Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Custom Maps > Topic: Invasion: Ares
Invasion: Ares
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Oct 5 2010, 11:19 am
By: DevliN
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 78 >

Apr 6 2011, 9:16 am DevliN Post #81

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Redid my logo for the map and started working on more terrain. At the moment it seems like my terrain may be too small, so I'll probably add more space in the back to extend it. I think I'm at a length of 128, now, so I should ultimately have plenty of space to work with.

I'm sort of dividing the map into tiers at the moment, as well.

That lower area has 3 Barracks spawning units. You don't need to destroy all 3, but it is recommended as they will be constantly spawning units and will help take back whatever has been captured.

The middle area has 2 Barracks and 2 Factories. For these you will need to destroy both, as they lead to separate areas that need to be cleared.

At the top will be two doors to reach a centralized pathway that heads farther norths. To open the doors, you have to destroy some generators (which will be in the separate paths from the middle area).

The centralized pathway will lead to the "center" of the city (in this case, the northern-most point). There will be multiple Barracks, Factories, and Starports (that send reinforcements and whatnot to capture lost outposts). Just like in Normandy, the object will be to destroy the headquarters building. In Invasion, though, you will need to beat a final boss first, however.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Apr 6 2011, 3:29 pm by DevliN.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Apr 6 2011, 12:42 pm payne Post #82

:payne:

About your logo, I'm not sure you should put both "By Devlin" and "Devlin". :/

None.

Apr 6 2011, 3:16 pm DevliN Post #83

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I may or may not eventually change that. I'll probably remove my old "Devlin" design thing, I guess, simply because i can't find a font that would go with it to add a "by" to it. Unless I don't need a "by" and then I'd just remove "BY DEVLIN." This is all stuff I can change down the line, not that important. :)

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 6 2011, 3:26 pm by DevliN.

My Overwatch addiction.

Apr 7 2011, 1:02 am UnholyUrine Post #84

Can I help palytest sometime?
has it been uploaded already?

None.

Apr 7 2011, 1:05 am DevliN Post #85

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I've uploaded a private version just to test my variants and whatnot, but haven't tested it with others yet. I'll probably get around to starting that once I have the first two tiers done trigger-wise. At the moment my focus is on fixing the abilities and finishing terrain.

I'll keep your offer in mind, though, when I do start that process. :)

My Overwatch addiction.

Apr 7 2011, 1:47 am NicholasBeige Post #86

So far (from that last post) this reminds me a hell of a lot of WarChasers - that 'RPG custom' map that Blizzard gave us with Frozen Throne or Reign of Chaos.

But, you said the N word. So I fully approve of this map. Go go go!

Edit: and lol... is your old 'devlin' icon your attempt at making a Blizzard-type font for your own name?

None.

Apr 7 2011, 2:05 am DevliN Post #87

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

No, not at all. I made that about 11 years ago based on something I drew.

My Overwatch addiction.

Apr 9 2011, 10:49 am DevliN Post #88

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I threw together a teaser for the map when I got bored tonight. I was rushing (hence the bad camera moves at the end) and I'll probably go back and clean this up later.

EDIT:
Hahah scratch that, it has been blocked. Awesome.

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Apr 19 2011, 7:27 pm by DevliN.

My Overwatch addiction.

Apr 9 2011, 8:19 pm UnholyUrine Post #89

0 gameplay footage makes me sad

None.

Apr 10 2011, 4:29 am DevliN Post #90

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from UnholyUrine
0 gameplay footage makes me sad
I'm going to redo the end now that I've gotten YouTube to put it back up, and it will include gameplay footage.

My Overwatch addiction.

Apr 10 2011, 6:04 am Jack Post #91

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Apparently the author doesn't allow mobile viewing of his videos :0 change please.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Apr 10 2011, 5:44 pm DevliN Post #92

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I just checked that feature out, and it may have switched to "No" because of "possible copyright issues." I set it to "Yes" again, so it should work no. Hopefully that doesn't cause copyright issues again. :/

My Overwatch addiction.

Apr 11 2011, 4:38 pm ImagoDeo Post #93

Quote from DevliN
[R] Ironclad: Passively increases the unit's life armor by X/X/X/X/X. MISSING AN ACTIVE ABILITY.

Suggestion: Activation temporarily fuses the unit's armor together, preventing all direct damage and all movement. The unit can still be affected by force effects (i.e. knockback), and the unit can still be affected by damage-over-time effects that were on them before they activated Ironclad. Lasts X/X/X/X/X seconds.

None.

Apr 11 2011, 4:50 pm DevliN Post #94

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

That could work well. I suppose I could include a taunt, as well, to make that more tanky.

My Overwatch addiction.

Apr 11 2011, 9:43 pm UnholyUrine Post #95

Gonna ask again
When u gonna publicize this so I can play test? :D

None.

Apr 11 2011, 11:50 pm DevliN Post #96

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I'll just keep giving the same answer I gave 5 days ago. :/ It is nowhere near ready to playtest, and given my work schedule, it wont be anytime soon. I really only have time to work on this heavily on weekends (other than starting Data work for a short while when I get home).

This past weekend, whatever free time I had was spent on trying to fix the Assault Commander's "Leap" ability (which apparently is completely broken due to the patch and can't be fixed, so I have to redo it all) and starting the groundwork for the Infantry Commander's abilities (specifically "Cruise Missile" and "Railgun") and trying to figure out how to do the "Bullrush" ability without cheating and teleporting him after firing a clone as a missile.

My Overwatch addiction.

Apr 12 2011, 12:20 am UnholyUrine Post #97

Damn that sucks..
I wanted to avoid theorycrafting before actually playing the game... as I found doing so doesn't amount to much help

Also, I'm too lazy to read all of it.

None.

Apr 12 2011, 8:00 pm DevliN Post #98

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

My teaser video was removed again, despite my appeal. I'm in the middle of looking for a public domain song to use, but I haven't found anything as good, yet. At the very least, the redone version will have actual gameplay stuff in it, so that's a plus.

I've also modified the Medical Tactician abilities a bit. Her W ability will now leech life from an enemy, and only heal her with that life stolen. Her R active will still heal nearby units, but at the cost of her own life. The combination of the two should be effective enough so that she can't kill herself, but the cost of R will still be significant.

My Overwatch addiction.

Apr 12 2011, 8:16 pm Dem0n Post #99

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

What copyright laws are you infringing upon? :|

Apr 12 2011, 8:18 pm DevliN Post #100

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

The song I used in the video.

My Overwatch addiction.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 78 >