Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Custom Maps > Topic: Isolation
Isolation
May 24 2010, 8:43 pm
By: Swampfox  

Jul 2 2010, 10:29 pm Swampfox Post #21

Yea 38MB.... easily fixed by taking out all of the music. I'm not really sure how big the file is otherwise.

None.

Jul 3 2010, 10:07 pm payne Post #22

:payne:

1) Missing a 'Pause Game' feature.
2) Campfires still do not emit light.
3) Somehow, pressing 'D' to drink water makes you regenerate -much- slower than clicking the drink button.
4) I never found how to do some fishing in this version. Neither could I kill rabbits.
5) When in combat mode, pressing 'D' spams the "No fresh water here" message.
6) It isn't normal that we have to rest every hour. Make the bar decrease very slowly during the day, and drastically during the night.
7) Why does eating those little fruits increase all of the bars' level?
8) In your loading screen, remove the "Swampfox" and "Staredit.net" and place them as Title and Subtitle.
9) The message in a box at the top of the screen when resting isn't well aligned at all.
10) There shouldn't that many animals roaming around during the night, and they shouldn't run into water.
11) Sprinting should also make the 'Drink' bar decrease faster.

None.

Jul 4 2010, 12:16 am Swampfox Post #23

1) Missing a 'Pause Game' feature.
1) Will do. That's a pretty good idea....

2) Campfires still do not emit light.
2) Are you sure your lighting is at least at medium or something? It wont show up otherwise.

3) Somehow, pressing 'D' to drink water makes you regenerate -much- slower than clicking the drink button.
3) Will fix.

4) I never found how to do some fishing in this version. Neither could I kill rabbits.
4) Press the fishing button when you are near the fish, and shoot arrows with right click at the rabbits to kill them. You don't have to click on the rabbits. You only have to hit it with your arrow.

5) When in combat mode, pressing 'D' spams the "No fresh water here" message.
5) Will fix. Yea that was one of the bugs that I didn't get around to.

6) It isn't normal that we have to rest every hour. Make the bar decrease very slowly during the day, and drastically during the night.
6) Will change. I suppose I could use my artificial time of day time to do that.

7) Why does eating those little fruits increase all of the bars' level?
7) Intended. All food increases at least the food, and energy bars. The little fruit also increase the thirst bar because they are juicy and delicious.

8) In your loading screen, remove the "Swampfox" and "Staredit.net" and place them as Title and Subtitle.
8) Contemplating. Don't really think it's that big of a deal, but we'll see.

9) The message in a box at the top of the screen when resting isn't well aligned at all.
9) Will fix.

10) There shouldn't that many animals roaming around during the night, and they shouldn't run into water.
10) Will try to fix. I'm not really sure how I would go about doing these things.... I'll look into it though.

11) Sprinting should also make the 'Drink' bar decrease faster.
11) Will change.

Once again, thanks a bunch payne. Great feedback!

None.

Jul 4 2010, 1:58 am payne Post #24

No problem! ;)
As for the #8, it's just for you: your name and this community's name aren't really noticeable if we do not know them...
Moreover, a player could easily think that any button displayed on this image represents a button with an action in-game.

... and try to implement my Custom Loading Screen! >:O

:P

None.

Jul 4 2010, 3:23 am Swampfox Post #25

Quote from payne
... and try to implement my Custom Loading Screen! >:O
Oh yea! No problem!

None.

Jul 16 2010, 2:46 am payne Post #26

What about it? :)
And are you intending to make this multiplayer?

None.

Jul 18 2010, 10:17 pm payne Post #27

http://www.sc2mapster.com/announcements/wild-aiurfrica-animated-textures-voting-system/
Look at the Africa thingy. Makes me think of your map. :P

None.

Aug 1 2010, 6:41 pm Corpsebloom Post #28

Ok, it looks interesting. However I cannot get it to load properly. When I launch it in the editor it loads up but all of the menus (like where the buttons are at the bottom of the screen) have a light blue solid background, not clear like in your images. Also I cannot move my view of the map, it automatically moves if a get close to the edge, is this intended? Finally, is my guy supposed to explode after logging for 30 seconds?

None.

Aug 3 2010, 8:36 pm UnholyUrine Post #29

Thank you SO much for posting the tutorial links <3

I'll try this map when I get SC2

None.

Options
  Back to forum