Staredit Network > Forums > General StarCraft > Topic: No Hunters FFA!
No Hunters FFA!
Jul 14 2010, 12:19 am
By: OlimarandLouie  

Jul 14 2010, 12:19 am OlimarandLouie Post #1

Welcome one and all, to the SECOND unofficial No-Hunters FFA. This is not meant for the sane mind, nor for a serious melee player. It is instead a tradition handed down from generation to generation of Starcraft players, and has originally been written on the ancient texts, which contains all of the rules (of which there are none) and can be found here.

The date for this game will be on Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 5 PM Pacific /// 6 PM Mountain /// 7 PM Central /// 8 PM Eastern US Time Zones. This doesn't necessarily mean that the game will start at that exact time, but that is when I will host the game and wait for all of you to come. The server will be USeast.

We will be playing on Confession I

Now, since there are only 7 slots available (1 for myself :bleh: ) there will be blood- I mean, reservations needed if you wish to join and not get kicked. Just post below that you wish to play, that is all. The system will work as follows:
- If you have signed up to play, I promise you that you will not be kicked to make room for others.
- If you have not signed up to play, and someone who did wishes to play... BAN'd.
- If the maximum amount of players has been exceeded on the sign up list, First come; First serve.
- Improvisation will probably be needed...

Those Signed Up
- OlimarandLouie
- l)ark_ssj9kevin
- Wing Zero
- ClansAreForGays
- Fat_Flying_Pigs
- MadZombie
-

Quote from name:The Rules
The Rules

Rule 1:

There are no rules. Not even this one, it's just a placeholder telling you that there are no rules. So reading this was completely and utterly pointless.

Explanation of the lack of rules:

So you are confused? Ok... It's ok. We can't all be born with an IQ over 70.

Everything goes. Every tactic. Every rush. Every piece of filthy rotten cheese that your fudged up brain can think of. Every humiliating, torturing sleazy bit of disgusting Starcraft you dare put your hands on.
Form alliances, backstab, it doesn't matter. Once the counter hits zero you enter a different dimension. One where you have no friends and are only fighting to survive. Everything can be said, done and plotted. Everything you say on VoIP, chat or maybe even a quick phonecall or e-mail. Everything goes. Say GG and not mean it, back off and build up a deathfleet of carriers. It's allowed. Think of it, it's ALLOWED.
There will be no timer, so GOGOGO 4 POOL ZERG RUSH!!!1!@@!!

One last rule: The winner is determined by the player with the longest replay time. Essentially you do whatever it takes to live the longest.

-(7)Confession I

Download

Enjoy :awesome:

Post has been edited 10 time(s), last time on Jul 20 2010, 3:12 pm by OlimarandLouie.

None.

Jul 14 2010, 12:38 am l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #2

Just here for the activity... well not really

I'm in.

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Jul 16 2010, 3:52 pm Wing Zero Post #3

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

Ill probably be the first one out but I'll bite

Jul 16 2010, 5:23 pm ClansAreForGays Post #4

I'll be there if I'm not working

Jul 16 2010, 7:57 pm fat_flying_pigs Post #5

I'm in.
But does no rules mean hacking :D? Can I drop hack the player attacking me :D?

None.

Jul 17 2010, 6:58 pm OlimarandLouie Post #6

Quote from fat_flying_pigs
I'm in.
But does no rules mean hacking :D? Can I drop hack the player attacking me :D?
Hacks were not around when the ancient texts were written in 1998, so no :-_-:

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 17 2010, 10:43 pm by OlimarandLouie.

None.

Jul 19 2010, 1:32 pm MadZombie Post #7

SINE ME UP

HEAVEN OR HELL LET'S ROCK :sneaky:

None.

Jul 19 2010, 6:33 pm Excalibur Post #8

The sword and the faith

Its funny looking at my old work and how much better I've become since. Still, all my older maps are special to me and Confession was the first map my mod ProtoCraft was ever played on. Those were good times, mod nights and all.

I can't attend due to port issues but I hope you all have a good time.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Jul 19 2010, 6:40 pm OlimarandLouie Post #9

Quote from Excalibur
Its funny looking at my old work and how much better I've become since. Still, all my older maps are special to me and Confession was the first map my mod ProtoCraft was ever played on. Those were good times, mod nights and all.

I can't attend due to port issues but I hope you all have a good time.
Thanks for making the map, man I wish you could come.

None.

Jul 20 2010, 3:27 pm Roy Post #10

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Maybe you should have the map downgraded to the first version of SC and host on a private server. That would certainly be more 1998ish (minus the server, but you have to join the game somehow). Besides, that would bring back all of the exploits that were patched after discovery, such as drone floating, templar floating, and stacking Zerg units.
Quote from OlimarandLouie
Neither was Brood War. Is this a SC Original game?

Jul 20 2010, 3:44 pm OlimarandLouie Post #11

Quote from Roy
Maybe you should have the map downgraded to the first version of SC and host on a private server. That would certainly be more 1998ish (minus the server, but you have to join the game somehow). Besides, that would bring back all of the exploits that were patched after discovery, such as drone floating, templar floating, and stacking Zerg units.
Quote from OlimarandLouie
Neither was Brood War. Is this a SC Original game?
It was just a fancy way of saying "no hacks." :|
We'll be using Brood War of course...

None.

Jul 20 2010, 11:54 pm OlimarandLouie Post #12

It's starting soon. Come to op sen @us east

None.

Options
  Back to forum