Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: My time in the psych ward
My time in the psych ward
Sep 30 2010, 6:35 pm
By: nuclearrabbit
Pages: 1 2 3 >

Sep 30 2010, 6:35 pm nuclearrabbit Post #1

So. I'm in the army. My job makes me do a lot of dumb stuff. August 11th I was driving 400 miles overnight to go do some good ol' trainin', woo. I called up my wife, now ex-wife, around midnight and summarily found out she was leaving me. Finished the drive about 6 hours later. Talked to my chain of command and referred myself to mental health. They recommended I go in-patient at the big regional hospital. Alright, cool. Do my two weeks there, no big deal.

I come home from the hospital to find my wife with another man. I could either kill them or just myself. Taking the better option; I gulped down 200 pills and a Monster. Turns out the Monster saved my life. I stopped breathing a dozen times in the ER/ICU but all that caffeine kept my pumper thumpin'. Another two weeks on the ward and I'm out again.

Float around my base for a couple days, maybe a week. Nothing much happens. Then some dumb stuff goes down. I dunno why I did this but I took my trauma shears and severed my brachial artery. Over some dumb stuff. That was a bad idea. Another week in pajamas and here I am now.

ITT: Ask a guy who spent a month as a crazy person anything.

None.

Sep 30 2010, 6:39 pm Azrael Post #2

Not impressed, and there's nothing interesting inside a psych ward or mental hospital.

In the future I would suggest not trying to kill yourself, you're clearly not good at it.

Sep 30 2010, 6:50 pm nuclearrabbit Post #3

I know, lol. I would do just fine if I stopped taking myself to the ER.

You're right though there isn't much to talk about from the inside.

None.

Sep 30 2010, 8:40 pm Norm Post #4

Moron, let the female win like that... You're pathetic.

What kind of monster did you drink?

None.

Sep 30 2010, 11:54 pm MadZombie Post #5

You did the right thing. I'm proud of you. Now you're my son.

None.

Oct 1 2010, 12:12 am EzTerix Post #6

Revenge: No
Self-Hurt: No

Realize that women can be erratic...and in this situation a major bitch towards your feelings. I suggest not going to the army because that will make anyone loony. Also I'm not sure if the Army will accept someone who recently attempted suicide? Idk.

This is pretty obvious advice but don't kill yourself...atleast over this which is a pure BS issue. If there's anything that's came good out of this it's that your single again and will no doubt find someone else or just enjoy your time banging as many women as you come across or not even have to deal with these women that were seemingly made to hurt guys.

That's all I got to say :3

None.

Oct 1 2010, 12:18 am FatalException Post #7

Describe what happened and how you felt, mostly physically, after swallowing said 200 pills. What kind of pills were they? Would you describe it as more or less comfortable than severing the brachial artery and bleeding out?
Quote from EzTerix
I suggest not going to the army because that will make anyone loony. Also I'm not sure if the Army will accept someone who recently attempted suicide? Idk.
He's already in the army.

None.

Oct 1 2010, 12:21 am Decency Post #8

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=manly_suicide

None.

Oct 1 2010, 12:22 am Azrael Post #9

If you want to kill yourself, you chase a bottle of sleeping pills with alcohol. You'll fall asleep and never wake up. If you want to be sure, you can put a plastic bag over your head and tie it at your neck. You'll be asleep before you run out of air.

Oct 1 2010, 12:53 am ClansAreForGays Post #10

Give me the 4chan link where you obviously double posted this.

Oct 1 2010, 1:18 am poison_us Post #11

Back* from the grave

Quote from name:Azrael.Wrath
In the future I would suggest not trying to kill yourself, you're clearly not good at it.

Oct 1 2010, 1:20 am dumbducky Post #12

What's it like to be a crazy person? Was it like that episode of House where House is committed?

tits

Oct 1 2010, 1:25 am OlimarandLouie Post #13

Quote from nuclearrabbit
I dunno why I did this but I took my trauma shears and severed my brachial artery.
Is this important?

None.

Oct 1 2010, 6:25 am nuclearrabbit Post #14

Quote from FatalException
Describe what happened and how you felt, mostly physically, after swallowing said 200 pills. What kind of pills were they? Would you describe it as more or less comfortable than severing the brachial artery and bleeding out?.

10 grams of Tramadol HCl. Feels funny to have 200 pills rattling down your esophagus. I felt really good after that. Dropped a catheter in me no problem. Sticking scissors in my arm didn't hurt. There aren't any sutures because the hole was so small.

Quote from Norm
Moron, let the female win like that... You're pathetic.

What kind of monster did you drink?

A green one.

Quote from name:negrodamus
What's it like to be a crazy person? Was it like that episode of House where House is committed?

Haven't seen the show. It's pretty fun, you can get away with a lot of stupid stuff. The people there, I don't think many of them were actually insane. Just had issues with anger or stress or something. Like me.

None.

Oct 1 2010, 6:55 am EzTerix Post #15

Quote from nuclearrabbit
Just had issues with anger or stress or something. Like me.

Don't you think that getting so close to death and only survive from an energy drink is not severe? I don't want to poke at you but the majority of males don't pop 200 pills down their esophagus when their wife unexpectedly abandons them. If they did then divorced men death rates would be well beyond what it is now.

I also misread the part about the brachial artery with the trauma shears. If you did both the pills and cutting then you definitely need to turn this attitude around. That is what we call suicidal. The reason that triggered all this is also fixable. Although you might not be able to be with your wife again there are a variety of options in your future.

Please try to turn this around. No one needs to die over what happened. If there is a clinical therapist or psychiatrist or something to that regard I would take their advice intently. I hope everything works out :)

None.

Oct 1 2010, 3:51 pm Moose Post #16

We live in a society.

Does your time spent in the psych ward have anything in common with the other time you were dead?

Oct 1 2010, 4:39 pm JaFF Post #17

Do you think this experience made you a stronger person? A more bitter person?

None.

Oct 1 2010, 5:39 pm Centreri Post #18

Relatively ancient and inactive

I laughed hard at this. Does that make me a bad person?

None.

Oct 1 2010, 6:10 pm Neki Post #19

Quote from Centreri
I laughed hard at this. Does that make me a bad person?
Given the nature of nuclearrabbit's history with SEN, I don't know what to think of the situation either.

None.

Oct 2 2010, 3:13 am FatalException Post #20

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
Does your time spent in the psych ward have anything in common with the other time you were dead?
I won't go so far as to say I lol'd, but I did indeed giggle.

None.

Options
Pages: 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum