Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Melee > Topic: Zerg Spitting
Zerg Spitting
Sep 21 2010, 12:23 am
By: Fisty  

Nov 25 2010, 9:19 pm Crazed Post #21

Macro is most important. As you play better and better players you will of course need to incorporate economy harass and micro. And no you don't need 250 apm to play optimally.

None.

Nov 26 2010, 10:17 pm BeDazed Post #22

May I retort that. 250 apm is relatively small for what you need for high level micro and macro. Of course, the importance of high speed clicking (i.e. clicking buildings one by one at high speeds to create units manually.) drastically dropped in SCII since you can now select multiple buildings at once.
However, consider a situation when you're going Marine Thor vs Baneling zerg. With no micro, this strategy is invalid. But, with enough micro, this strategy is very valid. The build is relatively simple. You make lots of marines. And you make Thors. The marines will not stand against banelings if unmicroed, however if you split them apart when they approach so that their splash is nulled- then your marines will be economically more efficient and will simply own the Zerg. But at the same time, you will need to expand, create supply depots, build more barracks, and do all that macro that needs to be done. And split second you take your eyes off your marines, all may be over.
Compared to that, 250 apm is low. Most high level players achieve 300~400 APM in these moments. Ironically, their APM never ceases to decrease because you've got to keep harassing, keep doing your macro. There isn't time for a moment's rest. I'm talking about optimal play where you can multitask (microing and macroing at the same time without getting in your way of macro or micro. Most people can do only one at a time.). And honestly, Even 250 apm is low for optimal play. It's just when it seems like multitask is happening simultaneously.

None.

Nov 29 2010, 5:54 pm CecilSunkure Post #23

I think he meant you don't need 250 apm to play with optimal macro.

None.

Nov 30 2010, 1:27 pm BeDazed Post #24

Pretty sure that was not what he meant :/

None.

Dec 28 2010, 10:36 pm Dungeon-Master Post #25

Well then fuck off I'll be stuck in silver for the rest of my life haha!!

I'm unable to go higher than 90 apm, and my average is around 60. My multitasking smells too.

None.

Options
  Back to forum