Immortal Defense
Aug 7 2010, 7:38 pm
By: xAngelSpiritx  

Aug 7 2010, 7:38 pm xAngelSpiritx Post #1

eternal lurker

A very unique game. The intro video pretty much sums it all up:

Immortal Defense Homepage

Here's my own review, if you'd like:

This is a very unique game, especially for its genre. Most tower defense games nowadays focus on gameplay and lack an in-depth storyline other than "kill the enemies". Immortal Defense, on the other hand, focuses on storyline, with a story spanning over 100 levels and six campaigns. Even the demo of the game has an impressive 30 levels--one-third of the entire game.
In addition to the storyline, the gameplay is also quite different. Instead of generic "ice tower", "fire tower", etc., each tower has its own personality that defines its attributes and special abilties. In the game, the towers are represented as aspects of your will, such as courage and fear, and each tower has its own special abilities. There is no "generic tower", each tower has special attributes.
This excerpt from the game intro captures the richness of the storyline fairly well:

"The Bavakh Empire had begun conquering our planets.
So the government sent my father into heaven, to defend us.
He gave up his body, his world, everything! All for us--
But how long would he be in heaven alone, fighting off the Bavakh? How many ships did they have?
When would he come back to us?"

In short, Immortal Defense is the most unique game I have ever played.

Screenshots

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Aug 8 2010, 7:08 pm by xAngelSpiritx.

None.

Options
  Back to forum