Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 General Discussion > Topic: Starcraft II Mapping Contest #1
Starcraft II Mapping Contest #1
May 8 2010, 6:45 pm
By: Forsaken Archer
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 6 >

May 25 2010, 4:40 am DevliN Post #61

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I've had to delete way too many posts in this topic. Let's stay on topic, leaving the fights to PMs and for the love of god, knock the SC2Mapster versus SEN shit out.

Thanks.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

May 25 2010, 4:54 am Sixen Post #62

So when are the results being announced?

None.

May 25 2010, 4:57 am Forsaken Archer Post #63

soon(tm)

None.

May 25 2010, 6:25 am payne Post #64

:payne:

Will the judges do their best to complete the maps? It might take them a few tries for mine ;)
Anyways, I know I won't make it into the top 3, but I hope you guys enjoy Impossibles just like I do.
I am currently working on an other Imposs map with 2 guys from sc2mapster (which also have accounts in here, but they are less active).

Leaks:
Name: Impossible Link
Levels: 12 (4/map maker)
This one will have triggers involved ;)

None.

May 26 2010, 9:07 pm Forsaken Archer Post #65

Complexity: 5 Points
* Was your map easy to create? was It hard? It will be taken into consideration.

Glitchness: 5 points
* How well does your map run? Does it have Glitches?

Fun: 15 points
* Is your map fun? boring? another important thing highly evaluated.

Originality: 10 points
* Is your map just another in an endless supply of similar (especially SC1) maps?

Content: 5 points
* What exactly did/are you doing? Did you just plop some stuff into a map? Or are you trying to create a masterpiece?

Knowledge: 10 points
- Articles / Tutorials: 5 points
* Does your articles relate your map?
* Does it explain how a similar affect can be achieved? (wording)
- Map: 5 points
* Does your own system work well within your map?

Criteria we will be using.

None.

May 26 2010, 10:02 pm payne Post #66

Lol, I'm going to have 5% ;o

None.

May 26 2010, 10:11 pm Demented Shaman Post #67

Quote from payne
Unless they're awarding half points, getting 5% would be impossible.

None.

May 27 2010, 1:12 am Swampfox Post #68

Quote from name:devilesk
Quote from payne
Unless they're awarding half points, getting 5% would be impossible.
Did you really have to take that so literally?

Well, I can't wait to see the results!

None.

May 27 2010, 4:04 am payne Post #69

May I submit my latest version? It's actually more doable and has a nice trigger that doesn't force Full House! =D

None.

May 27 2010, 4:45 am Forsaken Archer Post #70

I did my initial play though of all the maps and jotted down some notes. Some very nice things I saw :)

None.

May 27 2010, 6:06 am payne Post #71

My map reached the rank of the 8th most popular map played on US server :|
Well, I'm pretty proud and quite happy to be able to give all this advertisement to SEN.
I'm also trying to make my way to the list of sc2mapster (link). It'd be quite nice from them to update it: I'd be really happy to see my name up there! :teehee:

None.

May 27 2010, 6:08 am DevliN Post #72

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I played about half of the map so far. I wanna give them a couple run-throughs though before I give my scores. So far I'm really loving what we're able to accomplish in SC2. This is great, and can't wait to see what others think as well.

My Overwatch addiction.

May 27 2010, 6:20 am payne Post #73

My predictions. :P
I made this because I was being afraid people did not understand the kind of work that was set into the making of Impossible Scenarios.
Delete this post if you think its against some rules: I just wanted to place my word and make sure I wasn't misunderstood. ^^
Quote from name:isolatedpurity
Complexity: 3/5 Points
* Was your map easy to create? was It hard? It will be taken into consideration.
-> It takes somehow a lot of brainstorm to be able to place units correctly to create a challenging Impossible Scenario map. Missing some points due to lack of triggering, though this isn't the kind of maps that gets much.

Glitchness: 5/5 points
* How well does your map run? Does it have Glitches?
-> You just cannot encounter any glitch with the few triggers >.<

Fun: 2/15 points
* Is your map fun? boring? another important thing highly evaluated.
-> I do -love- Impossible Scenarios, but most of the people are too impatient to actually understand the essence of such a type of game. It just really doesn't fit well to too many people :(

Originality: 1/10 points
* Is your map just another in an endless supply of similar (especially SC1) maps?
-> Seriously just a copy of a SC1 well-known type of map, though applied to SC2.

Content: 4/5 points
* What exactly did/are you doing? Did you just plop some stuff into a map? Or are you trying to create a masterpiece?
-> I did put a lot of effort into the unit placement, though I made nothing too fancy since this game is supposed to be simple in its essence: no cinematic or anything, but for sure this could have made the thing a bit more fun. -1

Knowledge: 7/10 points
- Articles / Tutorials: 2/5 points
* Does your articles relate your map?
-> Well, somehow, since I had to learn how to publish my map and how to use Game Variants.
* Does it explain how a similar affect can be achieved? (wording)
-> Not sure I understand what this is >.<
- Map: 5/5 points
* Does your own system work well within your map?
-> Flawless: there's isn't really any system except victory/defeat triggers. Of course, if you try up my latest version, I added a "give trigger" to prevent people from waiting for a Full House: I never though my game would become popular XD

Total: 23/50
Not as bad as I expected, though, of course, I am being quite nice with myself :P

Criteria we will be using.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 27 2010, 7:06 am by payne.

None.

May 29 2010, 3:54 am Centreri Post #74

Relatively ancient and inactive

I think you're being a bit optimistic. There's no way that unit placement gets you 7/10 knowledge, 4/5 content or 3/5 complexity. Might get more points for fun, though.

None.

May 29 2010, 11:48 pm Sixen Post #75

soon(tm)
zZz.

None.

May 30 2010, 1:31 am payne Post #76

Quote from Centreri
I think you're being a bit optimistic. There's no way that unit placement gets you 7/10 knowledge, 4/5 content or 3/5 complexity. Might get more points for fun, though.
Of course I am optimistic, I'm rating myself :P
Quote from Myself
Not as bad as I expected, though, of course, I am being quite nice with myself :P

None.

May 30 2010, 10:12 am DevliN Post #77

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Sixen
soon(tm)
zZz.
So far it looks like I'm the only one who submitted scores. I have no idea what IP and Corbo are doing just yet.

My Overwatch addiction.

May 30 2010, 11:11 am Sixen Post #78

Quote from DevliN
Quote from Sixen
soon(tm)
zZz.
So far it looks like I'm the only one who submitted scores. I have no idea what IP and Corbo are doing just yet.

Gotcha, :P.

None.

Jun 4 2010, 11:14 pm Forsaken Archer Post #79

IP is hardcore playing beta before beta runs out, quite irresponsible of me. Will get my scores up in 24 hours, promise.

None.

Jun 5 2010, 5:42 pm Forsaken Archer Post #80

My scores are up. We are just waiting on corbo.
*poke poke*

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 6 >
  Back to forum