Staredit Network talk:Community Portal
From Staredit Network
Community portal layout
Okay. We can work on other things while deciding this, and once we get the ComPort up and running, we can use it to decide what to focus on, and how. So how should we set up the ComPort?
(Heheh... ComPort... Makes me wanna design a logo, like a modified ComSat Station or somethin'.) DavidJCobb 16:48, 9 May 2010 (UTC)
Community portal layout (derailed :P)
How should we lay out the community portal? I've worked up a preliminary layout, with a Wikipedia-inspired header and a rudimentary task list. Where do we go from here? DavidJCobb 20:11, 26 April 2010 (UTC)
- I think the first issue that needs to be addressed regarding the community portal is... Where do we discuss each task on the task list? Should tasks get subpages, e.x. Staredit Network:Community Portal/Tasklist for a main directory and Staredit Network:Community Portal/Tasklist/Task for a task? DavidJCobb 20:00, 27 April 2010 (UTC)
- Vrael -- Nah, Priority #1 should be to move all our SC1 articles here and then make a List of Articles page like you get when you go to the old wiki and click "reference" or "tutorials"
- I was gonna add that to the tasklist when we figured out how to implement the tasklist :P But I suppose we can discuss it here for now.
- BTW if you suffix your posts with
~~~~, it automatically prints your username (with a link to your currently-nonexistent userpage) and an exact timestamp. (Important for preventing necromancy on talk pages.) You can customize your signature (excluding the timestamp) at Special:Preferences.
- Getting back to the topic of transferring the articles, we first need to know what to name them, so I must ask...
- What naming conventions should we use to differentiate between StarCraft and StarCraft II?
- Note that when I refer to suffixes in the following questions, I mean articles of the format "Title (suffix)".
- When a concept exists only in one game and there are no similarly-named articles for the other game, should it be suffixed with the name of that game?
- When a concept exists in both games, should it always be covered in separate articles? Or should we try to have it in one article, and then split it later if it becomes too large or difficult to manage?
- (Only if we have articles on each unit:) When a unit exists in both games, should it always be covered in one article, or in separate articles?
- What should the suffix for SC1 articles be? "StarCraft", "StarCraft I", "SC", "SC1", "SCI"
- What should the suffix for SCII articles be? "StarCraft II", "StarCraft 2", "SC2", "SCII"
- My opinions:
- No suffix for unique single-game articles.
- Start with one article; split later if needed.
- Separate unit articles by game.
- StarCraft II
- DavidJCobb 23:23, 27 April 2010 (UTC)
Articles will be suffixed with " (StarCraft)" or " (StarCraft II)", accordingly. DavidJCobb 16:48, 9 May 2010 (UTC)