Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: Touhou Hisoutensoku
Touhou Hisoutensoku
Jul 2 2010, 3:20 am
By: Phobos
Pages: < 1 « 10 11 12 13 1419 >

Dec 15 2010, 1:04 pm Phobos Post #221

Are you sure about that?

That is a hard question. I have no idea to be honest.

this is signature

Dec 15 2010, 2:26 pm Sand Wraith Post #222

she/her

I'll get a (cheap, ~$10; I'm breaking $20 heats every few days ;_;) microphone on his behalf, and then we play HoN and Touhou, and I'll cast a few Touhou games against Phobos. (I think Phobos already has a mic.)

I was already planning to get a mic, though, so it's mostly for the "Hydro will cast games with Phobos." Will do it even if there is lag. And it doesn't have to be a Touhou match either. Maybe a D2 run (we killed Andariel, already)?
I'll need some suggestions for using FRAPS (3.x) though, to optimize it. (E.g. how to increase FPS of games and video???? Should I use another computer physically connected to the network as a temporary HDD for dumping videos, so I can reserve my main computer's HDD for gaming? etc.)

I'll help Phobos do something.

Or maybe he'll just give you a blowjob :awesome: .

Oh, I know, I could always cast myself screaming with Reimu B, Lunatic, in EoSD? But I'm probably not very entertaining. :(

Dec 15 2010, 2:36 pm Phobos Post #223

Are you sure about that?

We should get Mesk to play EoSD. I can imagine him screaming about those weird hitboxes.

this is signature

Dec 15 2010, 2:39 pm Sand Wraith Post #224

she/her

I think the only bullet that still really confuses me is Sakuya's knives. FUCKING NIGHTMARES. The big glowy ones are ez.

I'm using the hitbox patch, though. Also, should I bother with reskins? Hmmm...

-

EDIT:

I could always donate minerals.

Dec 15 2010, 2:44 pm Phobos Post #225

Are you sure about that?

I am playing it without reskins and v-sync :P

this is signature

Dec 15 2010, 3:00 pm Sand Wraith Post #226

she/her

Quote from Phobos
I am playing it without reskins and v-sync :P

I don't think I'm playing with any reskins, only the hitbox patch for the character. What is v-sync? What is this (You're not using it, right? Did I read that right?)

Dec 15 2010, 6:40 pm Phobos Post #227

Are you sure about that?

Not using it. It is a patch that improves movement in some way, apparently.

this is signature

Dec 16 2010, 11:52 pm Sand Wraith Post #228

she/her

Loveless, if you want to play at a higher level, going to channel #hisouten on irc.rizon.net is a good place to start getting better. Go: http://swr.guuchan.com/

The links at the bottom of the page (such as to the wiki) are useful.

Dec 17 2010, 7:00 pm Sand Wraith Post #229

she/her

I have no idea if I already posted this, but the video is so sweet it gets me every time. ;_; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMPQWjb0rZo

and (I think I've posted a different version of this before): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS6IT9UMC8U

EDIT:
Touhou group in HoN: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/group.php?groupid=272
Touhou clan in HoN: http://clans.heroesofnewerth.com/clan/Toho

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Dec 18 2010, 6:54 am by Sand Wraith.

Dec 18 2010, 6:53 pm Sand Wraith Post #230

she/her

Aw yea triple post.

As it turns out, I can use FRAPS to record Soku replays perfectly (as far as I can tell).

Thus, I can cast replays, but I can't record my reactions in-game (which, admittedly, have gotten a bit dry every since I got better :awesome: ).

I might upload a test later today.

Dec 18 2010, 10:41 pm MadZombie Post #231

Your reactions in game? What do you mean? Also how will you cast a game like this. I'd imagine if you were casting anyone worth while you'd be tripping all over your casting with the speed of things happening. I'd imagine at least.

although what you could do I guess is after showing through the video you could then go back to highlights of the match and then go like "see now if this noob did this" and then circle the screen like John madden "He would not have been hit with that 5 card. Wutta noob"

Also those matches I had with Aristo today really got me going. Even though I rode Aristo school bus (he took me to school ;_;) I got pretty close. I think their were like two matches where it was sudden death next hit wins. Fucking adrenaline rush. IT reminded me why I enjoyed playing this game to begin with. Cool stuff man.

None.

Dec 18 2010, 11:33 pm Sand Wraith Post #232

she/her

It's better to play with people close to your skill level because they help you get better plus you can still have fun.

E.g. I could probably demolish you so quickly and utterly that it would be no fun at all. On the other hand, if you have the will to try, you can still learn a lot more. I bet, anyway.

I'm uploading Aristo vs Phobos ATM.

Once the video finishes uploading, I'll give you guys the link. The video is unlisted, because, frankly, I did a bad job of casting and the game was boring. No offense. :awesome:

-

Warning: I suck at soku. Don't take anything I say too seriously.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 19 2010, 12:08 am by Sand Wraith.

Dec 19 2010, 12:20 am MadZombie Post #233

Herro everywun. This is sen reths from starlet network.
:|

None.

Dec 19 2010, 12:24 am Sand Wraith Post #234

she/her

It mite be mai mike, but I willru rook into it eh-nee wae. (That is, enunciating myself clearly.)

I have a feeling that I should turn down the game volume and scream into my mic, too.

Dec 19 2010, 12:29 am Phobos Post #235

Are you sure about that?

>attack after fanspin

Yeah and then Aristo uses the only kind of spellcard he has.

this is signature

Dec 19 2010, 12:34 am Sand Wraith Post #236

she/her

His reaction time is too slow to counter.

Dec 19 2010, 12:34 am Aristocrat Post #237

I really only picked Yuyuko because I had this on loop for the last 4 hours:

But yeah. Here, cast this actually decent game (also use SWRSToys's replayInputViewer). Pretend that's you and me :3

Attachments:
2222_youmu-alice.rep
Hits: 2 Size: 32.05kb

None.

Dec 19 2010, 12:38 am MadZombie Post #238

You should cast a game where I'm in it. I'm so noob you could easily pick apart and criticize me. ;_;

None.

Dec 19 2010, 1:05 am Phobos Post #239

Are you sure about that?

I feel butt devestated.

this is signature

Dec 19 2010, 1:38 am Sand Wraith Post #240

she/her

Quote from Aristocrat
SWRSToys's replayInputViewer

what is this and how to use

Options
Pages: < 1 « 10 11 12 13 1419 >