Temple Siege Tournament #6, Good bye spawn wins!
Post #1 ClansAreForGays May 28 2010, 11:36 pm
SEN Temple Siege Tournament
Hosted By: ClansAreForGaysDate: 6/17/10 (Thursday)
Time: 6:00PM EST
Place: USeast in channel Op SEN
Wally_, FH-mappo, FH-JackHerer
Rules & Regulations
- All teams must designate 1 Captain (hopefully the most active of the team) to represent them.
- The captain must have a SEN account, the remaining members however, do not.
- Single elimination. No Bo3.
- We will all be playing the Tournament's official version: http://www.staredit.net/?download=2220
- If you lost your match (and didn't host), but the version you played was not the official one - you may request a rematch.
- There will be NO hacks, spoofs or other starcraft modifications tolerated.
- You may not wall-in your spawn.
- You may not manually click attack your spawn with fast attack animation units like mech, you may 'team splash' your own spawn with storm, archon/fbat attack, lurkerbombing, mech's tanks, reavers, etc. 'team splashing' means you are attacking an enemy unit, your own comps spawn just happen to be close enough to die from the splash also. The only instance you are allowed to purposely kill your own team's spawn is if they are blocking your path. Neutral/P12 units are allowed to be killed by anyone at any time.
- Player summon killing is more strict. You may not 'team splash' player summons(medics,goblins,etc). Only the occasional accident is allowed. Killing an ally's medics because the player "is a noob feeding them" does not qualify as a valid reason, and will result in DQ.
- If you end end up with a glitched unit from a spell cast like a Valkyrie, leave it at the back of your base or suicide it.
- Teams will consist of 3 players.
- These rules are not finalized and are subject to change, including new rules, removal of previous rules, or modifications to all rules.
- Let me be clear: You won't be charged for taking advantage of anything else that you might have invented and is widely unknown. I don't punish ingenuity and thinking outside the box.
- Latency has to be low, and the no players can lag.
- you can not be forced to play more than 3 games in 1 night. If the tourny cant finish in 3 rounds, you have the OPTION of postponing your match for another day, or getting a sub.
- The winning team of a match must show me, or at least let me download the replay (I save them, and host them)
- If you think glitching or cheating has taken place in your game, you must play the game out. The replay/screenshots will just be checked.
- It should go without saying, but suiciding your own unit into enemy cannons, your own splash damage, or storm to deny the other team experience is allowed.
- Light Mages may not hallucinate each other. If you do, and any sort of glitch arises from it, your team loses.
Teams (Red are unconfirmed; no check-in)
- OlimarandLouie, MEMEME670, Changeling
- RetroSpect(aka Daggoth), Jakamakala, Daddywhoo
- PRiSM)JuKe(, 19_M.Austin, I2uthless
- DT_Espo, Caranthir, KINGZILLA
- ThedarKOne, Dante(divinecomedy) (2)
- Mewuvmyself, Tod_The_Rod (2)
Players without Teams:
- Wing Zero
When you guys have selected people to form teams then notify me with PM or here.
M9 is based off of M8, so if you play M8 then you're going to have an easy transition. The biggest change is that each team can have 1 of any hero, regardless of what the other team selects. Rine was too powerful with his lv3 in M8, so it fires 1 less shot now. For too long spawn rushing = win in tournaments, so it's gone. Another new features is Enemy spawn increasing. Your team can spend 3 civs to make ur enemy's warp gates pump out and extra spawn each wave. It should pay for itself after about 8 minutes. Medic has a new lv1 by default that makes it hard for noobs to feed with her, but you can have the classic lv1 if you suicide your infested terran at the top in the first 30 seconds. The new 1 spawns a medic at each of your allies to heal around 90 hp, then removes itself. Double casting increases the time and heals the healing spirit. Her Lv4 now heals +3 levels of HP more than it used to. Summoner now can get his goblin speed and attack speed with his 2nd and 3rd spell level. Lv4 has also been boosted. Abyssal demons(max 4) are immune to Warrior lv3, and the can only die 1 at a time by other kill effects. Mech's lv2 rail gun only fires while mech is moving, but it doesn't block your path. The mutant lv3, and assasin lv1 no longer channel. LM's lv3 does not take as long to go off now. Assault's lv1 now does a slow drain, and lv4 no longer has a pre-spell effect (so you can be sneaky). Gates take 100s longer to respawn. No more invincibilty at temple, you heal every 7 seconds. This means summoner is not safe at temple against a dt late game.
If you play 3.4 ~ Well I made 3.4, but this is definitely not 3.4. Just trust that if I was able to balance 3.4, I can balance this.
Is it too late for me to sign up?
Never. Even if you can't make it at 6PM, you can be made a sub for someone who left early. If you can't stay too late, still play for as long as you can, you will just be subbed out.
How can I sign up?
At the most, post in this topic that you want to sign up (preferably with a team). At the least, just show up!
I'm not coming cuz I can't get a pro team together, or, There's no way I'm gonna win.
Who cares! Just come and have some fun!
This post was edited 25 times, last edit by ClansAreForGays: Jun 28 2010, 4:58 pm.
Post #14 Ultraviolet May 31 2010, 10:21 am
You have to be kidding me? Hell yeah hello to spawn wins. You should see this stupid replay I just played in.
You go from one extreme (upgrading spawn level), to the other (upgrading OPPONENTS spawn NUMBER), which makes no sense to me at all. What actually balanced the game out more, was having a separate hero pool for each team, allowing for duplicates, while making it less effective to rush easy to EXP characters.
Pretty much anyone who's okay with this spawn crap set up, but was against the upgrading spawn in previous versions just lost all credibility in their argument if you ask me. I mean, just look at the game I was in. It's ridiculous, stupid in and of itself, and plain makes no sense. You should allow south to control where north's spawn goes, and vice versa. You would have been better off to just completely take out any spawn control, aside from movement.
Anyway, you can just sign me up in the no teams section for now. I should be able to play in the tournament.
0 members in this topic (italic members are currently writing a reply): None