Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Melee Discussion & Strategy > Topic: Basic In-Game Strategies
Basic In-Game Strategies
May 13 2010, 11:45 pm
By: StarBlue
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

May 31 2010, 7:11 am DavidJCobb Post #21

I have an even better strategy than Lanthanides. >:3

Get a Dark Archon. Get a shit-ton of High Templars. Mind Control an Overlord. Hallucinate it a ton of times. Now, build a Dark Templar.

Send the hundreds of Overlords into the enemy base and cover up their minerals to harass them. While the enemy's distracted, sneak your DT in and RAEP.

It's the same thing and it's just as retarded, but this time, you can do actual damage.

None.

May 31 2010, 7:17 am Lanthanide Post #22

I don't think your strategy is detailed enough for this thread, David :( It also sounds like it only works vs Zerg, but you didn't make that clear.

Get a shit-ton of High Templars.
How many is that?

Hallucinate it a ton of times.
How many times?

Also, you didn't provide a screenshot. I don't have a screenshot either, but I have this artists impression of your Overlord rush - this time against the entire planet of Aiur, although why a protoss would use this strat against his own homeworld I'm not sure.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 31 2010, 7:24 am by Lanthanide.

None.

May 31 2010, 10:00 am StarBlue Post #23

Lanth, I feel as if you were trolling... :troll: <---- awwww, no smiley :(

None.

May 31 2010, 11:48 pm Ultraviolet Post #24

LOL. NOW SHE GETS IT.

Jun 1 2010, 12:31 am Lanthanide Post #25

Clearly no one else was going to post in this topic, so I figured I might as well.

None.

Jun 1 2010, 12:34 am LoTu)S Post #26

The Worker Rush
Applies for all races
Basically, Pull all 4 workers from your base and scout the enemy. Once you've found the enemy, group all workers in front of the base and harass the enemy workers. During that time you should have 1 builder from the 50 minerals doing a normal build. It is critical that you're able to multitask during this build. This is best against non rushing builds, as the 4 workers constantly harasses are not killed by lings//zeal//rine so quickly.

Watch from 1:11

None.

Jun 1 2010, 7:47 pm StarBlue Post #27

I lol'd at Lotus' video, so funny yet highly effective :P then again, can be easily countered by sending a couple SCVs to chase the probes, then when the probes attack, micro them to the rest of the SCVs and just swamp them :)

None.

Jun 2 2010, 2:12 am Sand Wraith Post #28

she/her

Quote from name:NerdyTerdy
LOL. NOW SHE GETS IT.

BlueStar's a girl!?

I need to start a thread...

Jun 4 2010, 8:02 pm StarBlue Post #29

Quote from DavidJCobb
That reminds me... People who actually believe that there are no women on the Internet, let alone on SC.
You anger David...

None.

Jul 6 2010, 4:21 am Fire_Kame Post #30

wth is starcraft

LOL THX GUYS. GREAT strategies.

Jul 6 2010, 4:48 am Sand Wraith Post #31

she/her

I tried out some of the worker harassment strategies in this thread. My efforts caused utter victory two hundred fifty-six times. Nine thousand one percent of the time, my entire economy was actually being sourced from the enemy's resources. In fact, I even started building Infested Durans out of my Barracks.

EDIT: This might be in the wrong thread. Rushing Infested Durans is actually a pretty risky, all-in maneuver that requires superior micro and macro. Pretty much advanced tactics and strategy.
Thus...

WARNING, ADVANCED STRATEGY; NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART

last chance to not overextend yourself

Sorry, making a lot of edits here to make sure the strategy is clearly and concisely presented so that in case you do want to try it, you will have at least a slim chance of succeeding.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Jul 6 2010, 5:02 am by Sand Wraith.

Jul 6 2010, 6:16 am StarBlue Post #32

that belongs in the modding section of SEN...

None.

Jul 6 2010, 7:10 am Sand Wraith Post #33

she/her

What do you mean? No, it doesn't, I was detailing a very advanced standard melee technique that only the highest level players have access to. You know that if your APM goes over 7000 like Heinermann's that you unlock Infested Duran, right? It's how I managed to rush Infested Durans. I microed and macroed really well, so I was able to rush Infested Durans. Each of them cost quite a hefty amount, you know. It's not easy to rush Infested Durans while harassing one's opponents AND stealing their minerals.

I even included screenshots of a normal melee game to illustrate.

Jul 6 2010, 1:22 pm StarBlue Post #34

you used a mod and versed a computer. you used "show me the money", that belongs in the modding section of sen.

None.

Jul 6 2010, 2:43 pm Sand Wraith Post #35

she/her

You have got too many points in PER. Sort of.

The only strategy I know is 4pool.

Jul 7 2010, 6:52 pm Azrael Post #36

Quote from Lanthanide
Infested terran rush: As Protoss, tech to Dark Archons and research Mind Control. Build 4 Protoss Dark Templar and merge them to become 2 Protoss Dark Archons. Wait until they have 150 energy each. Mind Control an enemy Zerg Drone and an enemy Terran SCV. Build a Terran Command Center with your Terran SCV. Build a Zerg Hatchery with your Zerg Drone. Morph the larva into a Zerg Drone. Build a Zerg Spawning Pool with your Zerg Drone. Morph your Zerg Hatchery into a Zerg Lair. Morph a larva into a Zerg Drone. Build a Zerg Queen's Nest with your Zerg Drone. Morph a larva into a Zerg Queen. Use some Protoss Probes to damage the Terran Command Center until it is on 1/3rd of it's health. Fly the Zerg Queen over the Terran Command Center and click on "Infest". Once you have your Zerg Infested Command Center, build Infested Terrans and use them to kill your enemy!
Really pro strategy, this is my favorite. The CC doesn't need to be at 1/3 health to infest it though, just 1/2 health.

A faster way to do this is to play as Zerg, and just use the Terran's CC.

Jul 7 2010, 7:03 pm LoTu)S Post #37

Quote from StarBlue
you used "show me the money"

I do not see over 9000 minerals

None.

Jul 7 2010, 8:29 pm ImagoDeo Post #38

Quote from name:Azrael.Wrath
Quote from Lanthanide
Infested terran rush: As Protoss, tech to Dark Archons and research Mind Control. Build 4 Protoss Dark Templar and merge them to become 2 Protoss Dark Archons. Wait until they have 150 energy each. Mind Control an enemy Zerg Drone and an enemy Terran SCV. Build a Terran Command Center with your Terran SCV. Build a Zerg Hatchery with your Zerg Drone. Morph the larva into a Zerg Drone. Build a Zerg Spawning Pool with your Zerg Drone. Morph your Zerg Hatchery into a Zerg Lair. Morph a larva into a Zerg Drone. Build a Zerg Queen's Nest with your Zerg Drone. Morph a larva into a Zerg Queen. Use some Protoss Probes to damage the Terran Command Center until it is on 1/3rd of it's health. Fly the Zerg Queen over the Terran Command Center and click on "Infest". Once you have your Zerg Infested Command Center, build Infested Terrans and use them to kill your enemy!
Really pro strategy, this is my favorite. The CC doesn't need to be at 1/3 health to infest it though, just 1/2 health.

A faster way to do this is to play as Zerg, and just use the Terran's CC.

Don't be ridiculous. It's well known at iCCup that any C+ player can get dark archons faster than a zerg can get queens, and then the time to queens from DAs is much lessened because you'll already have a steady stream of resources. The big thing here is that none of your opponents will see it coming since it's so fast.

One of my favorite strategies is to proxy command center behind the enemy mineral line and mine off their own minerals. Usually you'll have to do this early on and lift off several times to avoid enemy units, and it doesn't work too well against terran or protoss or zerg, but if you can pull it off it gives you a huge bonus to your economy while drastically killing theirs. If you're really good you can even get a few combat units in while they're distracted with your command center proxy and start trashing their base. But that requires so much micro that I've only done it once myself, and it's extremely complicated.

/troll

None.

Jul 8 2010, 8:30 am StarBlue Post #39

@ LoTu)S
That's because he spent them... and infested durans probably cost alot y'know...

None.

Jul 8 2010, 2:24 pm Sand Wraith Post #40

she/her

I didn't use cheats. I already told you, one requires >7000APM to unlock infested durans. Do you think I wasted a single one of my actions? My miners were moving faster than normal I was clicking so fast.

I. Do. Not. Use. Cheats.
Ever.

(except at parties)

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum