Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Mapping Tools > Topic: EUD Trigger Editor?
EUD Trigger Editor?
Mar 16 2010, 3:52 am
By: mapping4joy  

Mar 16 2010, 3:52 am mapping4joy Post #1

Hi Everyone, I'm new here and I've been wondering about EUD triggers. Is it possible to still use them? What map editor lets you use them?

None.

Mar 16 2010, 4:39 am rockz Post #2

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

http://www.staredit.net/wiki/EUDs
http://www.staredit.net/topic/7993/

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Mar 16 2010, 5:36 am samsizzle Post #3

If you're talking about EUD Actions, they were patched. But you can use a downgrader to get to a version that allows them.

None.

Mar 16 2010, 5:41 am CecilSunkure Post #4

These two links are going to be your best friends in your quest to use EUD conditions.

None.

Mar 16 2010, 3:15 pm mapping4joy Post #5

Yeah I heard that they were banned because they were potentially harmful of spreading viruses and they crashed macs, but I heard of some of the amazing stuff they can do.

I think it's really interesting, going beyond the death counter to access arbitrary data. Sounds like the deep, dark abyss where the unknown lay haha.

None.

Mar 16 2010, 5:36 pm rockz Post #6

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

It's so simple, but some people have one hell of a time grasping the data.

You can still do some of the amazing stuff, like give units shields, make flingy.dat units REALLY fast, and give units 873489/1 HP, but not with EUDS. You have to edit the values in a memory editor, and it only works when you're alone, since changing values will make your copy of SC different from everyone else, and cause a desync.

Pretty much everything is known about EUDs, but what isn't known is where everything is in the memory. We have a pretty good idea (see links for EUDDB and the memory map). The deep, dark, abyss is extended units and unit sprites, which are known to have strange effects on other units, like an arbiter's cloaking field, doubling the animation rate, doubling attack speed, changing all the colors on the screen, etc...

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Options
  Back to forum