Staredit Network > Forums > General StarCraft > Topic: Frost@USEast > You 2.0
Frost@USEast > You 2.0
Aug 29 2010, 3:52 pm
By: TiKels
Pages: < 1 2 3 410 >

Sep 15 2010, 8:44 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #21

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from Ahli
But that guy raises sc2's number of sales ...
How so? If SC1 started doing this to me, I wouldn't buy SC2 because of it. I'd just not play SC1 public games (I usually don't anyway).

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Sep 15 2010, 9:50 am Ahli Post #22

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
Quote from Ahli
How so? If SC1 started doing this to me, I wouldn't buy SC2 because of it. I'd just not play SC1 public games (I usually don't anyway).
You get annoyed to play sc1. So you quit sc1, but you miss SC. So you get sc2 in the hope that there are less annoying things. Then you realize that the custom game system is far from perfect, so you rage & troll in random forums.

It depends how much you like to play SC online.
Farty, you obviously like the programming & software engineering aspects of SC because you created tools around SC. So you don't bother that there are these annoyances everywhere in the online experience. (You even may bother less because that can result in new knowledge like EUDs.)

Anyway, I can say that spoofing, hacking, crashgames, botgames, PMs by bots were a reason for me to play less in bnet (& less SC).
In the last months I only played on the ICCUP server (and I only saw 1 annoyance: 1 guy out of an afo clan [even in W:ET afo is a low clan] hacked and made a pylon wall over unbuildable terrain in spawn defense). Since I've sc2, I doesn't care about SC 1's bnet anymore.

I'm playing another cheater infected game (Wolfenstein Enemy Territory), too. Maybe that's why I don't like these aspects and don't find that funny...

Sep 15 2010, 5:45 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #23

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from Ahli
Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
Quote from Ahli
You get annoyed to play sc1. So you quit sc1, but you miss SC. So you get sc2 in the hope that there are less annoying things. Then you realize that the custom game system is far from perfect, so you rage & troll in random forums.

It depends how much you like to play SC online.
You quit SC1, miss SC ... so you go back to battle.net, play LAN with friends, play private Battle.net games with friends, play private games, play on, you know, one of the other default servers before resorting to private servers? Buying a $60 game that you haven't yet considered or can't afford (because you're still playing SC1) is quite a leap, especially when the overall multiplayer experience has just barely been affected by Frost.

Quote from Ahli
Farty, you obviously like the programming & software engineering aspects of SC because you created tools around SC. So you don't bother that there are these annoyances everywhere in the online experience. (You even may bother less because that can result in new knowledge like EUDs.)
I do like that as a side to SC. I started because I enjoy the multiplayer and custom game experience, was intrigued by learning how the game does certain things, and like to help out ... If it weren't for the online experience I never would have even cared to do any of this.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 15 2010, 5:50 pm by FaRTy1billion.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Sep 15 2010, 7:37 pm Frost Post #24

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=26723614536&sid=3000

Why do I keep getting accused of hacking? I don't even know how to hack.

None.

Sep 15 2010, 7:48 pm Apos Post #25

I order you to forgive yourself!

I wonder what would happen if someone like frost found out my way of making a game name unhostable. ;D

Sep 15 2010, 7:55 pm Frost Post #26

Quote from Apos
I wonder what would happen if someone like frost found out my way of making a game name unhostable. ;D

"Forget" to send BNet packet 0x02

None.

Sep 15 2010, 7:58 pm Apos Post #27

Quote from Frost
Quote from Apos

"Forget" to send BNet packet 0x02
I guess there are multiple ways of doing it?

Sep 19 2010, 1:46 am MadZombie Post #28

Showing off/intimidation?

Good thing I could careless about my key :awesome:

None.

Sep 19 2010, 2:10 am Apos Post #29

There are ways that someone can get someone else's CD key via battle.net? If so, doesn't that mean that Blizzard fails?

Sep 19 2010, 2:53 am ClansAreForGays Post #30

There's just rumors about people saying they heard/saw person 'x' do it to person 'y'

but that's about it.

Sep 19 2010, 10:42 pm Zhuinden Post #31

I've heard it's possible because it's sort of as easily accessable as people's IP. I don't know any details though.

None.

Sep 21 2010, 12:53 am Heinermann Post #32

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

I have the details, but for those of you who thought I don't keep secrets, you're mistaken.

Sep 21 2010, 1:31 am The Starport Post #33

Well considering CD-Keys are nigh useless nowadays anyway... :rolleyes:

Maybe a few highly-publicized system compromising exploits and CD-Key leaks ought to galvanize Blizzard into releasing a patch, maybe? :lol:

Edit: Or more probably they'll just shut down bnet 1.0 for good. :><:

None.

Sep 21 2010, 4:41 am ClansAreForGays Post #34

Quote from name:Tuxedo-Templar
Or more probably they'll just shut down bnet 1.0 for good. :><:
I hope you're all happy.

Sep 21 2010, 5:12 am payne Post #35

:payne:

Quote from Heinermann
I have the details, but for those of you who thought I don't keep secrets, you're mistaken.
Tell tell tell! :massimo:

None.

Sep 21 2010, 11:43 pm Frost Post #36

Quote from payne
Quote from Heinermann
Tell tell tell! :massimo:

Nope. But I can give you this:

http://www.gamethreat.net/forums/starcraft-brood-war/43700-theft-cd-keys.html

None.

Sep 22 2010, 12:43 am The Starport Post #37

The Boondock Saints of Bnet. :bleh:

None.

Sep 22 2010, 12:45 am NudeRaider Post #38

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

This topic raises an interesting question: How can you prevent the theft of your CD key? *looks at Heinermann*
When I read correctly going offline is a sure method. So how long does a hacker need you to be online to get your key?
The other mentioned way is not making your nickname known to the hacker. Does it help to spoof your name?

Sep 22 2010, 12:54 am LoTu)S Post #39

Since only 6 hackers individuals know of this method, it's best not to run into them. If you do, it's best to just be inconspicuous. Even if you spoof, they can track your IP. Though Im sure they wouldnt do this just for shits and giggles, as i suppose they have about over 9000 keys already.

None.

Sep 22 2010, 1:10 am Frost Post #40

You guys are just jealous I found out how to steal your CDKeys.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 410 >
  Back to forum