Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Mapping Tutorials for SC2 - Youtube
Mapping Tutorials for SC2 - Youtube
May 27 2010, 2:11 pm
By: Devourer
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Aug 12 2010, 4:52 pm Devourer Post #21

Hello

I'll take care of it soon and post minerals values here as well.

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Aug 12 2010, 4:53 pm DevliN Post #22

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

There's a "Portal" map at SC2Mapster; you can look at how they did it.

I don't think you should get minerals for that considering it's a tutorial on how to open the data editor and change one value. It needs to be something you'd need larger explanation for, and actual explanation rather than just following what you do on the screen without talking.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Aug 12 2010, 5:30 pm Devourer Post #23

Hello

Payne, your ability... does it deal damage when there is a unit above that point?

Aug 12 2010, 7:19 pm payne Post #24

:payne:

Quote from DevliN
Can't find it. :(

Quote from Devourer
Payne, your ability... does it deal damage when there is a unit above that point?
Yes.
You can hit a unit to lure it and then run from it.

There are 2 ways to hit it:
1) Aim in front of him. Requires calculation of his movement speed so when you cast the spell at this spots, he actually moved to it.
2) Aim directly on the unit. Will cast the ability on the units, no matter if it moved or not.

None.

Aug 12 2010, 7:48 pm Devourer Post #25

Hello

"no matter if it moved or not" means when the unit moved away it still targets the terrain underneath or still on the unit?

Also, how to make a unit take damage when it just touches the bullet, although the bullet does not have reached the target yet?

Aug 12 2010, 7:58 pm payne Post #26

Quote from Devourer
"no matter if it moved or not" means when the unit moved away it still targets the terrain underneath or still on the unit?

Also, how to make a unit take damage when it just touches the bullet, although the bullet does not have reached the target yet?
1) It targets the unit and not the terrain underneath.
2) For this case, we'd need to create a bullet and classify it as missile, I believe. Though I haven't explored this. :O

None.

Aug 12 2010, 8:04 pm Temp Post #27

Quote from Devourer

Off the top of my head, changing the ability to use a missile and then adding a behaviour with search effect on the missile unit would work. There might be a better way of doing it though.

Attachments:
AbilMissileTest.SC2Map
Hits: 0 Size: 170.84kb

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 12 2010, 8:18 pm by Temp.

None.

Aug 12 2010, 8:09 pm payne Post #28

Quote from Temp
Quote from Devourer

Off the top of my head, changing the ability to use a missile and then adding a behaviour with search effect on the missile unit would work. There might be a better way of doing it though.
Wouldn't this make the bullet not go in straight line and actually curve toward nearby enemies until they reach them? :O

None.

Aug 12 2010, 8:21 pm Temp Post #29

Quote from payne
Quote from Temp
Quote from Devourer

Wouldn't this make the bullet not go in straight line and actually curve toward nearby enemies until they reach them? :O

I've attached an example map on my original post. The missile is not searching for a target, the target is specified when you use the ability. The search is to find the first unit it encounters in order to inflict damage.

None.

Aug 12 2010, 10:13 pm Devourer Post #30

Hello

Payne, I can at most give you 20 minerals... the idea is good but please use your voice if possible and elaborate, give hints and go more into depth. I'm sure you do better :)
Fat, I'll give ya 90 minerals for this, it's really well done and helpful, although at times your camera failed, still, even as a not native-english speaker I understood everything. Great work!

Aug 13 2010, 3:47 am DevliN Post #31

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from payne
Quote from DevliN
Can't find it. :(
http://forums.sc2mapster.com/development/project-workplace/3281-contest-unit-spells/?page=5#p83

My Overwatch addiction.

Aug 13 2010, 6:29 am fat_flying_pigs Post #32

Quote from Devourer
Payne, I can at most give you 20 minerals... the idea is good but please use your voice if possible and elaborate, give hints and go more into depth. I'm sure you do better :)
Fat, I'll give ya 90 minerals for this, it's really well done and helpful, although at times your camera failed, still, even as a not native-english speaker I understood everything. Great work!
I am a native English speaker >.< English is the only language I know. Do I really sound that bad?

None.

Aug 13 2010, 8:48 am Jack Post #33

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from fat_flying_pigs
Quote from Devourer
I am a native English speaker >.< English is the only language I know. Do I really sound that bad?
He meant that even though he (devourer) doesn't speak english as a first language, he understood you easily, which means you sounded good :P

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Aug 13 2010, 12:33 pm Devourer Post #34

Hello

Ya, that's what I meant :P :dev:

Aug 13 2010, 1:12 pm MadZombie Post #35

I'm in the process of transcribing these and taking some screenshots, so text versions can be found in our Wiki to accompany the videos.
Is this still being done by you Devlin? Someone pick this up if he doesn't. Please ;_;

None.

Aug 13 2010, 4:11 pm payne Post #36

Quote from MadZombie
I'm in the process of transcribing these and taking some screenshots, so text versions can be found in our Wiki to accompany the videos.
Is this still being done by you Devlin? Someone pick this up if he doesn't. Please ;_;
I believe he is at least waiting for the new wiki to come out?

None.

Aug 13 2010, 4:25 pm DevliN Post #37

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Yeah, I'm still doing it. I finished a couple, but I am waiting for the new Wiki before I do anything with them.

My Overwatch addiction.

Aug 13 2010, 6:42 pm shmeeps Post #38

I wrote this up in about 30 minutes, so expect some errors. Any feed back would be appreciated: http://www.staredit.net/starcraft2/3rd_Person_Camera_%28StarCraft_II%29

None.

Aug 13 2010, 7:56 pm payne Post #39

Quote from shmeeps
I wrote this up in about 30 minutes, so expect some errors. Any feed back would be appreciated: http://www.staredit.net/starcraft2/3rd_Person_Camera_%28StarCraft_II%29
Very good tutorial!
I edited it a bit to correct some errors. :)

None.

Aug 13 2010, 8:58 pm fat_flying_pigs Post #40

From what I've heard, 3'rd person wasd controls lag, is it true?

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum