Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 General Discussion > Topic: Starcraft II Mapping Contest #1
Starcraft II Mapping Contest #1
May 8 2010, 6:45 pm
By: Forsaken Archer
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 56 >

May 21 2010, 11:09 pm UnholyUrine Post #41

Oh man ... I just realized that the mapping contest #3 is sort of overlapping this one D:

Participating in this contest WOULD be a legitimate reason for an extension. :ermm:

None.

May 22 2010, 5:22 pm Forsaken Archer Post #42

Entry topic: http://www.staredit.net/topic/11201/

None.

May 22 2010, 7:51 pm ZeroAme Post #43

Swampfox your map is pretty awesome can't wait for your tuts but a suggestion.. The health bar or hungar bar goes down way to fast.. I barely had enough time to figure out the controls and how to get a fire going and get some fish before my hunger was gone and then I was dead.

You should make a quick in-game tutorial for your map so people know what they have to do and how to do it and you should increase the time it takes to for hunger, energy, and thirst to drop.

EDIT: Almost forgot, your placement check doesn't work, I was able to place a campfire way far away from my guy and I also placed it(on accident) in the water.

None.

May 22 2010, 9:32 pm Swampfox Post #44

I was gonna make an in-game tutorial in later versions. I just don't have the time to make one before the end of the contest. Trust me, just play through it a couple times, and you'll get the hang of it. On a side note, as your survival level increases, your stuff drops more slowly.

Oh and the placement check is so you don't place the the structures on top of each other or on yourself. I don't actually have it checking if you place it under a certain height or if you place it too far... which would be good things to implement.... :) I guess I just never thought of placing it in the water?

Baah baah black sheep.... ^^

Thanks by the way!

None.

May 22 2010, 10:20 pm ZeroAme Post #45

Ok ya I got it now, but there are some bugs.

Cooking lvl even after gaining a lvl for it doesnt increase in your skills area, or at least doesn't show it increased. And then Im guessing you havnt done anything with the crafting skill since it isnt even in the skills bar?

None.

May 22 2010, 10:31 pm Swampfox Post #46

Nope. Never got to it. Once again, I'll actually complete/implement all this stuff in later versions. Right now, I'm just trying to get the general concepts across.

None.

May 22 2010, 11:16 pm ZeroAme Post #47

Well its great map still :) Cant wait for the final versions.

None.

May 23 2010, 3:29 am Swampfox Post #48

Ok well, I'm having trouble uploading my tutorial video.... See this: http://www.staredit.net/230821/

Jus' sayin'...

None.

May 23 2010, 3:32 am Jack Post #49

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from Swampfox
Ok well, I'm having trouble uploading my tutorial video.... See this: http://www.staredit.net/230821/

Jus' sayin'...
Back up all your files on a memory stick, reinstall your operating system, and don't download suspicious files :P

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

May 23 2010, 3:33 am Swampfox Post #50

Yea, I was going to reformat tomorrow. I needed to finish this contest stuff up beforehand though :(

I'm just going to upload a torrent for it. The judges can just download that, and possibly put it up on the youtube channel.

None.

May 23 2010, 4:06 am payne Post #51

:payne:

Seriously, are there only 2 participants?
The deadline ended since 5 minutes.
IP, send a PM to everyone who said "I'm in" (Devo, Fierce, etc.) and extend the deadline again by 24 hours? (suggestion that is)

None.

May 23 2010, 4:12 am Demented Shaman Post #52

He said it would be midnight at -8 gmt which is the Pacific timezone. It's only midnight in the east right now, so there's a little less than 3 hours left. Also, in the submissions topic I believe IP said he'd grant a day extension.

None.

May 23 2010, 4:17 am Forsaken Archer Post #53

Quote from name:devilesk
He said it would be midnight at -8 gmt which is the Pacific timezone. It's only midnight in the east right now, so there's a little less than 3 hours left. Also, in the submissions topic I believe IP said he'd grant a day extension.
This.
There is 2:45 left in the first deadline + 24 hours with the extension. You have almost 27 hours left.

None.

May 23 2010, 4:27 am payne Post #54

:payne:

Quote from name:isolatedpurity
This.
There is 2:45 left in the first deadline + 24 hours with the extension. You have almost 27 hours left.
Great! ^^
Still send a PM to the users please? :O

None.

May 24 2010, 7:32 am Demented Shaman Post #55

The timeline for this contest just wasn't long enough for me to finish all that I want to do with my map.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 25 2010, 4:30 am by DevliN. Reason: Topic clean-up

None.

May 24 2010, 7:37 am Sixen Post #56

The timeline for this contest just wasn't long enough for me to finish all that I want to do with my map.
And like I said, my map is simple in essence but powerful in reality. I don't have anything else to say other than what I wrote in the description. It's me poking through Galaxy, which was the point of the contest.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 25 2010, 4:30 am by DevliN. Reason: Topic clean-up

None.

May 24 2010, 7:53 am Demented Shaman Post #57

http://www.staredit.net/starcraft2/Leveling_units

My contribution, so far.

None.

May 24 2010, 8:28 am Corbo Post #58

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

From DevliN:
The following is a response to a fight I've since deleted. I left this because it is pertinent, despite how off-topic it seems now.

Relax, every single one of you.
So you don't like mapster? FINE!
But SEN's not the place to bash mapster nor Sixen, just because they are the competition doesn't mean we have to fight them, I mean it DOES mean that but in a good healthy competition way. You don't have to go on pulling a troll on someone else, simply because, it's stated in the rules that one does not do it.
Being a Dick
Don't be a dick. Special mention, lest someone think it were otherwise acceptable.
Perhaps worse is the fuckhead. Zero tolerance.
Same goes for you Sixen, you are ALL members of SEN and should follow the rules.

As to promotion, Sixen is FREE to promote mapsters, stated in the rules as well:
Advertising
Do not solicit commercial or personal products, scams, chain letters, clan recruitments, marketing, or games (ie, outwar) for your personal gain.
You are allowed to include links to your website in the proper places such as your profile, signature, and the Creative Works forum.
Reading the rule even more, Sixen, however, is not allowed to advertise on any forum that's not Creative, links to map do not count as advertising.

As to advertising SEN on mapster, Sixen obviously has an issue with such thing, so don't do it, and please, for your own good stop annoying Sixen on mapster via PMs, you know who you are and you need not respond to this message, but I've had so many complains from him that his fed up from this attitude that I am actually fed up of him complaining too :P

I'm a user on both sites, I like both sites but you've never seen me promoting mapster in here nor SEN on mapster. Why can't you all just be nice, shut up and have fun?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 25 2010, 4:33 am by DevliN. Reason: Topic clean-up

fuck you all

May 24 2010, 11:25 pm Centreri Post #59

Relatively ancient and inactive

Quote from name:IsolatedPurity
Judging Criteria: Nothing set as far as judging points and categories as of yet, but a part of it will be::
* Your contributions to SEN that came from your map. Wiki articles, tutorials, resources. It's not just about your map itself, it's what you learned from mapping so far and what knowledge you can share.
* Standard map stuff

None.

May 24 2010, 11:57 pm DavidJCobb Post #60

From DevliN:
The following is referring to a fight that I have since deleted. It is pertinent, so I left it in.

One could argue that it is easiest for the contest managers to verify that it's your tutorial (and that you've even posted a tutorial) if you post it here. Regardless, posting a tutorial on SEN does not preclude you from posting it elsewhere. Some argue that the more widespread a tutorial is, the more it benefits the mapmaking community (because more of that community can access it), and that by posting a tutorial on SEN, you're spreading it more widely.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 25 2010, 4:38 am by DevliN. Reason: Topic clean-up

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 56 >
  Back to forum