Staredit Network > Forums > Introductions > Topic: My Introduction to a New World
My Introduction to a New World
Apr 11 2010, 6:31 pm
By: Vingle  
Polls
Is Disney good or Bad?
Is Disney good or Bad?
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Good. 1

12%
Bad. 1

12%
I Don't Care. 2

23%
OMFG THE ZERGLINGS ARE HERE! 5

56%
Please login to vote.
Poll has 9 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Apr 11 2010, 6:31 pm Vingle Post #1

Hi guys. My name is Vingle. I just wanted to say hi to this community. I find the information here very useful, especially when I run into a roadblock or banana peel (supply block?). I found this site through Google (by typing 'whats a trigger?') and found it to be one of the most resourceful and funny websites I've seen in a while (The Void). I'm very interested in modding, though I'm not quite sure I have the time for making them (the good maps have like what, years of work put in?!?), though I try my hardest to have it not be a fail (earliest map was basically 5 zlots and a goon against 500 zerglings). I'm quite pro at CHW, Volcano run and 7v1 comp with heroes. Cat 'n' Mouse too. I just LOVE Hummingbirds. I find them interesting as hell. I believe Disney has made at least SOME good movies over the years (namely Bambi and Pixar), though their direct-to-video sequels just ruin most of it. I live in Toronto, where its cold, easy to get lost in, and has lots of chicks. ^^ I look forward to meeting you all!
~Vingle

None.

Apr 11 2010, 7:04 pm Vrael Post #2

and has lots of chicks
But are they hot chicks, or mountain trolls?

Enjoy your time at SEN, but beware of Devourer. His coding contributions to SEN are invaluable, but he seems to think that because of this he is given free liscense to smash people over the head with large rocks then devour their livers. Perhaps you might want to invest in a hard hat or a helmet of some sort for your duration at SEN.

None.

Apr 11 2010, 7:29 pm Apos Post #3

I order you to forgive yourself!

Welcome to Sen! I am the best mapper by far, so all your questions can go to me.

Apr 11 2010, 7:35 pm Vingle Post #4

Thanks! I'm quite new to using ScmDraft II. I was always using Staredit (yes, I'm very outdated). Can you explain what a String is?
~Vingle

P.S. Yes, Vrael, they are CHICKS. Not bipedal creatures that don't know how to solve 1+1=2 To them its 1+1=Bat

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 11 2010, 7:40 pm by Vingle.

None.

Apr 11 2010, 8:00 pm lil-Inferno Post #5

Just here for the pie

A string is any text information stored within a map. For example, trigger comments, unit names, display texts, etc. are all strings.

Also, be polite and accept any kiwis, beds, or sex toys offered to you.

Apr 11 2010, 9:53 pm Super Duper Post #6

Quote from Apos

Welcome to Sen! I am the best mapper by far, so all your questions can go to me.
That picture looks so fake.

None.

Apr 11 2010, 10:07 pm DavidJCobb Post #7

Oh. Oh, dear.

It seems I accidentally the report button on your post. I am terribly sorry.

...XD Welcome to SEN. Hope ya have a good time here.

None.

Options
  Back to forum