Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Updates 10/28-29
Updates 10/28-29
Oct 29 2010, 1:47 am
By: Forsaken Archer
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >

Oct 29 2010, 6:02 pm Forsaken Archer Post #21

It wasn't very fast the last two weeks. It is a lot more responsive now though. However apparently the performance increases didn't fix the crashing, which I assumed was directly related to poor performance.

None.

Oct 29 2010, 6:11 pm payne Post #22

:payne:

Quote from name:Cardinal
Quote from payne
At the very least, SEN is epic fast atm?

Might just be me, but I've always felt SEN to be super speedy. This was one of the main reasons i became active in here - comparing forum/thread load times with SC2Mapster and Hiveworkshop - SEN has always been quicker (for me atleast :s) don't know how correct that statement is but meh :)
Rofl, it's exact opposite for me: SC2M is so much faster than SEN.
... but not anymore! >:D

And I guess I'll go get a look at HiveWorkshop. :P

EDIT: Opened at least 10 tabs very quickly, all loaded uber-fast and without SQL Errors. However, I'd like to report the fact that none of these tabs got the SEN icon to the left of their name. (I'm using Epic skin.)

EDIT: Psst, IP: http://www.staredit.net/266860/

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Oct 29 2010, 6:37 pm by payne.

None.

Oct 29 2010, 6:46 pm DT_Battlekruser Post #23

Pageloads are about an order of magnitude faster for me now.. ~0.5s instead of ~5s.

All I can say is a sleep command? What?

None.

Oct 29 2010, 7:11 pm payne Post #24

Oh shi-!

A Staredit Network error has occured:
MySQL Error '2006': MySQL server has gone away
Query failed: SELECT * FROM sessions WHERE ip='NO.U' AND id='2c1a59dcd9bd3f053afd6015a0f7715b' LIMIT 1
Waited: 0.0410079956055 ms
Please contact administration with all the details.

Looks like this isn't fixed. :P

None.

Oct 29 2010, 8:22 pm Jack Post #25

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Holy moley, now when I middle click a forum to open it in a tab, and then quickly try to open a different forum in the current tab, because of the chrome bug it doesn't even have time to let me click a different forum. Which basically means SEN IS SO FAST HEEHEHEE.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Oct 30 2010, 2:49 am DevliN Post #26

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Forsaken Archer
Apparently farty, deviln, dtbk, dev all have full access to the server. So if anyone changed anything, IM me to let me know where I should look.
The only thing I've changed in the past month is uploading Apos' "Augustgrad" skin to /5/ and getting rid of the modifiers in the SEN Store. Removing the modifiers required Devourer's help, and I think that was the last and only time he's changed anything in a while.

Also, no more Shoutbox searches:
A Staredit Network error has occured:
MySQL Error '1064': You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND sb_whisper=0 AND sb_shout LIKE '%devlin%'' at line 1
Query failed: SELECT count(sb_id) FROM shoutbox where sb_deleted=0 AND AND sb_whisper=0 AND sb_shout LIKE '%devlin%'
Waited: 0.0710487365723 ms
Please contact administration with all the details.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Oct 30 2010, 2:52 am Forsaken Archer Post #27

I'll look into that.

Update: Stopped guests / bots from running a pointless semi-intensive query that checks if the user posted in topics.

Update: Fixed your error I believe devlin. Missed some old channel code.

None.

Oct 30 2010, 2:58 am DevliN Post #28

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Search works fine (considering the shoutbox was flushed for now and there are only 2 pages to display). :)

My Overwatch addiction.

Oct 30 2010, 3:00 am Forsaken Archer Post #29

I'll re-add old shouts as soon as this problem is fixed :3

Update: Hopefully small improvements (potentially great improvements given the resources I see being used for this) to the dldb area's tables, especially relating to comments.

None.

Oct 30 2010, 3:03 am Forsaken Archer Post #30

Update: Temporarily disabled quick search.

None.

Oct 30 2010, 3:04 am payne Post #31

I'll re-add old shouts as soon as this problem is fixed :3
Assuming you notice even just a slight lag with this re-add, can we agree on the fact that only Saved Shouts should be brought back? :/
I like our brand new fast SEN. :awesome:

None.

Oct 30 2010, 4:25 am Forsaken Archer Post #32

Fixed an odditiy where an sql query was getting all the results from a table (7000+) instead of a mere 10-30. Basically, somehow, php was making an int out of a string, parsing that into to -900, and then basically doing something similar to:
if (<a bunch of conditons> OR TRUE == TRUE)

This should drastically increase performance on the forum index page as well as be beneficial to the server as a whole.

None.

Oct 30 2010, 4:37 am Forsaken Archer Post #33

Saved and flushed the site reports table (170k rows) and hopefully optimized it for when it grows that big again in the future.

None.

Oct 30 2010, 4:47 am Forsaken Archer Post #34

Disabled the portal page, didn't like what it was doing. Almost all the related queries seemed to be using quiet a lot of sql time, and ~15 such queries all on the same page meant it had to go away while I look more into this.

None.

Oct 30 2010, 2:21 pm Forsaken Archer Post #35

Disabled parsing of custom smilies. In various areas of the DLDB, the custom smilie code will result in 50 queries, all doing the exact. same. thing.
This is something I will not reenable, dev would have to fix all the issues relating to custom smilies.

None.

Oct 30 2010, 2:32 pm payne Post #36

This is something I will not reenable, dev would have to fix all the issues relating to custom smilies.
Don't start this, we already know what will happen: you'll love to see you have a slave, and then eventually you'll quit. And later on, your slave will have a burn-out. :/ :P

None.

Oct 30 2010, 2:35 pm Devourer Post #37

Hello

Sorry for the troubles.

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Oct 30 2010, 4:04 pm payne Post #38

I've opened 22 tabs, and only 1 shown a SQL Error.

None.

Oct 30 2010, 5:46 pm DevliN Post #39

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

How did my :devlin: smilie disappear? I added that to the list of actual smilies, along with :sc1: and :sc2:. I guess Devourer moved them.

Also, we still have the "Smilie of the day" which should probably be removed if we're losing the custom smilies.

My Overwatch addiction.

Oct 30 2010, 5:47 pm Devourer Post #40

Hello

IP Disabled these to test the cause of lag.
Also I'd prefer you would ask this over AIM as you are an admin and you should know that rather than asking the community. Or at least in the staff lounge.

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >
  Back to forum