Staredit Network > Forums > Serious Discussion > Topic: I am an Eco-terrorist.
I am an Eco-terrorist.
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Nov 13 2007, 4:24 am
By: yenku
Pages: < 1 « 5 6 7 8 >

Dec 6 2007, 8:34 pm Sael Post #121

Have you even read anything Yenku has posted at all??

Yes - that is why I replied. Selfishness can extend beyond you, yourself, to organizations related to you, such as school or family. If you had to choose between giving your family or another family $10,000, which would you choose? It's not technically giving yourself $10,000 because it goes to the family, but you still get to see the benefits.

Even if you are doing exactly what you're doing because of what you profess to be the why, you are still a very selfish person, looking out for your own self interests and self preservation in the ever so unlikely event that the world ends, and as you are out for yourself, I think we could all return the favor by not giving a damn so long as you don't affect my life. If you're not looking out for my best interests, what reason would I have to support your merry little band of rogues?

Great quote you have there, Kellimus. Maybe next time you could bother to read it before posting something out of your ass just to sound argumentative. Put since you insist on sounding like an idiot, here:
We are preparing ourselves to live off the land, through making shelter, gathering food, etc.

I see a whole of "us" and "we" and not enough of "everyone around." As I said, selfish. Not only does what Yenku said sound selfish, but the very way he describes it also sounds selfish.

None.

Dec 6 2007, 10:13 pm yenku Post #122

Quote from Felagund
Maybe you shouldn't call yourself an eco-terrorist. Call yourself a person trying to do something for the environment - you sound much less like an asshole.
It's a shame the word terrorism has such a horrible connotation even when it is for a good reason.

Quote from Felagund
Which gives you some god-given right to blow it up! Where have I heard that two wrongs do make a right? Oh yeah, nowhere.
I believe you missed some points I have made throughout this topic. Look at the situation from an objective standpoint: More people get to enjoy what is rightfully theirs without the dam while we at school alone, have a rejuvenated fish population and a beautiful pond. It only seems wrong to the family that had the dam. I would wholeheartedly agree that it would be wrong to destroy the dam IF the stream began and ended on their property, but it does not. It winds a great deal throughout the county and
made the small valley our school is in.

Quote from Felagund
But where was the public opinion that something be done about the dam they so illegally built? Where were the hordes of protesters outside City Hall?
It's called apathy. If you learn anything about the American public, you should learn that there is an over-abundance of apathy. Enough people just didn't care that the little creek behind their yard wasn't flowing, all they care about is their nice looking lawn and their next promotion.

Quote from Felagund
They used the land in whatever the Hell way they wanted to. You used the land in whatever the Hell way you wanted to.
They used it for what they wanted at the cost of the entire stream to everyone else. We do not block it for the hundreds of people downstream. Is that not clear in the rest of my comments?

Quote from Felagund
if you don't try to make it work, well, you're not helping it, are you?
True words. I do my best to contribute what I can. I also belief in rationality, and I think it more practical and rational to make a swift action on the matter. It hurts nothing except for the narrow minds of the few who owned the dam.

Quote from Kellimus
Are you sure they just didn't purchase a small amount of land, Yenku?
Yes, but even if they somehow could, that gives no justification to block a dam that runs through their property.

Quote from Felagund
Even if you are doing exactly what you're doing because of what you profess to be the why, you are still a very selfish person, looking out for your own self interests and self preservation in the ever so unlikely event that the world ends, and as you are out for yourself, I think we could all return the favor by not giving a damn so long as you don't affect my life. If you're not looking out for my best interests, what reason would I have to support your merry little band of rogues?
I have to explain myself more thoroughly, I see. My friend, "Smeynal" for a names sake, and I are working on two different things. The one that will remain a small group that trains for a grim future if we ever encounter it. At THAT point, we may feel it necessary to take full responsibility of overthrowing or breaking off from a certain power.
Since this idea has started, we have had another goal in mind: We wish to make a public organization will be one that writes up petitions, talks to people, raises money, spreads awareness, etc. about issues we feel are important and overlooked. We weren't sure at first if we would follow through with this, but we hope to at least make efforts to prevent total obliviousness to certain issues. I cannot currently say how broad the issues will be this covers, but I know we plan to do our part. I will say that the efforts we make will be a good thing to do from the objective standpoint, this is to avoid any egotism that could come up.

None.

Dec 6 2007, 11:37 pm frazz Post #123

Quote from Felagund
But where was the public opinion that something be done about the dam they so illegally built? Where were the hordes of protesters outside City Hall?
It's called apathy. If you learn anything about the American public, you should learn that there is an over-abundance of apathy. Enough people just didn't care that the little creek behind their yard wasn't flowing, all they care about is their nice looking lawn and their next promotion.

So, your answer is "Hey, you're right. Nobody cared."

None.

Dec 6 2007, 11:58 pm JordanN Post #124

Freaken sweet. The people didnt care but you instead "spoke out" for them and did the badness yourself.

None.

Dec 7 2007, 12:56 am Dapperdan Post #125

There are lots of things people disagree with that they do nothing about. Yenku did something. That is clearly a major core of his group; they are going to be do-er's. I'm starting to get annoyed that I have to explain all of yenku's postitions for you guys; he is making it plenty clear. If you would just accept what he's doing for what it is, and not what it is not, it might make more sense to you. Moving on...

Quote from frazz
So, your answer is "Hey, you're right. Nobody cared."

Quote from Jordann
Freaken sweet. The people didnt care but you instead "spoke out" for them and did the badness yourself.

No and no.

None.

Dec 7 2007, 1:12 am WoAHorde Post #126

Why bother Dapperdan? JordaN is simply too ignorant to understand, and frazz doesn't attempt to.

None.

Dec 7 2007, 1:19 am Dapperdan Post #127

I know, I know. :><:

None.

Dec 7 2007, 2:19 am frazz Post #128

You're so polite WoaHorde. Tactful too. (Like I'm one to talk. Then again, at least my posts have some element of argument, rather than being pure flame.)

The way yenku put it didn't sound like there was a lack of action, it sounded like nobody honestly cared.

Enough people just didn't care that the little creek behind their yard wasn't flowing, all they care about is their nice looking lawn and their next promotion.
Don't care?

None.

Dec 7 2007, 4:04 pm BeDazed Post #129

Also remember, try to collapse the entire dam. or they can easily fill it with cement. that harms environments too.

None.

Dec 8 2007, 5:25 am yenku Post #130

That's not really an issue. We already did it, and they wouldn't have the nerve to do it again. I mean they brought it to the police themselves with a complaint, now the cops are acknowledging it and would do something about it if they put it back up.

Anyway. I'm done with this thread. I wouldn't call it a complete disaster because now I fully understand how people will react to the whole idea. From this I learned that I really must make my goals clear and make them unmistakably for the good of all and not as rash decisions.

Peace.

None.

Dec 8 2007, 2:20 pm JordanN Post #131

Quote from WoAHorde
Why bother Dapperdan? JordaN is simply too ignorant to understand, and frazz doesn't attempt to.

Lets see
1. lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: an ignorant man.
2. lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: ignorant of quantum physics.
3. uninformed; unaware.
4. due to or showing lack of knowledge or training: an ignorant statement.

I'm sorry but that doesnt fit into the category. Now lets rephrase something shall we?
Enough people just didn't care that the little creek behind their yard wasn't flowing, all they care about is their nice looking lawn and their next promotion.

Hmm so enough people doesn't mean all of them but a majority of them really as mentioned didn't care.
And by the looks of it they wouldn't of cared about the creek anyway because they have better things to do then complain over water. Now when I meant "spoke out" I meant that Yenku clearly circled around the fact that people didnt care about the stream so instead he took a position of a "whole audience" that would of. But there was no audience to start out with because they didn't care.

In fact, Yenku is playing robin hood. He does what is bad to do what is good. But no one cared in the first place so his attempts where futile. And if you want me to define this for you WoaHorde and Dapper then here it is.
1. incapable of producing any result; ineffective; useless; not successful:

So now for you two, please stop using the word ignorant in a place that once again is not really meaning of anything.

None.

Dec 8 2007, 3:43 pm JaFF Post #132

JordanN, tell me, how often do you care for animal rights? Or homeless people? Or starving children in Africa? The fact that you don't care doesen't mean problem doesen't exist.

Yenku, if you want to spread awareness and get support from the people, remove the word "terrorist" from "eco-terrorist"...

None.

Dec 8 2007, 5:57 pm JordanN Post #133

Quote from JaFF
JordanN, tell me, how often do you care for animal rights? Or homeless people? Or starving children in Africa? The fact that you don't care doesen't mean problem doesen't exist.
Jaff are you trying to attack my authoritay?!?!?!

I care alot about animal rights, but not in a berserk PETA way. I believe those who torture animals "in the most unhumane thing ever" should be dead. Like in the news there was this guy who hooked up his dog to the car and while driving dragged him to death. That person should be put to death for that. But for things like KFC where they kill the chickens then believe me or not I pass. As long as the food is not tainted I dont care. But PETA as I compared the group to Yenku...
An illegal terrorist organization? Sweet mother of golly your like PETA. You disapprove of many things you think is wrong but when it comes to your back story you deny it.
In fact, your group reminds me of PETA. They blow up testing labs claiming its "bad" yet there chairman or high representitive is diabetic and she uses Insulin but guess what? That comes from animals which was first synthesized in animal labs.

Homeless people is a so,so. I wont just be like "hey, heres a $100. Make the best out of it" because I know the person will use it for drugs. But if it's like a homeless who really wants to get back up there then I'll give him a toonie.

Africa I don't give a shit. I'm not wasting any money for those dumbasses that are destroying there own continent. Those starving children you see you can blame on there parents who just sell out and kill themselves with A.I.D.S. China might be bad but at least they know how to fix themselves such as training doctors to go to foreign countries and try to save them. But when its Africa? Hell no.

But why should a person care for each of those things? Most of those situation happens on someone else's be half. You shouldn't be the ass and clean up for them.

None.

Dec 8 2007, 7:20 pm frazz Post #134

I hereby sever any perceived link between me and JordanN.

None.

Dec 8 2007, 7:41 pm JaFF Post #135

You used the fact that there were no people who openly speak against the dam as an argument against yenku, claiming that if they don't care he had no right to fix the problem. You failed, because the problem existed, and those people would do nothing. End of story.

Most people wake up only when the problem is knocking on their door...

None.

Dec 8 2007, 8:08 pm JordanN Post #136

Quote from JaFF
You used the fact that there were no people who openly speak against the dam as an argument against yenku, claiming that if they don't care he had no right to fix the problem. You failed, because the problem existed, and those people would do nothing. End of story.

Most people wake up only when the problem is knocking on their door...

Ahem. That's that whole damn point. What right gave him to go blow up the dam with no reasonable consent. He did it only on his be-half. If no one cares that the public stream wasn't running then what was point. Just so you can have it too? And what problem. It was only his problem, not anyone else's.

None.

Dec 8 2007, 8:31 pm Dapperdan Post #137

I hereby sever any perceived link between me and JordanN.

Took you long enough.

Jordann, you're an ignoramus. Stop trying to pretend you're not.

Quote from JordanN
Africa I don't give a shit. I'm not wasting any money for those dumbasses that are destroying there own continent. Those starving children you see you can blame on there parents who just sell out and kill themselves with A.I.D.S.

This is the type of stuff that belongs in a CAFG signature in order to mock you.

Stop replying to Jordann people, just stop, please.

None.

Dec 9 2007, 2:36 am JordanN Post #138

Quote from Dapperdan
Stop replying to Jordann people, just stop, please.

Leaving me a winner. Go ahead and support your thoughts and ideas, I'll stick to mine.
The fact that blowing up a dam to just get water flowing is a joke.
This is the type of stuff that belongs in a CAFG signature in order to mock you.
Because its true? Sure why not. And I don't see how it mocks me in fact I think its just showing my true opinion.

Anyway. I'm done with this thread. I wouldn't call it a complete disaster because now I fully understand how people will react to the whole idea. From this I learned that I really must make my goals clear and make them unmistakably for the good of all and not as rash decisions.

Peace.

Good. You started something for nothing.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Dec 9 2007, 2:43 am by JordanN.

None.

Dec 10 2007, 12:39 am yenku Post #139

You really are an ignoramus.
It's like you read what you want to read..
Good. You started something for nothing.
This is your quote JordanN, read what you responded to. You should see exactly what I mean.

For the last time...
only on his be-half.
And on behalf of the environment, the law (with good reason) and some people who actually do care. I didn't say no one cared, just not enough to start something big over it.

None.

Dec 10 2007, 2:07 am frazz Post #140

Quote from yenku
Anyway. I'm done with this thread.
I'm such a hypocrite. :D

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 5 6 7 8 >
  Back to forum