Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 General Discussion > Topic: Super StarCraft Modders Brawl
Super StarCraft Modders Brawl
Oct 23 2010, 2:08 pm
By: Biophysicist
Pages: < 1 2 3

Nov 13 2010, 12:40 pm Biophysicist Post #41

I'm not sure if this is a joke and our time has just been wasted, or if Bio is really sick.
I figured I should say this. It's the latter. This is no kind of joke.

None.

Nov 13 2010, 1:33 pm DevliN Post #42

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Yeah, Jack told me. I'm sorry to hear that. :/

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Nov 14 2010, 3:11 am Alzarath Post #43

Praetor

Regardless if it was him playing a joke or literally having mental issues, he's sick in one way or another. ;o But ya, tis a shame. :( Perhaps someone else could host this? :\

None.

Nov 20 2010, 5:25 pm Biophysicist Post #44

against my better judgement I've returned

but I'd rather not try to host this again. Too much chance that LOLLEAVEAGAIN.

None.

Nov 20 2010, 7:05 pm Tempz Post #45

Interesting idea's so far... however i think you should of put more thought into this since i feel like your just trying to do something for the community which is great but your also dragging on a useless product...

None.

Nov 20 2010, 11:00 pm DevliN Post #46

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Tempz
Interesting idea's so far... however i think you should of put more thought into this since i feel like your just trying to do something for the community which is great but your also dragging on a useless product...
We're all just making custom units that serve no purpose. I think we all knew it was inherently "useless" from the start, other than to maybe teach others how to design custom units.

Also, I'd like to change from a Viking to an Ursadak and a Vulture. :D

My Overwatch addiction.

Nov 21 2010, 12:10 am NicholasBeige Post #47

LOL! :awesome: Vulture + Ursadak? DevliN wins.

So, what's the scoop? Are were we going for contest with deadlines and few submissions? Or community project with no immediate deadline and more submissions? I personally think the latter would be better. No offense to Bio. But it is just a cooler idea :)

In regard to this... if it does become a community project. Should we, I dunno, maybe post about our heros? So that if two people are making '(nearly identical)' units they can disagree to agree to change some features?

Edit: Would be pretty damn cool if we make a map where each Hero is named (possibly?) after it's creator. And the map was called like SEN Arena or something ghey like that. Be a nice way to advertise SEN as a sort of community who makes a map, but doesn't really care and has that laid back 'meh' attitude :P

None.

Nov 21 2010, 12:14 am Biophysicist Post #48

A SEN arena map would be cool. And would be a lot less stressful to organize, so I could still run it. And we could even turn it into a real map... ;D

I think we should make a new thread, but I'd also like to see what other dudes say first. (Especially DevliN.)

None.

Nov 21 2010, 12:59 am DevliN Post #49

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Yeah I think I had a similar idea in a previous post. I think a SEN Arena community project would be a blast. We'd need some guidelines for balance purposes (I.e. Each hero needs 2 offensive abilities and a defensive one or something).

I can start a new thread for it when I get home in 45 mins. :)

My Overwatch addiction.

Nov 21 2010, 1:10 am NicholasBeige Post #50

Yeah I was just chatting to Bio on msn about this... he seems keen.

I mentioned the guidelines to him on there... here's more or less what I think the guidelines should be:
  • Total Hero hitpoints and shielding should be between 500 and 800.
  • Try to balance damage and defensive (healing/shielding) abilities to numbers respective of these limits.
  • Each Hero must have ATLEAST 1 Missile ability OR use a Missile based attack.
  • Abilities must be scaled in terms of cooldown or energy/shields/life cost with relation to their effect, damage and viability for use.
  • Each Hero must have a minimum of 3 abilities. With ATMOST 1 passive ability. These excludes abilities which are activated and then give a duration buff or bonus.
  • Movement speed should be between 2 and 3. Scale this in relation to your units total HP + Shields.
  • Invisibility is up for debate. I do not mind a 3 second invisibility or something of that nature. But we should avoid a permanent invisibility - since that would require other heros to have detector-like abilities.
  • An ultimate? Again, up for debate. Should hero's have 3 abilities with 1 ultimate ability? War3 style?
  • Attributes? unsure, up for debate.
  • Spawning abilities should create units which complement your hero and should not simply create swarms and swarms of units - unless the final map outcome has lots of heros with Splash abilities.

The final thing to mention is, once you are happy with your hero, you submit it to the Project. From there it is balanced (endlessly) so that it fits in with the other Hero's already submitted.

None.

Nov 21 2010, 2:27 am DevliN Post #51

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Made the topic: http://www.staredit.net/topic/12899/

I suggest moving discussion of the project there.

My Overwatch addiction.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3
  Back to forum