Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: League of Legends
League of Legends
May 25 2010, 6:33 am
By: poison_us
Pages: < 1 « 96 97 98 99 100127 >

Aug 17 2011, 12:57 am poison_us Post #1941

Back* from the grave

Quote from name:FaZ-
I started running into people who all had Flash and realized that the game is a gigantic piece of shit for competitive play because of it.
:clap:

Also, QTF: http://www.staredit.net/?p=shoutbox&view=1367

Aug 17 2011, 1:13 am LoveLess Post #1942

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Quote from Lingie
So, I saw the DotA 2 reveal trailer today. The first hero revealed looked 100% like Ashe, but with a different skin tone, red robes, and different eye colors, BUT SHE HAD THE SAME HAIR, THE SAME CLOAK, AND THE SAME OVERALL APPEARENCE. I think I laughed pretty hard when I saw that.

Also, if you go on the Escapist's website (those guys who sponser Zero Punctuation), you'll see a ton of bashing, and a lot more LoL support then DotA 2.

I mean fuck, if I want to play Ashe, I'm not going to fucking pay for her.
Do we want to bring up how many heroes have copy pasted abilities from DotA? We can if we want. Or heroes who have the exact same theme.

Besides, there is fan art older than LOL of your 'Ashe' and named Traxex. Weird.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 17 2011, 1:23 am by LoveLess.

None.

Aug 17 2011, 1:35 am poison_us Post #1943

Back* from the grave

LoveLess, we know you outgrew LoL and hate it again for some reason (or is it Lingie?), but you don't need to come back into the thread to do this shit.

Aug 17 2011, 1:50 am Riney Post #1944

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from LoveLess
Quote from Lingie
So, I saw the DotA 2 reveal trailer today. The first hero revealed looked 100% like Ashe, but with a different skin tone, red robes, and different eye colors, BUT SHE HAD THE SAME HAIR, THE SAME CLOAK, AND THE SAME OVERALL APPEARENCE. I think I laughed pretty hard when I saw that.

Also, if you go on the Escapist's website (those guys who sponser Zero Punctuation), you'll see a ton of bashing, and a lot more LoL support then DotA 2.

Do we want to bring up how many heroes have copy pasted abilities from DotA? We can if we want. Or heroes who have the exact same theme.

Besides, there is fan art older than LOL of your 'Ashe' and named Traxex. Weird.

Do we want to bring up how many heroes have copy pasted abilities from Warcraft 3? We can if we want. Or heroes who have the exact same theme.

Your argument is invalid. Shoo

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Aug 17 2011, 2:42 am LoveLess Post #1945

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Quote from Riney
Quote from LoveLess
Quote from Lingie

Do we want to bring up how many heroes have copy pasted abilities from Warcraft 3? We can if we want. Or heroes who have the exact same theme.

Your argument is invalid. Shoo
Actually hardly any. There are over a hundred heroes in DotA. Only the ones transferred over from the original RoC were copied because you couldn't edit the spells in it's map editor. Then once 6.65 hit, most of the abilities were removed or redone. About 4 or 5 heroes are like that.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Aug 17 2011, 10:25 am by NudeRaider. Reason: no need to get personal

None.

Aug 17 2011, 1:56 pm Neki Post #1946

Drow Ranger existed before Ashe, fyi.

None.

Aug 24 2011, 3:06 pm poison_us Post #1947

Back* from the grave

Bah, this is why I don't visit the forums. First two replies are flaming trash, and then any post that states they want more info gets rated down, while off-topic ones like my "valve time" post get rated up. Regardless, may I say Phreak is a fucking idiot? 21/0/9 on every single champion, as well as possibly the worst playing employee doing the spotlights? :wtfidonteven:

Obligatory patchnotes, with a nice support, Udyr (though the mana return might've been hit too hard), and Xin nerf:

Quote from Udyr;13349517
New Skins in the Store
  • Renegade Talon
  • Crimson Elite Talon
  • Demolisher Nunu
  • Dragonslayer Vayne

PVP.net Store
  • Added a Purchases tab that contains a history of all your purchases
  • Champions tab redesigned to feature full art splashes
  • Home page layout graphics updated
  • Home page now features a progress indicator for content being loaded
  • Filtering and search redesigned to be more visually appealing and compact
  • Made several fixes and tweaks to padding/alignments/font issues throughout the store

PVP.net v1.42.34
  • New landing page design
    • Now displays YouTube videos (Champion spotlight/Community Spotlight, etc). These videos can be expanded to full screen
    • Top news articles from LeagueOfLegends.com are displayed in the lower left
    • Featured and sale items from the store are now displayed in the top right
    • Redesigned the banner scroller to make it smoother
  • New art and layout for the End of Game screen
  • Improved messages for game invites to include game type
  • Updated the design for map/game selection
  • Summoner's Rift Autumn map is now directly selectable from the custom game screen

League of Legends v1.0.0.124
Talon, the Blade's Shadow
  • Noxian Diplomacy: Talon viciously stabs his enemy, dealing heavy physical damage and causing them to leave a blood trail that Talon can use to track them.
  • Rake: Talon fans out three blades in front of him that quickly return to him, dealing damage and slowing any target hit in either direction.
  • Cutthroat: Talon leaps behind his target and silences them for a short duration, amplifying the damage of any of his follow up attacks and abilities.
  • Shadow Assault (Ultimate): Talon enters stealth for a short duration, gaining a movement speed boost and sending blades that deal damage to all enemies in their path flying in every direction. Once the blades reach a certain distance, they pause and form a circle. When Talon reappears from stealth, the blades return to him, once again dealing damage to any opponent they pass through.
  • Mercy (Passive): Talon's auto-attacks deal additional damage to a target that is under the influence of any crowd control effect.

Alistar
  • Unbreakable Will
    • Duration adjusted to 7 seconds at all ranks from 6/7/8 seconds
    • Physical and Magical Damage reduction reduced to 50/60/70% from 75% at all ranks

Jax
  • Leap Strike damage reduced to 20/45/70/95/120 from 35/60/85/110/135
  • Empower
    • Damage reduced to 60/95/130/165/200 from 75/110/135/180/215
    • Empower now breaks spell shields

Kayle
  • Attack damage per level increased to 2.8 from 2.5
  • Attack speed per level increased to 2.5 from 2
  • Reckoning
    • Now scales with bonus attack damage at a 1.0 ratio in addition to a 1.0 ability power ratio
    • Damage amplification increased to 6/7/8/9/10% from 5% at all levels

Lee Sin
  • Resonating Strike will now only automatically attempt to attack champions rather than all enemies

Nidalee
  • Javelin Toss
    • Mana Cost reduced to 50/60/70/80/90 from 60/70/80/90/100
    • Cooldown reduced to 6 seconds from 7 seconds
  • Pounce
    • May now be affected by Cooldown Reduction
    • Cooldown increased to 4 seconds from 3 seconds
  • Primal Surge
    • Mana cost adjusted to 60/80/100/120/140 from 65/70/75/80/85
    • Base heal adjusted to 50/85/120/155/190 from 60/90/120/150/180
    • Ability power ratio reduced to 0.7 from 1.25
  • Swipe ability power ratio increased to 0.4 from 0.2
  • Aspect of the Cougar now grants 10/15/20 armor and magic resistance instead of 10% Dodge
  • Fixed several tooltip errors (especially those in Cougar form)

Orianna
  • Command: Dissonance base damage reduced to 70/115/160/205/250 from 70/120/170/220/270
  • Command: Protect shield ability power ratio reduced to .4 from .6
  • Fixed a bug with Command: Shockwave dealing extra damage at ranks 11 and 16

Sona
  • Aria of Perseverance
    • Base heal reduced to 25/50/75/100/125 from 35/70/105/140/175
    • Ability power ratio reduced to .25 from .35
    • Now grants double her passive aura bonus to her heal target and herself for 3 seconds
  • Reduced the lockout time while casting Sona's songs to make them more responsive
  • Fixed a bug where Hymn of Valor and Aria of Perseverance caused her to deal 20% reduced damage

Soraka
  • Recommended Items updated
  • Base health increased to 446 from 426
  • Base health per level increased to 71 from 67
  • Starcall
    • Cooldown reduced to 2.5 seconds from 3 seconds
    • Base damage reduced to 60/85/110/135/160 from 60/90/120/150/180
    • Ability power ratio increased to .4 from .25
    • Mana cost reduced to 35/40/45/50/55 from 40/50/60/70/80
    • Shred increased to 8/9/10/11/12 from 8 at all levels
    • Maximum stacks reduced to 10 from 20
    • Range increased by 30
  • Astral Blessing
    • Ability power ratio reduced to .45 from .9
    • Cooldown increased to 20 seconds from 10 seconds
    • Base Heal increased to 70/140/210/280/350 from 60/120/180/240/300
    • Armor buff increased to 25/50/75/100/125 from 20/35/50/65/80
    • Armor buff duration increased to 5 seconds from 4 seconds
    • Cast range increased to 750 from 650
  • Infuse
    • Ability power ratio increased to .75 from .6
    • Cooldown reduced to 10 seconds from 15 seconds
    • Silence duration adjusted to 1.5/1.75/2/2.25/2.5 from 1/1.5/2/2.5/3
    • No longer grants double Mana when casting on yourself
  • Wish
    • Ability power ratio reduced to .7 from 1.3
    • Mana cost reduced to 100/175/250 from 200/275/350

Taric
  • Base attack speed increased to .625 from .613
  • Imbue
    • Ability power ratio reduced to .6 from 1.1
    • Cooldown increased to 20/19/18/17/16 seconds from 16/15/14/13/12 seconds
    • Basic attacks now reduce Imbue?s cooldown by 1 second (from 2) but the reduction now increases to 3 seconds when attacking an enemy champion

Udyr
  • Turtle Stance
    • Heal reduced to 10/12/14/16/18% from 12/14/16/18/20%
    • Mana return reduced to 5/6/7/8/9% from 9/10.5/12/13.5/15%
  • Fixed a bug with Phoenix Stance where the activation damage was counting as single target spell damage for Spell Vamp or Rylai's

Xin'Zhao
  • Three Talon Strike knock up duration slightly reduced
  • Audacious Charge slow duration reduced to 1.5 seconds from 1.75 seconds

General
  • UI Improvements
    • New scoreboard with new art!
    • Removed upper left redundant champion info
    • Floating text is now prioritized to show important events such as being stunned or silenced much more quickly
    • Kills are now displayed as "Kill Callouts" along the right hand side of the screen and show assists
  • Added a new ping functionality: You can now ping to signal your teammates to fall back
  • You are now able to mute players from the scoreboard
  • Improved prioritization for selection of units around towers
  • Made improvements to loadtimes and frame rates for Summoner's Rift, Twisted Treeline, and Tutorials
  • Toggle spells no longer cancel channeling when turned off
  • Made improvements to camera panning to make it smoother
  • Made improvements to how Fog of War interacts with the environment to enhance the visual display (does not affect the gameplay aspect of Fog of War)
  • Fixed a bug where Champions could be pulled across the map while teleporting
  • Fixed several issues where character animations would sometimes freeze
  • Fixed several bugs associated with reconnecting to a game
  • Fixed several bugs associated with load time crashes
  • Fixed a rare bug that caused in-game crashes

Aug 24 2011, 3:13 pm x-EnAlex Post #1948

Quote from Neki

And I think Engineer from HoN existed before Heimerdinger.

None.

Aug 24 2011, 3:24 pm poison_us Post #1949

Back* from the grave

And LoL was F2P before HoN. Your point?

Aug 24 2011, 3:32 pm x-EnAlex Post #1950

Quote from poison_us
And LoL was F2P before HoN. Your point?

And now HoN is F2P, but their community is pretty much full of hotheaded Elitists who quit games they know they will lose like sore losers, that's why I decided to continue League of Legends. Because the community isn't half ragequiters and half hotheaded swearers.

I don't have anything against the game, the graphics are nice, the gameplay is really in dept and there is a lot of awesome heroes you can play as, but the community isn't really nice. I don't want to play a multiplayer game where nobody trusts anyone else.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Aug 24 2011, 3:58 pm by x-EnAlex.

None.

Aug 24 2011, 3:58 pm Fisty Post #1951

Nidalee

Javelin Toss
Mana Cost reduced to 50/60/70/80/90 from 60/70/80/90/100
Cooldown reduced to 6 seconds from 7 seconds
Pounce
May now be affected by Cooldown Reduction
Cooldown increased to 4 seconds from 3 seconds
Primal Surge
Mana cost adjusted to 60/80/100/120/140 from 65/70/75/80/85
Base heal adjusted to 50/85/120/155/190 from 60/90/120/150/180
Ability power ratio reduced to 0.7 from 1.25
Swipe ability power ratio increased to 0.4 from 0.2
Aspect of the Cougar now grants 10/15/20 armor and magic resistance instead of 10% Dodge
Fixed several tooltip errors (especially those in Cougar form)
So basically he kick my bruddah in the ass.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 24 2011, 4:06 pm by Fisty.

None.

Aug 24 2011, 4:15 pm poison_us Post #1952

Back* from the grave

No, he buff your bruddah's ass, but nerf her "oh lets stand back, spam heals and chuck spears" ability. She's much more viable in Cougar form now, so it won't be rare to see people level it at 6 anymore.

Aug 24 2011, 4:43 pm Fisty Post #1953

Quote from poison_us
No, he buff your bruddah's ass, but nerf her "oh lets stand back, spam heals and chuck spears" ability. She's much more viable in Cougar form now, so it won't be rare to see people level it at 6 anymore.
My friend plays Nidalee, and from my understanding your primary damage output in cougar is in the corresponding slot for heal in human. Her lane sustain got nerfed a bit, but overall it seems like a buff as she's more of a DPS than support anyway. Honestly I just think people will swap out the pure AP runes on her for alternative pages. Her damage output was already scary. This is all backseat theorycrafting though.

EDIT: Oh yeah, for anyone who didn't get the joke: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lkIY2cxlrA

None.

Aug 24 2011, 5:14 pm Riney Post #1954

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from x-EnAlex
Quote from Neki

No Engineer came out a pretty good distance after hon went pay to play, Heimerdinger is like one of the original champs.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Aug 24 2011, 5:29 pm Lingie Post #1955

Quote from Riney
Quote from x-EnAlex
Quote from Neki

No Engineer came out a pretty good distance after hon went pay to play, Heimerdinger is like one of the original champs.

Not to mention they share nothing in common but turret placement.

Gragas is more like Engineer the Heim, honestly.

Lingie#3148 on Discord. Lingie, the Fox-Tailed on Steam.

Aug 26 2011, 3:13 pm poison_us Post #1956

Back* from the grave

So I just did some thinking. Lingie is a good Skarner. DM has Caitlyn (sucks with her though). Teemo is free. Nidalee is fairly cheap. I have Shaco.

Skarner ult, pull into a trap bush. Caitlyn snare, Teemo shroom, Shaco fear, and to top it off, Nidalee's trap and armor/mr shred. I want, so bad, to try this against some poor innocent Cho' Gath with 6 stacks and 6 full Warmogs, just to see how fast that 10k or so HP melts.

As a side note: looking for someone to test something involving physical damage spells with me. If you've got ~10 or 15 minutes free, let me know.

Aug 26 2011, 4:04 pm Decency Post #1957

And now HoN is F2P, but their community is pretty much full of hotheaded Elitists who quit games they know they will lose like sore losers, that's why I decided to continue League of Legends.

You mean full of players who don't want to waste their time playing games that you've already acknowledged they've lost? I hate fucks who don't concede, a 20 minute stomp turns into 45 minutes of the other team statwhoring. I'll happily leave those games, they are over and the other team isn't finishing it because you keep feeding them kills.

None.

Aug 26 2011, 4:08 pm Riney Post #1958

Thigh high affectionado

And now HoN is F2P, but their community is pretty much full of hotheaded Elitists who quit games they know they will lose like sore losers, that's why I decided to continue League of Legends.

You mean full of players who don't want to waste their time playing games that you've already acknowledged they've lost? I hate fucks who don't concede, a 20 minute stomp turns into 45 minutes of the other team statwhoring. I'll happily leave those games, they are over and the other team isn't finishing it because you keep feeding them kills.

I love when we dont concede in League of Legends because games are actually able to be won once the team has lost all hope. I do it quite frequently too.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Aug 26 2011, 4:59 pm poison_us Post #1959

Back* from the grave

Thornmail does not return physical damage spells, such as Talon's W and R and his Q's bleed, but does return damage when the spell adds to basic attack, even if it doesn't increase the attack damage that shows in your champion's stats.

Quote from Riney

I love when we dont concede in League of Legends because games are actually able to be won once the team has lost all hope. I do it quite frequently too.
Comebacks aren't impossible in LoL like they are in HoN, though I love not getting in the situation in the first place. I do it quite frequently too.

Aug 26 2011, 11:18 pm Dem0n Post #1960

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote from Devourer
Quote from poison_us

Also, I don't get what you're saying here:
Quote from Devourer
as far as I know you can purchase new and better heros in LoL which automatically means that games can be imbalanced
So you're saying you'd rather have imbalanced heroes given to you than having to work and/or pay for them?
No. In HoN all heroes are balanced. Just from the beginning and therefore every game brings the same chances for you to win.
In HoN all is about SKILL, in LoL it's like having skill to get that... money? cannot remember properly and then purchase a hero which makes it easier to win.

HoN is the perfect AoS. That's all I can say, already named the reasons.
I thought a game of HoN is never lost. :P

Options
Pages: < 1 « 96 97 98 99 100127 >
  Back to forum