Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Import?
Import?
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Apr 24 2010, 8:42 pm
By: payne  

Apr 24 2010, 8:42 pm payne Post #1

:payne:

Is the SC1 Import function simply buggy or is there a way to -not- see only black terrain everywhere.
As it is right now, all I can see are the ressources D=

None.

Apr 24 2010, 9:44 pm payne Post #2

:payne:

Solution found:
The maps will be all black because the editor doesn’t know which textures to use when it converts from old maps to new. After loading a map through “Convert legacy map” you have to go to Map > Map textures and then select a few textures and click ok. The map will now be textured and you will see it’s shape and so on, but you will notice that any elevation differences, like rivers or higher ground in Starcraft 1 maps, will be represented by plain differences in height of normal ground. Aka, if you take an scv and walk into what is supposed to be water, the scv will just go to the bottom and up on the other side. You have to manually “fill in” the old map with SC2 cliffs/rivers etc.

None.

Options
  Back to forum