Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: Minecraft
Minecraft
Sep 27 2010, 10:05 am
By: Sie_Sayoka
Pages: < 1 « 30 31 32 33 >

Sep 29 2014, 7:52 pm Generalpie Post #621

Staredit Puckwork

The server I played on has shut down. Any good servers of note? Any kind will do, really.

None.

Sep 29 2014, 10:51 pm Zycorax Post #622

Grand Moderator of the Games Forum

Quote from Generalpie
The server I played on has shut down. Any good servers of note? Any kind will do, really.
I'm really tempted to rent my own as all the ones I've played on recently have shut down/reset. I've discussed it with a guy I've played a lot of FTB with and he seems to be up for it. Also going to ask a couple of rl friends if they want in on it. Ideally I'd want three or four people to share the rent with, depending on the specs of the server.

Sep 30 2014, 9:53 am Generalpie Post #623

Staredit Puckwork

Quote from Zycorax
Quote from Generalpie
I'm really tempted to rent my own as all the ones I've played on recently have shut down/reset. I've discussed it with a guy I've played a lot of FTB with and he seems to be up for it. Also going to ask a couple of rl friends if they want in on it. Ideally I'd want three or four people to share the rent with, depending on the specs of the server.
Hell, I'll pay a share if I can get in on that :P
You'd probably have to teach me the mods of FTB, though
Will there be a Teamspeak channel for us to use, too?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 30 2014, 10:38 am by Generalpie.

None.

Sep 30 2014, 3:07 pm Zycorax Post #624

Quote from Generalpie
I wasn't planning on it, as we mostly use Skype when we're playing. I guess I could ask one of my friends if we could use his WoW guild's TS server if need be. It's usually empty when they're not raiding.

Sep 30 2014, 4:50 pm Dem0n Post #625

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

ಠ_ಠ

Sep 30 2014, 8:35 pm Generalpie Post #626

Staredit Puckwork

Quote from Zycorax
Quote from Generalpie
I wasn't planning on it, as we mostly use Skype when we're playing. I guess I could ask one of my friends if we could use his WoW guild's TS server if need be. It's usually empty when they're not raiding.
Skype works, too. I don't like typing stuff out when I should be sneaking is all.

None.

Oct 1 2014, 5:04 am rayNimagi Post #627

Quote from Dem0n

ಠ_ಠ
This is crazier than the 8-bit computer some guy built in Minecraft...

Win by luck, lose by skill.

Nov 17 2014, 7:01 pm Generalpie Post #628

Staredit Puckwork

So any update on that server?
Or if anyone has any vanilla/FTB server they play on and can vouch for, that's fine too.

None.

Nov 18 2014, 6:05 am Zycorax Post #629

Kinda busy with other stuff atm, then there's exams and then I'm stuck with a computer that can't run FTB properly for a couple of weeks. I might look at it again in mid-January. Been thinking of asking a friend if he can host a vanilla MC server again though.

Nov 18 2014, 10:43 am Generalpie Post #630

Staredit Puckwork

I've been looking into renting a server, which isn't as expensive as I thought it would be if it's just a small community playing. If anyone else would be using it, I'll open it up, but I'll whitelist it so I'll need your usernames.

EDIT: Alright, I found the host that I'll be using. It's situated in the US, has a gigabit connection, multicraft panel, and I can connect to it with no lag from over here in Europe :3

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 18 2014, 11:11 am by Generalpie.

None.

Nov 18 2014, 2:41 pm Azrael Post #631

Not sure if you ever ended up playing Better Than Wolves. If you ever have a BTW server, I'd play.

Nov 18 2014, 2:42 pm Generalpie Post #632

Staredit Puckwork

Quote from Azrael
Not sure if you ever ended up playing Better Than Wolves. If you ever have a BTW server, I'd play.
Hell, I'll convert it into a BTW server right now since I actually have time for once
I'm putting down the monthly fee right now, so it will be up in about 10 minutes, barring anything I'm not taking into account.

EDIT: Until I can have FTP access to my server, it will be running in 1.8 Vanilla mode at <removed> and is non-whitelisted.

EDIT 2: FTP Access has been restored. It's a shame, really; I just struck diamonds. BTW will be in place soon.

EDIT 3: BTW has been put in place. I also set my FTP client to toggle between vanilla and BTW easier. I'll be trying out BTW for a couple of hours.

Post has been edited 6 time(s), last time on Dec 20 2014, 11:44 am by Generalpie.

None.

Nov 18 2014, 8:20 pm Azrael Post #633

Quote from Generalpie
Quote from Azrael
Hell, I'll convert it into a BTW server right now since I actually have time for once
I'm putting down the monthly fee right now, so it will be up in about 10 minutes, barring anything I'm not taking into account.

EDIT: Until I can have FTP access to my server, it will be running in 1.8 Vanilla mode at 192.99.20.34:26867 and is non-whitelisted.

EDIT 2: FTP Access has been restored. It's a shame, really; I just struck diamonds. BTW will be in place soon.

EDIT 3: BTW has been put in place. I also set my FTP client to toggle between vanilla and BTW easier. I'll be trying out BTW for a couple of hours.
:O

I'm on and attempting to settle the spawn area. Hopefully I can get something permanent down aside from a crafting table lol.

Nov 18 2014, 9:03 pm Generalpie Post #634

Staredit Puckwork

Just to be clear, this is a Better Than Wolves Server right now, and requires the installation of the latest version.

None.

Nov 18 2014, 10:13 pm Sacrieur Post #635

Still Napping

It's awesome, you all should be there.

None.

Nov 19 2014, 12:58 pm Generalpie Post #636

Staredit Puckwork

Alright, I've got a hemp farm (with 4 plants!) near the lava lake, because I got lost and struck just enough iron for a hoe and pick from a ravine. Are seeds supposed to be that rare?
The amount of joy I feel for striking a meager amount of iron (and living) after so many hours is indescribable.

None.

Nov 19 2014, 1:15 pm Zycorax Post #637

Is this mod more survival based than vanilla MC?

Nov 19 2014, 1:20 pm Generalpie Post #638

Staredit Puckwork

Quote from Zycorax
Is this mod more survival based than vanilla MC?
Very much so.
I'm on my last mystery meat. I upgraded the farm's barriers with something I consider clever. I had to use wooden slabs because dirt slabs require a block under them, so I would have lived longer if that wasn't a requirement...
I also spawned in a desert village with villages, so I walled them off inside their own homes before I was overtaken by jungle spiders from the next biome over. Also found more iron and coal and brought that to our dirt base. Components for hemp processing have been crafted.
Ain't nothin slowing this train down.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Nov 19 2014, 1:34 pm by Generalpie.

None.

Nov 19 2014, 3:17 pm Azrael Post #639

Quote from Generalpie
Alright, I've got a hemp farm (with 4 plants!) near the lava lake, because I got lost and struck just enough iron for a hoe and pick from a ravine. Are seeds supposed to be that rare?
The amount of joy I feel for striking a meager amount of iron (and living) after so many hours is indescribable.
Yeah, getting seeds from tilling grass isn't very efficient, although it's necessary to start. You also get seeds while harvesting hemp, so it'll start multiplying. It grows like sugar cane, so be sure not to harvest the bottom block.

Nov 19 2014, 10:07 pm Generalpie Post #640

Staredit Puckwork

The server is down atm, the panel is unreachable and I've already submitted a ticket.
EDIT: Tech support has replied back and says that the server will be up within the hour (and they'll extend the subscription by 2 days in compensation)
I connected via ftp to check the logs and don't see anything out of the ordinary.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 19 2014, 10:13 pm by Generalpie.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 30 31 32 33 >
  Back to forum