Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: Minecraft
Minecraft
Sep 27 2010, 10:05 am
By: Sie_Sayoka
Pages: < 1 2 3 433 >

Oct 30 2010, 11:44 pm payne Post #21

:payne:

Again, what's so fun about it?
I played the demo for like a minute and it wasn't really outstanding or anything... it's really just placing blocks and exploding them.
Sponges represented a little peak of excitement, but that's pretty much it. >_>

None.

Oct 31 2010, 12:32 am l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #22

Just here for the activity... well not really

The demo is only a fraction of the actual game... The full version has mining and crafting, where you can create objects out of raw material.
Also, you can do such things online with friends, trolls, and bots. (j/k on the last two, those aren't fun!)

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Nov 3 2010, 12:04 pm Alzarath Post #23

Praetor

The full version is indeed quite entertaining. ^.^

None.

Nov 4 2010, 12:58 am ShredderIV Post #24

We should get some kind of server going.

I was on a really fun one, until the update. Them they made up a form of currency and shit and were forcing people to get permits to build on different areas of land.

Seriously? That totally ruins the point of the game...

None.

Nov 4 2010, 1:31 am Fisty Post #25

Anyone else fed up with the new mob spawn system? I feel it's far too sensitive to light levels now. Even my workshop, which is only about 20 blocks into the ground, had a creeper spawn in it despite being lit up like a christmas tree.

None.

Nov 4 2010, 1:40 am StarBlue Post #26

Reminds me of that roblox game that's always being advertized at every site I go to besides here :P

None.

Nov 4 2010, 2:07 am NicholasBeige Post #27

This is something I will never, ever comprehend. What do you shoot? How do you win? Aghhh!

Although, I did mess around with the Construction mod in Tribes 2 for a while.. that was kinda cool :)...

How long would it take that guy to make his 16-bit ALU, or how many hours did the star-trek guy take? I'm just curious...

None.

Nov 6 2010, 3:26 pm Alzarath Post #28

Praetor

I had a skeleton surviving at day time by chillin' under a tree.... that shouldn't happen. :|

They should change the light level sensitivity back to where it was.

None.

Nov 6 2010, 7:47 pm MadZombie Post #29

Anyone have a server they are hosting or w/e? I have a pirated version of 1.2.1_2 or w/e the halloween update one was. I was able to join a SMP server but it was too laggy. All the other servers gave me a "You aren't premium lol".

Maybe I can try one of your servers :0

None.

Dec 4 2010, 1:17 am OlimarandLouie Post #30

I'm making a sky castle.

None.

Dec 18 2010, 7:26 am Sie_Sayoka Post #31

PM me if you want my server ip.

It is a building server in alpha. No mobs, no animals. Damage is enabled.

Friends only server.

None.

Dec 18 2010, 2:47 pm ShredderIV Post #32

Quote from Sie_Sayoka
PM me if you want my server ip.

It is a building server in alpha. No mobs, no animals. Damage is enabled.

Friends only server.
Damage enabled? Ugh, that kinda sucks, but It's better than te one for HON where you had to pay for building permits to build wherever you wanted.

None.

Dec 20 2010, 9:59 pm OlimarandLouie Post #33

Minecraft is now Beta :awesome:
Quote from name:Notch
Minecraft Beta
I just updated the client and the server to Minecraft Beta 1.0

* Working server-side inventory! Finally! (And as a result of that, a whole pile of bugs and issues got fixed)
* Made SMP servers save chunks way less often in most cases. Chunks don’t resave if they got saved in the last 30 seconds
* Moving too far away from a container, or having it blow up, closes the inventory screen
* Fixed /kill
* Introduced leaf decay again. It acts differently from before
* You can now throw eggs
* On a whim, added super exclusive clan cloaks for Mojang Employees
* .. and something else, which is even more rare

None.

Jan 2 2011, 4:15 am Fisty Post #34

Lead Decay is amazing <3 I'll miss torching all the leaves left over when I go tree farming though :(

None.

Jan 3 2011, 4:32 pm Alzarath Post #35

Praetor

So Notch is planning on a new patch next week. He's adding a water mob, it seems. I wonder what else he has up his sleeves.

None.

Jan 3 2011, 5:43 pm Fisty Post #36

Quote from name:Artanis186
So Notch is planning on a new patch next week. He's adding a water mob, it seems. I wonder what else he has up his sleeves.
Hopefully something to help me build underwater!!!

EDIT: Isn't he supposed to also add mod support?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 3 2011, 5:51 pm by Fisty.

None.

Jan 3 2011, 6:34 pm MadZombie Post #37

Wat. Where are you guys. The mod is going to be fish. He said this months ago. Chances are that you won't see official mod support because Notch says that he REALLY hates mods. He's okay with people who pirate his game though. What a noob. he sent a cease a desist note to some guy who was making a minimap for minecraft. He's okay with changing the textures but beyond that he get's so mad. He has a whole team now so I'm wondering why people come out with more features in mods then he does in his own updates.

>:C

None.

Jan 5 2011, 4:53 am Voyager7456 Post #38

Responsible for my own happiness? I can't even be responsible for my own breakfast

He only hates certain kinds of mods, I believe. Specifically ones that inject code. There's an entire modding section of the Minecraft forums, and I would imagine if Notch didn't support that, those kinds of threads wouldn't be allowed...

all i am is a contrary canary
but i'm crazy for you
i watched you cradling a tissue box
sneezing and sniffling, you were still a fox

Modding Resources: The Necromodicon [WIP] | Mod Night
My Projects: SCFC | ARAI | Excision [WIP] | SCFC2 [BETA] | Robots vs. Humans | Leviathan Wakes [BETA]

Jan 5 2011, 11:19 am MadZombie Post #39

My mistake then

None.

Jan 5 2011, 4:22 pm Fisty Post #40

SO he'd hate me for downloading a mod that essentially injects a "make lighting prettier by openGLing it" mod?

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 433 >
  Back to forum