Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Computer forces do nothing despite AI scripts
Computer forces do nothing despite AI scripts
Jun 15 2010, 7:14 pm
By: kennedy_m  

Jun 17 2010, 10:44 pm NudeRaider Post #21

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Because melee AI scripts override one another.
But afaik some scripts can be mixed. For example, you could try "campaign xxx" and "expansion yyy".
However you can't mix races at all. The computer will only properly use AI scripts that fit his race setting or are independent of race.

Jun 18 2010, 11:12 am kennedy_m Post #22

sure I'm understanding this fully...

Someone on here said that AI scripts with the Expansion predicate meant that that script is for a secondary town, however the help guide in m Campaign Editor states that that only means that that script will use the new units available in Brood War. ??

Also: So does that mean I can have only one computer opponent in a map, or can I do multiple opponents, as long as they are of the same race? And if the later is true, can I run multiple AI scripts that are the same, or do they have to be different (but still for the same race).

I hope my questions make sense lol. I only started playing Starcraft a few months ago, and I've only been using the Campaign Editor a few weeks hahaha. So I really appreciate the advice! :)

None.

Jun 18 2010, 11:59 am NudeRaider Post #23

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

An expansion script is what the name suggests: The computer expands to another mineral spot to get more ressources for more units. What units he will build and when is still governed by the main script.
So no, it's not a 2nd player.

Oct 22 2017, 5:55 pm furyblue Post #24

Quote from kennedy_m
Wow guys, thanks for the help! :) I can't wait to get
home and try tha stuff out. Hopefully I have some luck! Lol

Does anyone know why I can't seem to run two AI scripts at the same time?

I guess you may have checked the `Random start location` in forces panel right? Try unchecking it.

BTW, I know it's been 7 years so this reply is actually for someone who might came across similar issue in the future :w00t:

None.

Oct 22 2017, 6:44 pm Pauper Post #25

Lol nice necro. I just had this same problem. The computer player has about 14 serf units and was terrain. After swapping the ai computer with someone who had 0 pre placed units it worked. You have to also make sure that they can do everything (build all units, upgrades, tech. Etc). If they try and make A marine but can't because it's disabled the script will halt and not process anything else.

Alias: Oo.Pauper.oO - Mp)Madness - Bitz - p00pyjoel

Options
  Back to forum