULD be walled off from a Hellion with one Queen. :/

Anyways, I changed it so that the rocks are now the huge diagonal ones. In order to take the third you have to open them, but they offer a modicum of protection.

None.

Nov 6 2010, 11:03 pm CecilSunkure Post #6

Post a new picture for it.

None.

Nov 6 2010, 11:40 pm Syphon Post #7

Why? It looks exactly the same except the rocks extend all the way across.

None.

Nov 7 2010, 12:05 am CecilSunkure Post #8

Well, because I wanted to see the new map?

None.

Nov 7 2010, 10:00 pm Syphon Post #9

Now it's more worth it, I changed a few more things.

* Removed the rocks that blocked pathing to the drop areas next to the naturals. However, only small units can fit.
* Added LOS blockers at the top of the cliffs at that area, so you now need a spotter to see drops like Lost Temple. But it doesn't have to be an air unit as the cliff is lower.
* The obvious rocks at the 2 and 8 expos.
* Added LOS blockers above the 4 and 10 Xel'Naga towers.
* Added various doodads.

None.

Nov 8 2010, 5:56 pm Decency Post #10

Alright now it's like 90% identical to Metalopolis.

None.

Nov 8 2010, 10:54 pm ImagoDeo Post #11

Quote from name:FaZ-
Alright now it's like 90% identical to Metalopolis.

I'd say about 70%. But yeah, quite like Metalopolis.

I approve of the new version. No good in FFAs, though. That backdoor would suck.

None.

Nov 9 2010, 1:45 am Syphon Post #12

It's not for FFAs. Read the goddamn posts, you can only spawn as teams sharing the rocks, or cross. Other matchups aren't possible.

And it's more similar to Lost Temple than anything - All it shares in common with Metalopolis is the shape of the Golds.

None.

Nov 9 2010, 3:38 am Decency Post #13

And every expo location, and the watchtowers.

Pretty much the only thing different is the backdoor. It's nothing like LT because LT is dominated by high ground play, which this doesn't have.

None.

Nov 9 2010, 5:40 pm Syphon Post #14

It's closer in size to LT.

LT has the same expo locations... Except for the golds.

There are four watchtowers on the map, to the two on LT and Metal, and they aren't placed like any of them.

Like LT, it has drop areas beside the naturals. I made them low ground rather than high to take away some Terran power.

Like LT, and unlike Metal, it has an open center.

Like LT, and unlike Metal, it has side paths.

None.

Nov 9 2010, 8:05 pm ImagoDeo Post #15

Quote from Syphon
It's not for FFAs. Read the goddamn posts, you can only spawn as teams sharing the rocks, or cross. Other matchups aren't possible.

And it's more similar to Lost Temple than anything - All it shares in common with Metalopolis is the shape of the Golds.

You never stated before that it wasn't for FFAs. You mentioned that players couldn't spawn both on the same side of the map, and I never claimed they could - but it is more similar to metalopolis than LT. LT has islands; yours doesn't. LT has the golds in a totally different place, and blocked by rocks. The only thing yours does differently than Metal is that it has a backdoor expo for the mains and the central towers are replaced by a pathway through that area. Besides that and the tower placement in general, your map is identical to Metal.

None.

Nov 10 2010, 4:50 am Syphon Post #16

The mains/nats are shaped exactly the same as LT.

I will repeat myself again -- THE ONLY THING it shares in common with Metalopolis is the shape of the Golds.

None.

Nov 10 2010, 4:14 pm ImagoDeo Post #17

Quote from Syphon
The mains/nats are shaped exactly the same as LT.

I will repeat myself again -- THE ONLY THING it shares in common with Metalopolis is the shape of the Golds.

I will repeat myself again - yours is 70% identical to Metal, much less so to LT. On LT, the nats have that cliff for thor drops and stuff. On yours, there's no such cliff - there is a small ledge, and it's tankable (I guess) but you need something for vision so it's a definite change. The main covers more of the nat entrance on LT as compared to yours. The NW/SE expos are a different configuration than on Metal, but they're more similar to Metal's than LT's, which are islands. The gold is in a different place than LT. Yours also differs from Metal in the placement of the towers and in the backdoor and in the side paths, but it differs from LT in a lot more ways than that, which I've pointed out. This arguing is pointless, though. What we should be concerned about is whether or not it's balanced.

None.

Nov 12 2010, 6:36 am Syphon Post #18

The ledge for drops is exactly the same size. You don't "need something for vision", you already have something for vision. Because you just dropped the ledge.

You're just so incredibly wrong.

None.

Nov 15 2010, 6:35 pm ImagoDeo Post #19

Quote from Syphon
The ledge for drops is exactly the same size. You don't "need something for vision", you already have something for vision. Because you just dropped the ledge.

If whatever you have for vision gets sniped, you're out of luck and enemy forces can just move in to shred your troops from above since they'll be STUCK THERE.

None.

Nov 19 2010, 4:35 am Syphon Post #20

Quote from ImagoDeo
Quote from Syphon

If whatever you have for vision gets sniped, you're out of luck and enemy forces can just move in to shred your troops from above since they'll be STUCK THERE.

Except that anything short of a Siege Tank or Thor can just walk out.

None.

Options
  Back to forum