Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Mapping Tools > Topic: TinyMap and my Map
TinyMap and my Map
Jun 26 2010, 12:47 pm
By: Kimaru2  

Jun 26 2010, 12:47 pm Kimaru2 Post #1

Hooray for weird errors! Seriously. I decided to have some fun and create an OMFG The Lurkers map in half an hour, and now I'm playing it on bnet. I've added a few sounds, pumping it to around 230 KB, but I had TinyMap compress it to about 110 KB. All was working fine, until I added a couple extra things to the map, in which TinyMap refused to compress it and instead crashed while trying to compress it. Take a look at the things I've done to solve this issue:

Scenario: Since the last working compression, I added 19 Floor Missile Traps, 2 triggers, and the constant subtraction of 1 death counter. I've tried:

Renaming the filename - didn't work
Undoing the few additions mentioned above and renaming it - worked, but not what I want
compressed a larger random rpg map - TinyMap works fine
compressed a random small map - TinyMap works fine

What is this I don't even... here are the 2 versions.

Pictures:

The Floor Missile Traps

The 2 triggers

The 1 death counter

Attachments:
OMFG The Lurkers!.scx
Hits: 2 Size: 231.27kb

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jun 26 2010, 12:53 pm by Kimaru2.

None.

Jun 26 2010, 1:09 pm Ahli Post #2

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

I moved this to the Map Editing Tools section.

Are you using the latest version of TinyMap?
If not, try the latest version (can be found somewhere in this forum).
If you are using that version, Farty will fix it.

Farty has implemented a few bugs which we have to discover.

Jun 26 2010, 1:16 pm Kimaru2 Post #3

I downloaded the version from Farty's signature.

v2.0

None.

Jun 26 2010, 1:28 pm Wormer Post #4

They all are v2.0, look up the release date.

Some.

Jun 26 2010, 2:35 pm Kimaru2 Post #5

Uploaded Feb 23, 2010, Updated Mar 16, 2010

None.

Jun 26 2010, 4:50 pm Roy Post #6

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Latest version was released 6 days ago.
http://www.staredit.net/topic/10081/
(Direct Link)

It worked perfectly fine when I tried to compress it. 112kb.

Jun 26 2010, 9:09 pm Kimaru2 Post #7

I still get the error

I tried it twice. The first time it spit out a 160 byte file, the second time (the picture seen below) it spit out a 112 KB file

Here are the errors as of now:
TinyMap still crashes when I try to compress the map I posted in the first post
TinyMap crashes instantly when I attempt to open the Civilization World map attached below
TinyMap works perfectly fine on ETEFT's 1.4 MB Legends and Legacies

Attachments:
(7)CivilizationWorld 7.9.9D.scx
Hits: 1 Size: 457.19kb

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 26 2010, 9:18 pm by Kimaru2.

None.

Jun 26 2010, 9:14 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #8

👻 👾 👽 💪

Woah. Look at the New Size for the WAVs ... That's not right. (Each being an unsigned -1.)

Try highlighting all of the WAVs in the Advanced Options and unchecking "Compress WAV File". It compressed just fine for me, so I don't know what else to tell you.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jun 26 2010, 9:21 pm Kimaru2 Post #9

Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]

Try highlighting all of the WAVs in the Advanced Options and unchecking "Compress WAV File". It compressed just fine for me, so I don't know what else to tell you.

Still, to no avail.

None.

Jun 26 2010, 9:27 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #10

👻 👾 👽 💪

Well according to the image you posted, it is apparently compressing the chk (raw map data) just fine, but it isn't saving the wavs properly because their size is -1.

Also that (7)CivilizationWorld 7.9.9D.scx is apparently protected, and that may be why it crashes.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jun 26 2010, 9:37 pm Kimaru2 Post #11

It'll compress my lurker map if I take the wavs out, or keep the drawsword.wav but it'll crash if i add any others. Also my Sunken defense map that I added sounds to earlier, compressed just fine. Now it, too, crashes when I try to compress :><:

None.

Jun 28 2010, 12:43 am Lanthanide Post #12

If it works fine for Farty, but not for you, then again I guess this is the weird Vista/Windows 7 problem that I'd had with both ScmDraft and TinyMap. Since Farty is using XP, this makes it pretty much impossible for him to reproduce and fix.

My tinymap problem is that eventually it would refuse to compress my map (even old versions of the map which it previously had compressed fine)- it'd create file that was 0 bytes, or the size of the wav files, or sometimes not produce any output at all, although it never crashed. Looking at the program in process explorer showed that it had a massive memory leak, chewing up 2.1gig in a couple of seconds. Eventually the solution was to compress a few other, different maps, and then go back to compressing my one - works fine. No amount of fiddling with compatibility settings made any difference.

So try compressing a few other maps, also try some plain-old Blizzard melee maps. Then see if it'll work on your map again.

None.

Jun 28 2010, 2:57 am Kimaru2 Post #13

Apparently, it's working again.

None.

Options
  Back to forum