Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: Minecraft
Minecraft
Sep 27 2010, 10:05 am
By: Sie_Sayoka
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 633 >

Jan 13 2011, 11:39 pm MadZombie Post #61

Don't forget to mention the lack of getting any updates if Notch feels like it unless you have a minecraft that was bought during Alpha.

Are you trolling me with the not being able to see the pic? Not sure if srs.

edit:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=136810
flat chested lolis are back in the game

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jan 14 2011, 5:19 pm by MadZombie.

None.

Jan 14 2011, 10:57 pm Fisty Post #62

Fucking spiders can climb up walls now. And I thought they were annoying before!

None.

Jan 15 2011, 2:51 am Kaias Post #63

We need a SEN server

None.

Jan 15 2011, 3:08 am Derqua Post #64

Quote from Kaias
We need a SEN server
I know I would join up.

None.

Jan 15 2011, 1:53 pm MadZombie Post #65

So who has Minecraft here and isn't just posting in this thread.

I have a pirated version of the latest beta but I'm pretty sure You can play multiplayer with it but I think I'd need to use Hamachi. Though I joined a couple of servers a couple of times during the alpha with a pirated version with no special programs. I was told you need to have online mode turned off or something and non premium user could join. I wanna play wiff you guis ;_;

None.

Jan 15 2011, 3:56 pm Kaias Post #66

Quote from Kaias
We need a SEN server
For the curious, hosting a server is extremely simple. You merely download the Minecraft_Server.exe at the bottom of the page here and run it. You don't even need to have an account (so technically we could have an official SEN server run by the SEN servers; unlikely).

I'd do it myself but laptops don't make great servers.

None.

Jan 15 2011, 4:18 pm Raitaki Post #67

I'm in :3
Btw, is there any other way to get strings, other from killing spiders?

None.

Jan 15 2011, 4:43 pm Lingie Post #68

Quote from Kaias
Quote from Kaias
We need a SEN server
For the curious, hosting a server is extremely simple. You merely download the Minecraft_Server.exe at the bottom of the page here and run it. You don't even need to have an account (so technically we could have an official SEN server run by the SEN servers; unlikely).

Those are Classic only, and are quite lame.

For everyones information, I've been hosting a SEN wide server for about a week now. Just sayin'.

Lingie#3148 on Discord. Lingie, the Fox-Tailed on Steam.

Jan 15 2011, 5:06 pm MadZombie Post #69

Can someone tell me how to make custom textures? I want to make my own like starcraft themed one. Instead of pick axes you have an SCV arm or something. An axe would be a psi blade... Not sure about the ideas but It's something I'd like to do. I've worked with pixels before and apparently you can make 'HD' 64x64 pixel images for things. If someone can tell me how to do it I'll make any custom textures you'd like :3

None.

Jan 15 2011, 5:43 pm Kaias Post #70

Quote from Raitaki
I'm in :3
Btw, is there any other way to get strings, other from killing spiders?
No.

Quote from name:Rammus
Quote from Kaias
Quote from Kaias
We need a SEN server

Those are Classic only, and are quite lame.

For everyones information, I've been hosting a SEN wide server for about a week now. Just sayin'.
That has nothing to do with classic, thats for beta 1.2. Connect information?

Quote from MadZombie
Can someone tell me how to make custom textures? I want to make my own like starcraft themed one. Instead of pick axes you have an SCV arm or something. An axe would be a psi blade... Not sure about the ideas but It's something I'd like to do. I've worked with pixels before and apparently you can make 'HD' 64x64 pixel images for things. If someone can tell me how to do it I'll make any custom textures you'd like :3
In Minecraft select Mods and Texture packs and then hit 'Open texture pack folder'. From there you can go back to the .minecraft folder and forward to .minecraft/bin/ where you can open up minecraft.jar with WinRAR for instance and replace the textures (IE terrain.png) to whatever you want. Or you could copy the textures from minecraft.jar, edit them, compress them into a .zip and place them in the .minecraft/texturepacks/ folder.

Note that this is just for texture changes, not models, although the models for items you hold are just your textures given volume.

Edit: For "HD" textures, make your textures a power of 2 larger than the original, and patch your minecraft to the corresponding resolution with MC Patcher (note, it hasn't been updated for beta 1.2 yet; minecraft is normally 16x16 pixels per block)

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 15 2011, 5:53 pm by Kaias.

None.

Jan 16 2011, 3:15 pm MadZombie Post #71

So... guys... ideas on a texture pack? I have everything pretty much good to go just... I lack ideas. Any requests?

edit: So for now I've decided to make a Starcraft Badlands texture pack. Some of the things I've been thinking of so far

-Dirt gets changed into the very dark dirt from badlands tileset
-Grass will be the yellowish grass from bad lands
-Gravel will be more like "asphalt"
-Steel pick axe will be a sort of SCV arm/plasma cutter
/-Everything Steel will be Terran themed
-Gold Pick will be some sort of protoss looking item
/- Everything gold will be protoss themed
-Pigs = Ragnasaurs? I can even edit the 'particles' (the stuff the comes out of stuff when you hit it I think) into a bright orange just like in starcraft when they explode :3. Probably change the meat into something orange looking... not really sure what the meat would look like.
-Chickens = Kakurus ?
-I've seen the moon changed and I'm going to assume that's from a texture pack change so when I figure that out maybe the moon will be Shakuras or something :3

Gib me your ideas

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 16 2011, 4:10 pm by MadZombie.

None.

Jan 16 2011, 3:49 pm Fisty Post #72

Quote from MadZombie
So... guys... ideas on a texture pack? I have everything pretty much good to go just... I lack ideas. Any requests?
Albion 64x64. You'll need a couple of mods to get it to work (need to inject some code if I made sense of what I was doing). The only issue I had with Albion was that making a wood house looks like shit. I recommend you browse the forum though: http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewforum.php?f=1021&sid=7c5810760d4f8cd4965a39b671a1f677

Also: Anyone finding Beta 1.2's monster spawn was altered again? My base is spawning creepers and shit again inside it.

ARBLE GARBLE MISREAD

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 16 2011, 4:31 pm by Fisty.

None.

Jan 16 2011, 4:12 pm MadZombie Post #73

You misunderstand Fisty. I edited my post.

And I'm pretty sure Notch had a problem where certain mobs were spawning in higher then 7 light areas but he patched that the next day. Check the version history in minepedia or something.

edit: FFFFFFFFFFFF. I don't understand. Even if I change the foliage or grass color pngs the tint changes still stay the same as the default green colors. Rage.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 16 2011, 5:54 pm by MadZombie.

None.

Jan 16 2011, 6:49 pm Fisty Post #74

Turn Wood Planks into Structure. Make Steps asphalt

None.

Jan 16 2011, 6:56 pm MadZombie Post #75

I think I'm going to stick to gravel = Asphalt but I don't think anyone uses the half step blocks anymore since stairs were added so I think I'ma turn the half blocks into Asphalt with a yellow line in the middle so people can make streets. Then we can play Temple siege on Minecraft :3

None.

Jan 16 2011, 7:00 pm Fisty Post #76

I constantly used them for flooring and such, looks perdy.

None.

Jan 16 2011, 7:07 pm Kaias Post #77

Quote from MadZombie
I think I'm going to stick to gravel = Asphalt but I don't think anyone uses the half step blocks anymore since stairs were added so I think I'ma turn the half blocks into Asphalt with a yellow line in the middle so people can make streets. Then we can play Temple siege on Minecraft :3
Your grass/foliage textures have to be grayscale, and the grasscolor.png/foliagecolor.png gradients need to be in a "misc" folder before being zipped if you're using the texture packs folder.

None.

Jan 16 2011, 7:15 pm MadZombie Post #78

Well the actual texture pack has ot be in a zip right? and then every folder inside of the zip has to be a zip too? I'm pretty sure they don't HAVE to be gray scale since but that's not really the point. My Grasscolor.png and foliagecolor.png were put in a misc folder and the misc folder were put in a zip file along with my terrain.png. Did the misc folder have to be a zip folder too is what I'm asking.

None.

Jan 16 2011, 7:22 pm Kaias Post #79

Quote from MadZombie
Well the actual texture pack has ot be in a zip right? and then every folder inside of the zip has to be a zip too? I'm pretty sure they don't HAVE to be gray scale since but that's not really the point. My Grasscolor.png and foliagecolor.png were put in a misc folder and the misc folder were put in a zip file along with my terrain.png. Did the misc folder have to be a zip folder too is what I'm asking.
No, the misc folder needs to not be zipped.

Also, I only meant it needed to be grayscale for the gradient to do anything.

None.

Jan 16 2011, 7:48 pm MadZombie Post #80

I must be retarded. Grass does not want to change it's hue. the actual image is different but the gradient is still affecting it as if it's the default. hmph :c

Attachments:
Starcraft Texture.zip
Hits: 1 Size: 63.76kb

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 633 >
  Back to forum