Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Mapping Tools > Topic: EUD Action Enabler !
EUD Action Enabler !
Apr 7 2010, 9:08 pm
By: O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 56 >

Apr 9 2010, 3:05 pm Biophysicist Post #41

I just want to point out that you can do all of this much more easily using a mod/plugin. Look into the General Plugin Template Project by A_of-s_t. It lets you do the exact same thing, but using named variables instead of numbers. This adds much more flexibility. For example, lets say you want to make Marines regenerate HP at the same rate as a Zerg unit. With EUD Actions, this would take one trigger for every Marine that can possibly in the game - detect if the unit is a Marine, and if so, add 4 health points. (I'm using "health points" to refer to the literal HP, which is 256 times greater than the displayed HP.) If I remember correctly, map max is 1700, so you'd need 1700 triggers. However, with a plugin, you can just do this:

Code
bool nextFrame()
{
    for(int i = 0; i < 1700; i++)
    {
        UNIT* unit = &unitTable(i);
        if(unit->unitId == 0)
        {
            unit->healthPoints += 4;
        }
    }
}
}

Note that the "default" version of GPTP requires patch 1.15.1, but you can upgrade it to work with patch 1.16.1 and simultaneously add even more power to the plugins. I'm not sure of the process, but I'm looking into it right now. Or you could just write for 1.15.1 and make people downgrade their SC to play. :hurr:

EDIT: It does occur to me that plugins require a knowledge of C++. I can easily teach you enough C++ to be able to use them, though. PMificate me if you're interested.

None.

Apr 9 2010, 4:11 pm TiKels Post #42

EUDS =/= Modding

If mapping is one side of a coin, and modding is the other, then EUD's are the middle ground, the gray/grey area, the little ridged edge of the coin.
EUD's allow mappers to mod and modders to map. (Sorta :awesome:)

The advantage of EUD actions is, as quoted from the shoutbox:

[12:00 pm]
TiKels -- Because it's easier to transfer a EUD action patch then it is an entire MOD to tons of people. EUD Actions enabler is like... "Limited Mod Enablement"
[12:02 pm]
TiKels -- If everyone gets it then everyone can have amazing mods being played at any point.
[12:03 pm]
Ahli;) -- plugins = everyone need to dl and run the same mod. EUDEnabler = 1 program (that actually lets you play normal maps on bnet). no loading, nothing special to do and you can do all changes very easy and everyone can do that changes with triggers after a EUD database or something was created

Basically Ahli summarized my statements in a better fashion.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Apr 9 2010, 4:20 pm Biophysicist Post #43

That would be a valid point if Bnet pubs weren't retarded. As they are, however, your argument is invalid: They won't be able to understand that they need to get a third-party program to play. Therefore, it's only useful in single-player. Therefore, mods are better for this purpose.

None.

Apr 9 2010, 4:33 pm TiKels Post #44

First of all, no. I have dialup and downloading a 6kb file to enable 100 "limited mods" is better than having to download and set up 100 different mods.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Apr 9 2010, 4:37 pm CecilSunkure Post #45

Well it's really a matter of personal preference. If someone wants to sharpen their understanding of memory and EUD conditions, then creating actions can help to do that.

In order to successfully create a mod you had to learn a slightly different set of skills.

Both methods have their ups and downs, so what it comes down to is whatever you feel like using. No sense in wasting peoples' time by arguing around SEN.

None.

Apr 9 2010, 7:55 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #46

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from name:TassadarZeratul
If someone wanted to make a mod, then they'd just make a mod ... EUD Enable will just reopen the counterpart to EUD conditions creating a whole new world of triggering ... Plugins just aren't the same (and, in my experience, EUD actions are so much more fun. Plugins just seem like a cheater's way out.)

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Apr 10 2010, 12:59 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #47

👻 👾 👽 💪

I found what's causing the crashes ... There were a couple errors in the ASM causing it to try and read invalid memory. I'm brute testing the fixes before I upload an update.

Updated first post. This shouldn't crash.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 10 2010, 1:17 am by FaRTy1billion.

EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Apr 10 2010, 7:24 am payne Post #48

:payne:

Weren't the Triggers of God disabled by Blizzard because of the possibility to run harmful hacks on the computers of the person who runs the trigger? :S

None.

Apr 10 2010, 7:40 am DavidJCobb Post #49

Prob'ly. I s'pose playing a map with EUD actions is just like running an HTA. They're (very very relatively) easy to make, so make sure you trust the source.

None.

Apr 10 2010, 7:45 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #50

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from payne
Weren't the Triggers of God disabled by Blizzard because of the possibility to run harmful hacks on the computers of the person who runs the trigger? :S
Unless someone is crazy 1337 h4xx0r and has nothing better to do with their life (seriously at all), the most that could happen is a rather unpleasant crash.

Apr 10 2010, 5:41 pm 007shinobi Post #51

If memory serves me well, was there a EUD offset calculator before? I mean, I guess I am a noob, but I thought there was one :???:

None.

Apr 10 2010, 6:45 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #52

👻 👾 👽 💪

There was one for calculating unit properties and such, but it is outdated.
There is EUDTrig that will calculate the player/unit IDs from a memory address.

Apr 13 2010, 3:21 am ImagoDeo Post #53

It's such a shame that this kind of thing comes out only a few months before SC2 is available to the general public. I mean, seriously - we should've had all this YEARS ago. How is it possible that it takes TEN FRIGGIN' YEARS for a community as big as StarCraft's to produce stuff like this? I feel like we finally know everything about SC, and now SC2 comes out, making it all obsolete.

Dang, I hate change.

[/rant]

None.

Apr 13 2010, 3:39 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #54

👻 👾 👽 💪

It was found around 1.12/1.13 ... Then it was patched during the 1.13 era ... There was an enabler made then, nobody used it. I got sick of it not existing, so I played a lot with enablers which I then released. >.>

Apr 18 2010, 2:15 pm ImagoDeo Post #55

Now all we're waiting for is this. Once we have it, it'll be simple to use EUDs - especially given this.

None.

Apr 18 2010, 2:19 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #56

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from ImagoDeo
Once we have it, it'll be simple to use EUDs - especially given this.
Or this and this.

Apr 19 2010, 4:35 pm Morphling Post #57

In the map attached below I created a pixel grid on a 256x256 map using only one location and about 100 triggers (I didn't count). All you have to do is just order the scourge and an explosion will appear where you clicked. It only works for the first two players. I also included marines attacking with a yamato gun. :)

Attachments:
Unit Destinations [0.02].scx
Hits: 25 Size: 47.11kb

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 19 2010, 4:53 pm by Morphling.

None.

Apr 19 2010, 8:01 pm Cinolt Post #58

Unit coordinates with 0 locations and 62 triggers. Cheating ftw

Edit: idk why it's that big. I think SCMDraft2 messed it up when I resized the map. Oh well.

Attachments:
[EUDA] Unit Coordinates.scx
Hits: 17 Size: 138.91kb

None.

Apr 19 2010, 9:30 pm Morphling Post #59

Good job, Yoonkwun, but can your marines shoot yamato guns? On a side note, someone should make the concept in my map into a shooter map.

None.

Apr 19 2010, 9:52 pm Cinolt Post #60

Unit coordinates + unit destination + slope inter/extrapolation + pixel grid = awesome shooter map

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 56 >
  Back to forum