May 28 2010, 11:36 pm
By: ClansAreForGays
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 6 >

Jun 7 2010, 2:07 pm junonrunon Post #61

Sign me up Baalin911 as without a team

None.

Jun 7 2010, 7:23 pm Azrael Post #62

CAFG,

Someone told me that the reason you need the hallucinations removed is because the LM can hallucinate other LM and then uses an ability, and the spell is cast at the hallucination instead. They were letting me know because the system I posted before seems to have a delay, which is true because I didn't take the additional time to optimize it. I even put in the mission briefing that it would take 5 seconds ^^ Of course it can be sped up as much as you want easily by duplicating the triggers into the same trigger cycle, it could be sped up to the point of removing all LM hallucinations on the map every 0.084 seconds.

However, if what they said is the case, there's a pretty simple way to fix it which is even more reliable, and you don't even need the mobile grid map scanning system I posted before. All you have to do is have these triggers run before the ability is used:

(Keep in mind that "Current player uses LM ability" means, the conditions that trigger the use of the ability. Whatever the conditions are for the actual ability (building a Zealot or whatever), they go here.)

Trigger 1
CONDITIONS:
-Current player uses LM ability.
ACTIONS:
-Center 1x1 location on LM.

Trigger 2
CONDITIONS:
-Current player uses LM ability.
-Current player brings exactly 0 LM to 1x1 location.
ACTIONS:
-Kill all LM at 1x1 location for current player.

You copy these 2 triggers for however many hallucinated LMs they might have when they cast an ability, if you want the ability to be cast within 1 trigger cycle. If you have these 2 triggers run 6 times, and the player has 12 hallucinated LMs centered on before their real LM, then it will take the spell an additional 0.084 seconds to cast than normal.

Then all you have to do is add this condition to the normal LM abilities:

-Current player brings exactly 1 LM to 1x1 location.

With this system it will keep killing their LM hallucinations until it is centered on the real one, and then cast the ability. If the most hallucinations they can ever have at any given time (due to energy limitations) is 6, then just copy the first 2 triggers 6 times and their abilities will still be used instantaneously.

This system is also extremely simple. It will take less time to implement than it took me to write this post, it only needs 1 location, and it's impossible to fool.

Jun 7 2010, 9:02 pm ClansAreForGays Post #63

I did that already a long time ago.

Jun 7 2010, 9:05 pm Azrael Post #64

Well then why would you say people can't hallucinate other LMs? The system is 100% reliable.

Jun 8 2010, 4:17 am Decency Post #65

Quote from name:Azrael.Wrath
Quote from name:FaZ-
That's wonderful, but you're missing the point. There will be these issues no matter how much time you spend triggering unwieldy systems
Wow, really? Pretty sure you're the one missing the point. I said if something can be triggered that it should be triggered, such as not hallucinating LMs. You said we shouldn't worry about it because it probably can't be detected, due to StarCraft's severe limitations which I "may or may not be aware of," and you cited an example of something else that people are able to exploit due to said limitations.

Then I designing a system to do it, to show you a concrete example of how it can be done, which can run while using a whopping 6 locations and no preplaced units, and you come back to continue arguing the point with "We can't fix everything so we shouldn't fix anything"?

Really? That's not a very useful ideology. By that logic, we may as well not even trigger Victory or Defeat conditions, we'll just say that you lose when your temple is gone, and the losers should at that point stop fighting and resign from the game. But we do trigger it, because it's easy to do so. The only reason to not trigger what's possible to trigger is to spend less time working on the map, and that's the only reason there is.

By the way, if you're going to go out of your way to be disagreeable just for the sake of doing so, starting your replies with flippant comments like "that's wonderful," you could at least not blatantly fabricate things in the process. I know it seemed like it'd be cool to throw in a snide comment about "unwieldy systems" along with your thoroughly sarcastic attitude, but there is no definition that exists for "unwieldy" that would describe a system which can run off 6 locations and no preplaced units. If you're going to be insulting then at least do it truthfully.

Anyways, it was my original intention to point out a way in which the map could be improved in general. It's easier to list the rules in the briefing than to trigger them, but the ones that can be triggered should be, in my opinion. To say that some of the items on that list can't be perfectly implemented is a valid reason to not trigger any of them is naive at best and ridiculous regardless.

If you still find my viewpoint unpalatable, then I apologize that our thoughts on the subject couldn't be confluent.
I couldn't care less whether you think I'm being disagreeable. Your initial argument was:
Honestly I think it's bad practice to institute soft rules. If you can't trigger it into the map then you shouldn't be requiring it of the players.
Disproving that for one specific example doesn't change the fact that that viewpoint is not practical. Big picture, not one example. I find that system incredibly unwieldy and at times very slow, even with hyper triggers. When the LM's hallucinated were to the bottom right of the hero, it sometimes took a good second to get rid of them even with hypers. I'd call that "unwieldy." If it works, awesome, one less thing that we have to worry about. But that doesn't change the point that I was countering, which is your ideology, not your example.

None.

Jun 8 2010, 4:34 pm Azrael Post #66

1) I've explained multiple times now the map is not using an optimized version of the system. It can be made to remove hallucinations fast enough for you to not perceive a delay, and I even took the time to explain how already. The reason I didn't optimize it myself is because it would take additional time which isn't necessary to convey the idea. Anyone who understands triggers will open the map and understand both how it works and how to make it run smoothly.

2) It doesn't matter either way, the system is unnecessary along with the rule, because there's apparently already triggers in place which are 100% fail proof. I don't understand why a rule was ever instituted if the system has been triggered for "a long time" now.

Jun 8 2010, 11:20 pm Changeling Post #67

lol azrael just ignore faz

he always does these arguments then he announces that he will leave

None.

Jun 9 2010, 1:22 am Azrael Post #68

Quote from Changeling
lol azrael just ignore faz

he always does these arguments then he announces that he will leave
Lmao alright, good to know ^^

Jun 9 2010, 7:56 pm 24million Post #69

DT_Espo and Caranthir

My friends are making me sign them up...they will probably get a third before the tournament.

EDIT: Their third is Kingzilla

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 11 2010, 4:49 pm by 24million.

None.

Jun 9 2010, 9:58 pm Program Post #70

Dante(divinecomedy), ThedarKOne, and I are a team.

There's also a glitch with the Mech dying when changing to L3. I've seen it two times, but it occurs rarely.

None.

Jun 10 2010, 11:13 am Wing Zero Post #71

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

Sign me up, I can do well with every hero except for Volt (he's too fat)

Jun 11 2010, 10:45 pm Decency Post #72

Reps/Link to forum topic? Can't find it under CAFG's topic lists.

None.

Jun 12 2010, 1:40 am ClansAreForGays Post #73

for what

Jun 12 2010, 10:24 pm Mewuvmyself Post #74

I'll join this tourny.

I don't have a team but i''ll go on the free market if any1 needs some1

None.

Jun 13 2010, 12:33 pm Decency Post #75

Oh lol just kidding I thought it was last week since this tourney immediately got front page owned by the next tourney. =p

None.

Jun 14 2010, 3:51 am Mewuvmyself Post #76

actually me Tod_the_Rod are gonna be a team we'll need a 3rd (not picky)

None.

Jun 16 2010, 5:37 am xRoffle Post #77

Sign me up as teamless, but I'm going to begin looking for a team.

None.

Jun 16 2010, 7:25 pm Program Post #78

I've been ipbanned from USEast for a while now, so I may not be able to play. If my team and our opponents can hop over to USWest for a quick sec when we're playing, that could work as well.

None.

Jun 17 2010, 4:11 am OpNFLx Post #79

Hey we have a change to our original team(PRiSM)JuKe(, 19_M.Austin, Elendil)
Elendil is on a vacation, so he will be unable to play, so can our team be changed to:
Prism)Juke( - Capt
19_M.Austin
I2uthless
And if we can have a reserve/change our team near tourny starting time incase one of us are not on, can we have GuyGun on res.

None.

Jun 17 2010, 5:39 am ClansAreForGays Post #80

That's no problem.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 6 >
  Back to forum