Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 General Discussion > Topic: Map Nights' Official Thread
Map Nights' Official Thread
Sep 20 2010, 5:50 am
By: payne
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 515 >

Sep 27 2010, 11:08 pm mikelat Post #41

Payne doesn't like it so nobodies allowed to play it.

None.

Sep 28 2010, 2:30 am payne Post #42

:payne:

Quote from payne
Still, since it looks like we'll be more than 6 once again, nothing's preventing us from creating 2 teams to play individually. ;)
Quote from payne
Here's a list of Custom maps I intend to play with people
I've never said, ever, that I wanted to prevent people from playing certain maps, I'm only depicting my point of view.
Anyways, I now see it is extremely egoistic to give a list of "maps I intend to play"... so I'll just set it as "Quick-list of some quality maps".
Sorry for this all, and mikelat, I'll give your map another try.

But the thing is I just personally hate Hack'n'Slash things. :P

EDIT: Anyone knows of a good Risk RTS map? I see so many versions... no time to try them out. :/

EDIT 2: Anyone has played Nexus Word Wars? This map is :wtfawesome:.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Sep 28 2010, 6:14 am by payne.

None.

Sep 29 2010, 1:12 am Neki Post #43

I agree Nexus Word Wars is probably the most epic and best map I've played right now. :awesome:

None.

Sep 30 2010, 3:00 am payne Post #44

Just a little reminder to those who might not have understood how the Map Night is organized:

At 6 PM, you should present yourself at http://www.staredit.net/sc2mapnight/
From there, we'll discuss a bit... talk about some minor tweaks map-makers can bring to their map before hosting them during the night, etc.
Last time, we've spent something like 15 minutes talking about Jac's and Artan's projects, as far as I remember.
This part of the Map Night is a good time for map-makers to try to enhance the enjoyability of their projects. I invite regular players to join the discussions as well.
Be aware that the Map Night could start as soon as the clock shows 6 PM since we can't ensure map-makers will ask for help.

Once the Map Night will have moved on to Battle.net 2.0, well, SEN's Internet channel should still be filled with the attending players, but everyone will be busy playing. If you connect yourself a bit late, I suggest that you still join the URL, but then directly jump to SC2.
From there, add me: bg_payne_love AT hotmail.com or payne.630
If I am playing, I'll try to inform you to my best about how many minutes left we should stay in the game. If there are other parties (since the Parties Max is 6 on Battle.net 2.0), I'll inform you about it! :)

It is important to show at http://www.staredit.net/sc2mapnight/ as soon as possible so we form the Parties. If we are 7 attending to the Map Night, well... someone will be left alone, so it might be better to do two parties: one of 3 and an other one of 4.

The solution I've figure out for the Chat Channel directly from Battle.net 2.0 is simply to use the Chat feature instead of the Party Talk window: it allows you to invite anyone to the chat and it doesn't have a maximum of players, as far as I know.

None.

Sep 30 2010, 2:50 pm UnholyUrine Post #45

Can you elaborate on how to log into the chat thing? Do we really need to input our real account and such?

None.

Oct 1 2010, 12:37 am payne Post #46

Quote from UnholyUrine
Can you elaborate on how to log into the chat thing? Do we really need to input our real account and such?
I can't remember how it works since it remembers your inputs for your whole life.
I believe people talk about ''password''... but I validate this information. Anyhow, if there's a password field, I ensure you it isn't for a password!
I think the way it works now is

''account''
''password''
GIVES: account.password

I'd thus have 'payne' as account, and '630' as password.

None.

Oct 1 2010, 6:29 pm UnholyUrine Post #47

Oh wow, I just checked and I'm -7 in time.. so that's like 15hr ... 3:00pm for me.. O.o

that doesn't make sense....???? What time is it and which time zone?

and yes, I'm In!, but I'll be using my friend's account (i don't have sc2)... hopefully my friend won't decide to play during that time ><"
If you need another party leader... tell me how it works and I'd do it :D

None.

Oct 1 2010, 7:02 pm payne Post #48

I'm -4 in time, so it starts at 6 PM for me.
Don't forget you don't necessarily need to be present from the start! All you need is to make sure we'll know you're connected when you will be. :P
Last time, I stayed from 6 PM to Midnight (in my Time Zone).

None.

Oct 2 2010, 7:45 am payne Post #49

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/801650491#1

I've advertised our Map Nights on the Blizzard's forum. Let's hope we'll get some new friends in there! :awesome:
Help the cause and post in the thread so it stays at the top of the page! =)

None.

Oct 2 2010, 7:34 pm OlimarandLouie Post #50

If I'm correct, this starts at 7:00 pm for me. I will not be able to come until around 9:30.

None.

Oct 2 2010, 9:49 pm TiKels Post #51

Uh I'm in the mapnight thing but no1 is there?

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Oct 2 2010, 9:56 pm payne Post #52

Sorry, I was nearly late!
Map Night starting in 4 minutes! :awesome:

None.

Oct 2 2010, 9:58 pm OlimarandLouie Post #53

Wait, what? 2 hours earlier than I thought it would. COMING.

None.

Oct 3 2010, 1:04 am payne Post #54

This is a half-report, since I've had to leave at 9 PM (See "Ending note").

Persons who were present:
- payne
- Artanis
- aalleecc
- Lial
- OlimarLouie
- CST
- Mephs
- DuosMeus
- Tikels
- FriedRice

Maps we've played:
- Minion Arena
- Observer Dodge Final
- Uberena
- Phantom Mode
- SCCAP: Infernal
- Snowball Wars

Stats/Comments:
- Tikels is banned until he gets something else than a DSL connection. :awesome:
- I was planning on releasing my Phantom Dodge Race map tonight, but a trigger-bug prevented me to do so. Next week, I'll be extremely occupied, and I won't have access to the editor at all... so the release should be within 2 weeks.

Ending note:
I've had to go at 9PM because of a Party (RL). Anyone wants to complete this Report? :(
Anyhow, I was expecting more people... but meh. :P

None.

Oct 3 2010, 4:20 am Alzarath Post #55

Praetor

All that happened after you left is TiKels took an hour to download shit and we played 2 games of Lightcycles (Which he lagged like heck in) and me, alec and Lial played a game of Nexus Word Wars.

None.

Oct 3 2010, 4:40 am TiKels Post #56

- Tikels is banned until he gets something else than a DSL connection. :awesome:
You mean dial-up. Artanis has DSL. I have dial-up. If I only play on the maps that don't lag for me and I dl all of them an hour or so before map night starts it's no problem right?

We ALSO played:

Lightcycles
Nexus Word Wars
Don't Move Your Thor

I'm sure there are more.

You missed the users:
Shadow (Not from SEN)
(Not sure but didn't Vi3t play like ONE phantom with us? Or at least try to?)

I'm sure there are more.

What was that one line everyone was singin... Something along the lines of:
My dick goes up in the air some time. Make him say aaeiii. Baby get low.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Oct 3 2010, 9:47 pm payne Post #57

Quote from TiKels
You mean dial-up. Artanis has DSL. I have dial-up. If I only play on the maps that don't lag for me and I dl all of them an hour or so before map night starts it's no problem right?

We ALSO played:

Lightcycles
Nexus Word Wars
Don't Move Your Thor

I'm sure there are more.

You missed the users:
Shadow (Not from SEN)
(Not sure but didn't Vi3t play like ONE phantom with us? Or at least try to?)

I'm sure there are more.

What was that one line everyone was singin... Something along the lines of:
My dick goes up in the air some time. Make him say aaeiii. Baby get low.
List the maps you don't lag in, and we'll see. :P
And no, Viet didn't participate, afair.

None.

Oct 4 2010, 1:31 am UnholyUrine Post #58

ARGG I forgot about Map Night!!

And I was totally free during that time D: D:

None.

Oct 9 2010, 2:27 am payne Post #59

Just sayin': Map Night tomorrow! :awesome:

None.

Oct 9 2010, 9:47 pm payne Post #60

Starting in 13 minutes!
Artanis, if you read this, I need a quick help for my map! Once the lil' fix is done, it is fully playable! :awesome:

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 515 >
  Back to forum