Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Melee > Topic: Scrap Station (2)
Scrap Station (2)
May 18 2010, 12:27 am
By: Forsaken Archer  

May 18 2010, 12:27 am Forsaken Archer Post #1

I hate this map, zerg seems to get screwed over pretty bad. What should a zerg player do?

Your opinions on the map?

None.

May 18 2010, 12:41 am Centreri Post #2

Relatively ancient and inactive

I luvs it. I don't see what was so difficult for you - you don't get past my defenses to do real damage anymore anyway on any map (unless I forget to block off a ramp or something).

Also, remember, there are rocks that you can break that allow for easier passage to my base. It won't help with rushing, but if you want to attack quickly later on, it's a viable option.

None.

May 18 2010, 12:47 am Jack Post #3

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

I would think you get zlings + roaches, take expansions while keeping the opponent contained, and send mutas against his mineral line whenever possible. Just harass his expansions to the ground, contain contain contain, till you have map control.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

May 18 2010, 12:47 am Pr0nogo Post #4

Well Zerg can get easy contain when they're like against Protoss.

Sentry+Stalker pwns on this map for some reason.

May 18 2010, 1:05 am XGenesis Post #5

Fast Baneling + Zergling Allin = Win.

None.

May 18 2010, 1:49 am ImagoDeo Post #6

Get the yellow when you can, try not to let your opponent know about it until it's too late. In general people forget about it. Or you can do a nydus worm to one of the walled-off expos.

None.

May 18 2010, 2:36 am Centreri Post #7

Relatively ancient and inactive

I killed all of those. :bleh:

None.

May 19 2010, 7:05 pm Valug Post #8

Quote from name:isolatedpurity
I hate this map, zerg seems to get screwed over pretty bad. What should a zerg player do?

Your opinions on the map?

Because of the state of the natural, you can expand very early relatively safely. You need to connect the area between your natural and your main quickly with creep however. The backdoor to your natural can be a pain if it gets harassed, but if you stay aggressive, the enemy won't get a change to harass it. People will often try to fast expand themselves on this map, so use your speed to harass the backdoor, and if they move to engage you, run past them and into their main with lings. If you keep moving your creep, your third is also pretty easy to take, which makes your island easy to take as well. The main thing you should be trying to exploit as zerg is the large ramp that is hard to wall off.

Personally, I don't like this map, and I don't think any tournaments will be using it once we get control of the maps we play.

None.

Aug 19 2010, 1:03 am Fisty Post #9

I always found it easy to contain the enemy on this map, however I always seem to play another Zerg player, and most of them forget to scout their natural with an Overseer before expanding so I can see what they're doing with my burrowed zergling and quickly take their base back down.

None.

Aug 19 2010, 4:04 pm Vi3t-X Post #10

None of you guys are actually at Platinum or above, are you? :P

Scrap station has its pros and cons for each race, and you just need to exploit it properly.

Zerg players get a very early overlord scout to see whats going on.
Terran players have the opportunity to turtle excessively.
Protoss can abuse blink and air.

There's more stuff too, but I'm too lazy to remember it all.

None.

Aug 20 2010, 2:07 pm Forsaken Archer Post #11

Man this topic is old.
Scrap station turned into one of my favorite zerg maps.

None.

Options
  Back to forum