Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Custom Maps > Topic: Puma Strike
Puma Strike
Apr 25 2010, 11:28 pm
By: LoveLess  

Apr 25 2010, 11:28 pm LoveLess Post #1

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Puma Strike
You are a newly developed humanoid tank that has been dropped into hostile territory for it's final test. Several offensive and defensive systems were damaged in the incursion, but luckily, the creatures possess an element that you are able to draw from them when they die that can be stored and used to restore your systems. Behold, the marvels of modern technology.

Authoring by LoveLess

Game Play:
Run around while automated abilities take place. Eventually, there will require more player interaction, but it is limited at the moment.

Leveling:
Based around kills. When you level, you receive a full heal and upgrade points. You will receive upgrade points for each level you gain to help yourself fight the onslaught.

Interface:
I got a WASD system fully functional, to include diagonal angles of movement. The current dialog menus display your status and now includes an upgrade menu along the right side with buttons, but no tool-tips for the time being.

Weapon Systems:
You have twin cannons that can be used while stationary, available from the start. Passive missile pod that fires at the unit closest to you, available from the start. Additional missile pods will become available as you gain additional levels but fire at random targets around you. Some of your Yamato Cannons will also slowly activate, but their sensors are damaged and cannot be targeted correctly. Equipped a biological weapon that covers enemies, stopping them in their tracks and damaging them over time. You can upgrade these with points you receive for each level.

Terrain:
Non-existant.

Music:
Maybe.

I still need to come up with some more ideas for the map, new ones are welcome.

Attachments:
Puma Strike.SC2Map
Hits: 14 Size: 900.67kb

Post has been edited 9 time(s), last time on Apr 26 2010, 3:31 pm by LoveLess.

None.

Apr 25 2010, 11:42 pm Apos Post #2

I order you to forgive yourself!

They just kept on trapping me!

Did you play the http://www.staredit.net/topic/9807/ game? Your concept looked a little similar, maybe you can get a couple ideas from there for the menu.

Apr 26 2010, 12:07 am payne Post #3

:payne:

If ever you want to use my "Energy ball launcher" idea, go on ^^
I'm sure it'd fit well the atmosphere of this map. ;o

None.

Apr 26 2010, 2:09 am LoveLess Post #4

I will start playing with that after I get a working upgrade menu, custom visuals that is.

Any who, WASD is working now. Go ahead and give it a try.

None.

Apr 26 2010, 2:20 am LostInMyself Post #5

WASD movement seems to be bugged for me. Up and up right do not work. The rest of the directions seem to work.

Also when I died there was no defeat trigger and I could not F10 and quit.

Good map so far besides the bugs. An interface for upgrading between levels would be cool.

None.

Apr 26 2010, 2:31 am LoveLess Post #6

Quote from LostInMyself
WASD movement seems to be bugged for me. Up and up right do not work. The rest of the directions seem to work.

Also when I died there was no defeat trigger and I could not F10 and quit.

Good map so far besides the bugs. An interface for upgrading between levels would be cool.
Sorry about that, I fixed the problem, there was an action that got deleted. Also added a defeat for everyone's convenience, I have just been alt+F4.

None.

Apr 27 2010, 9:12 pm payne Post #7

:payne:

Is this finished?
If not, I'll bet you won't finish AG either. :)

None.

Options
  Back to forum