Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Mapping Tools > Topic: FastTrig
FastTrig
Apr 21 2010, 5:14 am
By: Cinolt  

Apr 21 2010, 5:14 am Cinolt Post #1

FastTrig is a text trigger editor that compiles trigger data directly into a .chk file, with full support for EUDs. It also features very abbreviated syntax from which the name is derived.

Now, it replaces the triggers already on the .chk so it's not practical to edit existing maps with this, but it's good to start maps that use EUD Action binary countoffs, if used in conjunction with programs like http://www.staredit.net/files/1202/

The only conditions/actions supported atm are:
Always
Never
Deaths
Switch

Set Deaths
Set Switch
Wait
Preserve Trigger

but I'll add more if there's a request or I need it later on. And just so you know the comment action is harder to code than it seems which is why I didn't add it yet.

Example syntax (should be self-explanatory):
Code
.p
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 f1 f2 f3 f4
.c
Deaths cur ex 1 9001
Deaths 420 least 2 0
Deaths 0 most 500 150
.a
SetDeaths cur set 42 9001
SetDeaths 420 add 1 0
SetDeaths 3 sub 2 55
Preserve

http://www.staredit.net/files/2158/

Example map that is made with this: http://www.staredit.net/files/2159/

Post has been edited 7 time(s), last time on Apr 21 2010, 8:08 pm by yoonkwun.

None.

Apr 21 2010, 6:00 am Falkoner Post #2

So... It basically allows you to make EUDs easily?

None.

Apr 21 2010, 6:30 am Cinolt Post #3

It makes maps with EUD binary countoffs a lot easier since SCMDraft2's text trigger editor doesn't support EUD actions. Though for simple EUD actions like changing weapon sprites you're better off using SCMDraft2's classic editor so you don't have to deal with chk extraction.

None.

Apr 21 2010, 3:26 pm ImagoDeo Post #4

This will be mostly obsolete once SI adds the memory action, but for now it's helpful.

None.

Apr 23 2010, 3:24 pm CecilSunkure Post #5

I could also add a memory action to ProTrg in like 30 seconds. Although I won't mess with EUD actions until SI makes his action supported by scmdraft.

None.

Apr 23 2010, 5:55 pm Cinolt Post #6

Ah, I didn't know ProTRG supported exporting trigger data directly.

None.

Apr 24 2010, 4:32 am Falkoner Post #7

To my knowledge it doesn't, so if I'm right, this program does have usefulness at the moment.

None.

Apr 26 2010, 4:32 am Cinolt Post #8

Quote from poiuy_qwert
Changes
ProTRG v1.1:
* Updated readme
* Fixed LeaderboardComputerPlayers (changed parameter from SETSWITCHSTATE to SETOTHERSTATE)
* Fixed the default trigger file from "triggers.txt" to "triggers.protrg"
* Fixed the convenience global ACTIONS so it's set to True
* Fixed some TUNIT vs UNIT inconsistancies, and the definitions for conditions/actions with the PERCENT parameter type
* Fixed multilines and slashes in string conversion
* Fixed potential problem with script filenames starting with "protrg" (without quotes)
* Fixed switches to be numbered the same as SCMDraft switches (1-256 instead of 0-255)
* Fixed many unit names
* Added support for compiling straight to .trg's, including GOT compatible .trg's (Note: StarEdit has problems loading recycled strings)
* Added an optional mechanism to have stronger typed values for parameters (Explained more in the Coding section)
* Added support for Extended Unit Deaths (EUD's) using the new stronger type mechanism (using EXTENDEDUNIT type)
* Added DefaultString, which is set to an empty string (""), and all default AI scripts as Globals
* Added @include preprocessor to iclude ProTRG files in others
* Added better command line support
* Added better support for Properties
* Added the keyword argument "disabled" for conditions/actions
* Added the possibility to collapse code in Notepad++ using #> and #< for the start and end
* Added a list of the Globals and their values to reference.txt
* All conditions and actions now inherit from the Condition and Action classes instead of directly from Raw
* LOCATION id's are now 0 to 254 instead of 1 to 255 to conform with map editors default location names
* If an error happens in your script it will now print all the current triggers in the Trigger list (if any) after printing the error traceback
ProTRG v1:
* First public release

I don't know what format ".trg" is but that line makes it seem like it's raw CHK trigger data.

In any case, for trigger-intensive mappers who need to produce a ton of binary countoffs and such, the highly abbreviated syntax can be useful as well. It was to me.

None.

Options
  Back to forum