Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: How to make 4 players share minerals + gas
How to make 4 players share minerals + gas
Aug 16 2010, 10:39 pm
By: Warlord_Master  

Mar 27 2015, 5:47 pm rockz Post #21

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Well you can have negative death counts (and likely even negative minerals) by adding -1. Possibly to just do it that way. Not sure if starcraft displays negative minerals or would block you from spending negative minerals.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Mar 27 2015, 8:29 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #22

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from rockz
Well you can have negative death counts (and likely even negative minerals) by adding -1. Possibly to just do it that way. Not sure if starcraft displays negative minerals or would block you from spending negative minerals.
I was going to suggest this. I'm like 98% sure you can have negative minerals (it's been a long time .. )

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Apr 13 2015, 9:07 pm Wormer Post #23

Oh yes, I just checked. SC displays negative minerals, gas and leaderboard too! Though it treats these values as positive in comparisons in conditions (I checked only Deaths, maybe Accumulate or Score conditions are different?) and truncates overflows with subtract (but allows for overflows with add, hence adding "negative" values works as expected).

So I am to assume that having "negative" amount of minerals isn't the solution here because it's actually a very big positive amount that can be spent for construction.

More testing shows this is wrong. When constructing, SC treats resources as signed integers. For instance, it won't allow to build anything if you got negative minerals. Interesting that SC won't allow to construct anything if you got negative gas, even if the unit's gas cost is 0. Setting negative gas cost (presumably minerals too) is technically possible in editor but doesn't work in SC due to the fact that it seems to interpret cost as 2-byte unsigned integer.

Post has been edited 5 time(s), last time on Apr 13 2015, 9:24 pm by Wormer.

Some.

Apr 13 2015, 10:58 pm Sand Wraith Post #24

she/her

you could do something like buffering the shared resource using DCs.

All players would share one DC.
Players can reserve some amount of DC.
In doing so, the DC pool is decreased and the reserving player's minerals increases by the same amount.
Every interval of time, for all pool's players, if a player who is a part of the pool has at least N minerals, N minerals are removed from that player and N is added to the DC pool.

So something like that I presume would be an approximation of what you want.

Options
  Back to forum