Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: NORM Mafia #1 - Game over
NORM Mafia #1 - Game over
Aug 16 2010, 2:50 am
By: Norm
Pages: < 1 2 3 448 >

Aug 18 2010, 1:54 am rayNimagi Post #21

Quote from Norm
MAYOR – The mayor is elected on the first day. When a player is elected mayor, they are told the names of the patrolmen working in his town. The Mayor's vote has twice the weight of the average townie, and his special suit grants him with three non-regenerating night lives. The Mayor may do one of two actions once per night.
Power: Hide – The Mayor bunks over at his bodyguard's house and is protected from Night hits.
Power: Investigate - (Only available while at least 1 PATROLMAN is alive) You will receive a report in the morning indicating whether the person of interest in guilty of murder. This power; however, does not reveal the alignment of the investigated player.

A bit OP? 3 night lives and the ability to hide?

Win by luck, lose by skill.

Aug 18 2010, 3:07 am Roy Post #22

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from rayNimagi
Quote from Norm
... You will receive a report in the morning indicating whether the person of interest is guilty of murder. This power, however, does not reveal the alignment of the investigated player.

A bit OP? 3 night lives and the ability to hide?
Can always be balanced by the ratio of mafia. Maybe 3 is one too many, though.

Aug 18 2010, 3:16 am rayNimagi Post #23

I don't play EM much since SC2 came out... but I played a round with Olimar today.

Quote from OlimarandLouie (while playing EM with me)
OlimarandLouie: I don't even wanna to host it anymore [Avatar Mafia]
rayNimagi: ok then
rayNimagi: that other guy
rayNimagi: norm
OlimarandLouie: I'm too tired and my brain hurts
rayNimagi: is already hosting another
rayNimagi: I don't think yours is going to get much farhter than mine
OlimarandLouie: I have to go to bed now... so tell him I gave him the go ahead
OlimarandLouie: and I'll close mine tomorrow
OlimarandLouie: or hand it over to someone else
OlimarandLouie: good night
rayNimagi: good nighty

Aug 18 2010, 6:06 am ToA Post #24

Que Sera, Sera.

Count me in.

Aug 18 2010, 2:43 pm Norm Post #25

Quote from ToA
Count me in.

Added.

Also, the mayor's night lives don't regenerate at all during the game. The boondock saint's super hit can take care of a Mayor if you really need him dead so much because it ignores hide.

None.

Aug 19 2010, 12:23 am modmaster50 Post #26

Ill join.

None.

Aug 19 2010, 12:38 am Norm Post #27

Quote from modmaster50
Ill join.

Alright man, you're in.

None.

Aug 19 2010, 5:08 am rayNimagi Post #28

Quote from Norm
Also, the mayor's night lives don't regenerate at all during the game. The boondock saint's super hit can take care of a Mayor if you really need him dead so much because it ignores hide.

Assuming the boondock saint is alive, and wants the mayor dead. Ah well, I just hope you balance this game good enough. Have you hosted any mafia games before (real life, other sites, etc.)?

Aug 19 2010, 4:41 pm lil-Inferno Post #29

Just here for the pie

IN.

Aug 19 2010, 4:45 pm Dem0n Post #30

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

I hope I'm mafia so I can kill you.

Aug 20 2010, 12:18 am OlimarandLouie Post #31

I'm in.

None.

Aug 20 2010, 2:43 am Norm Post #32

Quote from rayNimagi
Quote from Norm

Assuming the boondock saint is alive, and wants the mayor dead. Ah well, I just hope you balance this game good enough. Have you hosted any mafia games before (real life, other sites, etc.)?

Sometimes, man... You just gotta have faith.

Quote from lil-Inferno
IN.

Added.

Quote from name:Dem0nS1ayer
I hope I'm mafia so I can kill you.

Guarantee'd Mafia role costs five dollars.

Quote from OlimarandLouie
I'm in.

Indeed.

None.

Aug 21 2010, 4:43 pm Tempz Post #33

You cheeky greedy son of a bitch roles cost 5 bucks >:O

None.

Aug 21 2010, 11:30 pm Roy Post #34

Code
power overwhelming
Okay, now I'm ready.

How much time are you going to provide between closing sign-ups and starting the game? I may want to change my avatar sometime soon.

Aug 21 2010, 11:33 pm Norm Post #35

Well, we're going to need a few more players before anything. Then, I send the activity check PM, then assign roles, then post the intro story. Once the intro story is posted, I don't want avatars changed anymore.

None.

Aug 22 2010, 1:09 am TiKels Post #36

I'll play.

I have some questions though...

What if a person in a jail (unable to be hit) is attacked by a super hit (hit that never misses). It's like if an unstoppable force hits an unmovable object. Who wins? Mathematically 0.00 * 1.00 (percents put into decimal form) make 0.00 or 0%.

What is the point of the mafia doctor if the only Townie that can hit has a 100% chance of hitting. (Well, other than the zombie, or is that the purpose of the mafia doctor?)

Is the zombie townie aligned or not? Is he just a WTF-NOT-ALLIED character?

What stops the mayor from just bunking every single night... he could never die.

I am new to mafia, so please understand my noobishness K?

(More questions pending)

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Aug 22 2010, 1:33 am by TiKels.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Aug 22 2010, 2:05 am Norm Post #37

Quote from TiKels
I'll play.

I have some questions though...

What if a person in a jail (unable to be hit) is attacked by a super hit (hit that never misses). It's like if an unstoppable force hits an unmovable object. Who wins? Mathematically 0.00 * 1.00 (percents put into decimal form) make 0.00 or 0%.

What is the point of the mafia doctor if the only Townie that can hit has a 100% chance of hitting. (Well, other than the zombie, or is that the purpose of the mafia doctor?)

Is the zombie townie aligned or not? Is he just a WTF-NOT-ALLIED character?

What stops the mayor from just bunking every single night... he could never die.

I am new to mafia, so please understand my noobishness K?

(More questions pending)

1. You're added.

2. The point of superhit is that it ignores things like jail and hide. It always wins out over anything.

3. Well, he could pretend to be a town doctor by saving townies and then backstab them? Also, he can do normal hits instead if there's no need to protect.

4. Yes, Zombie is town aligned. All roles are town aligned unless they have the word 'Mafia" in them.

5. Hm, I actually made a typo. I meant to say that both of his abilities require a patrol man to be alive to use... I'll fix it now. Anyway, even if he bunked every night and never died, mafia would still win once they outnumber the town. (Plus, if the mayor needs to die, you could always lynch him or have the boondock saint take him out with Super Hit.)

6. K

EDIT: I also forgot to point out to you that the Zombie's vengeance attack is a guaranteed Kill as well.

None.

Aug 22 2010, 2:37 am TiKels Post #38

Oh you didn't say it reveals who saved someone from a hit...

Any other bits of knowledge like that that I could use?

When the mayor gets hit (and loses a life) will it have him have a "near death experience/dodge the bullet" or would it be more of a "you get fucked up but miraculously survive" ...

How long does it take the Hero to regenerate a life?

Does the zombie have the Townperson powers?

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Aug 22 2010, 5:21 pm Roy Post #39

Quote from TiKels
Oh you didn't say it reveals who saved someone from a hit...

Any other bits of knowledge like that that I could use?

When the mayor gets hit (and loses a life) will it have him have a "near death experience/dodge the bullet" or would it be more of a "you get fucked up but miraculously survive" ...

How long does it take the Hero to regenerate a life?

Does the zombie have the Townperson powers?
I can answer these...

1. Doctor role is not revealed. The mafia doctor could pretend to be a regular doctor and make it known that they saved someone.
2. You'll find out how the mayor loses lives when the time comes. The linguistics are irrelevant.
3. The hero regenerates a life once every 24 hours. This means the mafia would have to put two hits on the hero on the same night to kill him. The hero can also be lynched to be killed immediately, or killed by a single hit after he saves someone and becomes a regular townie.
4. The zombie is a regular townie until they are killed. When they die, they kill the person that killed them the next night. If they were lynched, they get to choose one person to kill. After that, they are out of the game.

Aug 22 2010, 5:31 pm Norm Post #40

^^All 100% Correct.

I guess we can go if we hit 16 players... if that ever happens.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 448 >
  Back to forum