Triiger Help
Aug 31 2007, 1:32 pm
By: janjulien  

Aug 31 2007, 1:32 pm janjulien Post #1

I want to know how the trigger switch functions...
tnx in advance :D :D :D

None.

Aug 31 2007, 4:15 pm Demented Shaman Post #2

Each switch has two states, set and clear. This is analogous to a light bulb which can be on or off.

With conditions you can detect if a switch is in the set or cleared state. Therefore, you can make a trigger run only when the switch is cleared, or only if it's set.

With actions you can change the state of a switch. You can set, clear, toggle, or randomize the switch.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 31 2007, 4:16 pm by devilesk.

None.

Aug 31 2007, 5:20 pm frazz Post #3

Example:

Condition: kills >= 50
Action: Set switch 1

Condition: Switch = set
Action: Victory!

None.

Aug 31 2007, 10:18 pm Falkoner Post #4

A switch can be cleared, set, randomized, and toggled.

Clear: Clear will automatically set the switch to clear state, which can be detected through conditions, this is the setting the game starts all switches on.

Set: Set will automatically set the switch to set state, which can be detected through conditions.

Randomize: This will randomly make the switch cleared or set, therefore it is only an action.

Toggle: This will make a set switch clear, and a clear switch set.

Basically, they are a variable that can either be 1 or 0.

None.

Aug 31 2007, 10:28 pm Money Post #5

Kinda like binary.

/me had computer class today.

None.

Aug 31 2007, 10:34 pm Falkoner Post #6

Lol, the way you randomize more than 2 outcomes with switches is more like binary than anything :P

None.

Aug 31 2007, 10:40 pm Money Post #7

I feel smarts now!

janjulien if you have any more trouble I suggest you get specific with the map. This isn't specific though, you were just wondering on how they worked?

None.

Sep 1 2007, 1:04 am Ei47 Post #8

Switches are just like markers for triggers. all switches start cleared. o.O when i was first doing maps, i thought each switch related to it's number like switch 1 = trigger 1 XD but they can be used for anything. If you still don't get it you could just use physical switches like creating flags in an isolated corner.

None.

Sep 1 2007, 12:05 pm Akar Post #9

They are much like a light
switch (hence "switch"). There are two settings, set or clear. This is the equivalent
to on or off. The off is the same as clear, and the on is the same as set. In this
tutorial, I will refer to them as set or clear.
Switches always start on clear, never for get this.
There is a condition that allows things to happen if it is clear, or set. This can be
easily tested using StarEdit. There is also an action that allows you to make a
switch set or clear and two others. The two others are toggle and randomize.
If you toggle a switch it goes to the opposite 'position', if it is clear it will become
set and if it is set it will become clear. The randomize makes the switch go to
a completely random 'position', no matter what state the switch is it, it will
either remain in that state or change.
^ Complete thing. Switches are only useful for storing data or randomizing, so I bet you really don't need them.

None.

Sep 1 2007, 3:08 pm Falkoner Post #10

They are a more organized way of storing data than death-counts, just less efficient and they are really annoying to use for randomization.

None.

Options
  Back to forum